Jeff Demps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

Jeff Demps

I wasn't able to see the last half of the game but the stats say,

Jeff Demps....3 carries , 41 yards.
    Can anyone add to how Mr. Demps played and what his outlook was for the game....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Jeff Demps

In Response to Jeff Demps:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't able to see the last half of the game but the stats say, Jeff Demps....3 carries , 41 yards. Can anyone add to how Mr. Demps played and what his outlook was for the game....        
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

missed 2nd half, but listened to several boston sportscasts.
    he did and or showed everything i said he would.
    get him the ball anywhere, on the pass, run, punt kic, end around adn he'll do well.
    up the middle i would not do.

1 punt or kick i dont remember 30 some yards negated by penalty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

His speed and talent singlehandedly changed the future of the running back position in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yes I am overseas and didnt see the game either.....how did he look on KR's??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Demps:
    [QUOTE]yes I am overseas and didnt see the game either.....how did he look on KR's??
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

He was okay on Kick returns and had a 16 yard punt return. He's so fast out there that he will have some big returns. I was surprised at how well he did, seeing that he hadn't touched a football since last year. This guy is going to be electrifying and a threat to score every time that he has the ball in his hands..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Demps : He was okay on Kick returns and had a 16 yard punt return. He's so fast out there that he will have some big returns. I was surprised at how well he did, seeing that he hadn't touched a football since last year. This guy is going to be electrifying and a threat to score every time that he has the ball in his hands..
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

"I was surprised at how well he did, seeing that he hadn't touched a football since last year. This guy is going to be electrifying and a threat to score every time that he has the ball in his hands."

exactly sporter. wait till he gets in football shape.
    i said this from the get go.
    he will have to work some on ball security and i wouldnt run him into the middle of the line. but otherwise, the defense isnt going to be able to double anyone on this offesne wihtout paying.
    that if our o line can give brady 2 seconds :)
    waters mankins and vollmer cant make it to the line fast enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ok bandwagoners.... say it with me: demps is the USAIN BOLT of the patriots... you cant teach speed kool-aiders. been crying out for this kind of move. bill's a master strategist with the best system in the league. however, without competitive talent you still are one game short of a ring! a guy like demps with gronk, herny, welk, lloyd, tb and others can really change the equation. feel bad for woody. if he somehow makes this team, his role will be very marginalized going forward barring injury. he's now the kevin faulk of last year. frankly, he wont be on this final roster for whatever reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Ever since an NBA coach said you can't teach height it's been applied to everything. There's for sure a genetic limit we reach in speed but not like height where there is absolutely nothing you can do do to gain even one millimeter in height. Demps didn't spend the last 8 months training for nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Demps : He was okay on Kick returns and had a 16 yard punt return. He's so fast out there that he will have some big returns. I was surprised at how well he did, seeing that he hadn't touched a football since last year. This guy is going to be electrifying and a threat to score every time that he has the ball in his hands..
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

His punt return was actually about 35-40 yards but got called back on a holding penalty by Malcolm Williams. On that return, James Ihedibo took out two Bucs with one great block to spring Denks...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Everybody in the NFL is fast, beyond fast this kid is quick, he makes good cuts and is a decisive runner. 

I wouldn't be surprised given BB's relationship with Urban Meyer if we learned Demp's and the Pat's had a contract hammered out prior to the Olympics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets could have gambled a seventh round pick on Mr. Demps if they thought he would have amounted to anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'll put it this way his performance last night, after only a few practice's, has made both Edelman and Woodhead expandable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]I'll put it this way his performance last night, after only a few practice's, has made both Edelman and Woodhead expandable.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

tcal

You are really into bold predictions lately (Ebner = Polamalu) ! I did not see the game last night but do you really think NE is willing to give up it's all-purpose jack knives so quickly? One thing BB has already accomplished this year is to make the team more exciting with addition of Ebner and Demps along with improving the overall defensive strength. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Rise of the Smaller Shorter but exciting NFL running back. Hopefully we are seeing the emergence in the NFL a Smaller sized but faster paced running back who will produce exciting plays however their careers will be much shorter. When their speed goes so does their career. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1st I don't give a F u c k about what the yets think,want or should've done. The only thing I hate more than the yets are their putrid fans
    Demps is the second coming of Terry Metcalf,one touch and he can change a game and demands to have, a game plan and a player or two focussing solely on him when ever he is on the field. Being that fast while wearing full pads is a beautiful thing if he is on your team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I'll put it this way his performance last night, after only a few practice's, has made both Edelman and Woodhead expandable.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Edelman is a WR, punt returner, cornerback and if they cut Hoyer our third string QB, no way they cut him.  Woody I'm no longer convinced is a lock but he's not expendable either...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Demps : His punt return was actually about 35-40 yards but got called back on a holding penalty by Malcolm Williams. On that return, James Ihedibo took out two Bucs with one great block to spring Denks...
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know about that BSF111. That was the only play that I missed last night. I came back into the room and heard he had returned a punt and looked at the box score to see what it was for. That's even better news!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We've never had this type of player before. It reminds me of when the Vikings put Percey Harvin out there in the backfield on some plays, it catches the defenses attention fast. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think Edelmen really hurt his chances this year last night. With Welker out he saw a lot of reps but no catches...agree he is versatile but mediocre in a lot of spots does not equaly a roster spot with so many WR's ....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Cuts are hard guys. Pats-bilbo said it above, Edelman did nothing as a slot WR last night (I still think Brady has no confidence in him after the consecutive game TD drops 2 season ago) and Demps is a better returner both kickoff and punt. Sorry but I just don't see 3rd/4th string QB and Emergency DB being enough too make this team. Lets be real here. He's 1000x better then Woodhead. Woodhead was a nice story and all but come on. Maybe all 3 make the team but I won't be shocked if either one or both Woodhead and Edelman get cut.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Here is where I would rate the three of them..

#1: Demps
    #2: Edelman
    #3: Woodhead

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I think it's obvious that Demps' ceiling is extremely high. IF his body holds up, he could turn out to be a fantastic signing by the Pats. And it certainly does create a scenario where likely Edelman or Woodhead is gone. My big question is if you think that another team would be willing to throw a late round draft pick for one. I'd think that some team might give a 7th for a solid third down back like Woodhead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell you one thing, this guy has got football speed. A track guy could of never had that run he had last night - I loved how he kept those legs moving through his cut and contact...really was very impressive. If this guy ever learns to become a polished pass catcher, watch out because when they sent him on a pass pattern, he got there in a flash...he just didn't run it right. If he really puts the work in he could be something special because he's got so much talent.