Jeff Demps won the men's 100m at the Ponce Grand Prix in a time of 10.27 seconds, what does it mean? could we not have worked with him?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Demps is the same size as Tavon Austin, more or less, with similar athletic ability. Only question is motivation and commitment.

His situation is similar to that of Jeremy Bloom a few years back. He never amounted to anything in the NFL. It's difficult to be a part-time pro football player. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

the man clearly still has elite talent. y couldnt we make him the bo jackson of this era? there always 2 or 3 folks to sacrfce for. didnt we do this for roman phifer for instance. he used to miss practices routinely to go to the west coast to spend time with his family. now someone else has this elite talent. i bet tampa will figure out how to accomodate this elite talent.

see, this is the stuff you are good at right there TFB12. Stick to this kind of stuff. It's perfect for you.

As for Commie Dribbleb and his lame premises, BB will never take a player in here who isn't fully committed. The #1 thing he wants from RBs is to pick up the blocing responsibilites. A dwarf scatback type who may or may not be availble to the team, ain't happening here.

Thanks Rusty!  I'm also good at running the fantasy football league with they awesome group of guys and gal here.  I'm also good at being objective and sharing facts and ideas about the Patriots as well as other teams.

You are good at posting your opinion, not based on facts but on how you see things through your rose colored glasses.   You have never played or coached the game yet seem to have all the answers!!  Fraud!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

the man clearly still has elite talent. y couldnt we make him the bo jackson of this era? there always 2 or 3 folks to sacrfce for. didnt we do this for roman phifer for instance. he used to miss practices routinely to go to the west coast to spend time with his family. now someone else has this elite talent. i bet tampa will figure out how to accomodate this elite talent.

see, this is the stuff you are good at right there TFB12. Stick to this kind of stuff. It's perfect for you.

As for Commie Dribbleb and his lame premises, BB will never take a player in here who isn't fully committed. The #1 thing he wants from RBs is to pick up the blocing responsibilites. A dwarf scatback type who may or may not be availble to the team, ain't happening here.

Thanks Rusty!  I'm also good at running the fantasy football league with they awesome group of guys and gal here.  I'm also good at being objective and sharing facts and ideas about the Patriots as well as other teams.

You are good at posting your opinion, not based on facts but on how you see things through your rose colored glasses.   You have never played or coached the game yet seem to have all the answers!!  Fraud!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm also good at running the fantasy football league with they awesome group of guys and gal here.

Hey not to be too off topic, but if a spot opens up this year let me know!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As you can see I am highly interested via my multiple postings.  What a fail...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I'm also good at running the fantasy football league with they awesome group of guys and gal here.

Make it 2

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Okay, I will add you to the list.  I have a spot being held for Texas Pat just incase he decides to play!!  LOL!!  And then you are next.  Maybe we can get enough for 2 leagues this season, that would be awesome!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Make it 2

You have also been added to the waiting list.  Like I have said, we may have enough people for 2 leagues this season, we will see.  But I have you and PCMIV down as interested players for this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Make it 2

You have also been added to the waiting list.  Like I have said, we may have enough people for 2 leagues this season, we will see.  But I have you and PCMIV down as interested players for this season.

Well thanks aswell you have the annual invite to the knockout pool. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Make it 2

If you can run two leagues...can we somehow form and AFC NFC and have an actual fantasy super bowl? I say we, meaning you....but add me to the waiting list please...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Make it 2

Well thanks aswell you have the annual invite to the knockout pool. 

Thank you Sir!  I love playing in the knockout pool!  It is a blast and I appreciate all the work that goes into running that!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

as an aside, did u guys watch nfl network today when they had lolo jones and nehemiah judging the form of guys hurdling over tacklers.. the #1 guy in that area is one BLOUNT. i can this board lighting up the first time he does it and goes for 60 yards on a key 4th and 1 with 3 minutes left as he once did in tampa.

So you champion a guy who is undersized and not dedicated to football (Demps) and a head case who can't stay on the field with his previous team even when they needed strong running. This smacks of wishful thinking to the max.

You should realize that there are LOTS of players with some atheletic talents. ZBut that does not make them good football players or even boardline ones. By your standards (and by that I mean by the standards of your logic HERE) you would want to go after Vernon Gholston because if he had a good coach he could translate his atheletic abilities. But it does not work that way. A good caoch can not make a player into a good player. He can help a player reach his potential only if the player is willing and able to do what it takes.

Blount may do OK here. I HOPE he does. But I do not expect him to get 40 carries this year unless we have multiple injuries. Demps would have had to learn the system and, if he was going to be a third down back, beaten out a very good Vereen for that role and been able to pass block (that might have been the ultimate thing he could do... and so not seen much of the field on thrid downs). Demps is intriguing though. I dont deny it. I just dont like to bet. I like to invest in value, not dreams. Value put to work makes dreams happen. Just dreaming..., makes you a lazy slob.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

as an aside, did u guys watch nfl network today when they had lolo jones and nehemiah judging the form of guys hurdling over tacklers.. the #1 guy in that area is one BLOUNT. i can this board lighting up the first time he does it and goes for 60 yards on a key 4th and 1 with 3 minutes left as he once did in tampa.

So you champion a guy who is undersized and not dedicated to football (Demps) and a head case who can't stay on the field with his previous team even when they needed strong running. This smacks of wishful thinking to the max.

You should realize that there are LOTS of players with some atheletic talents. ZBut that does not make them good football players or even boardline ones. By your standards (and by that I mean by the standards of your logic HERE) you would want to go after Vernon Gholston because if he had a good coach he could translate his atheletic abilities. But it does not work that way. A good caoch can not make a player into a good player. He can help a player reach his potential only if the player is willing and able to do what it takes.

Blount may do OK here. I HOPE he does. But I do not expect him to get 40 carries this year unless we have multiple injuries. Demps would have had to learn the system and, if he was going to be a third down back, beaten out a very good Vereen for that role and been able to pass block (that might have been the ultimate thing he could do... and so not seen much of the field on thrid downs). Demps is intriguing though. I dont deny it. I just dont like to bet. I like to invest in value, not dreams. Value put to work makes dreams happen. Just dreaming..., makes you a lazy slob.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts