Jeff Fisher: "It Was A Penalty"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Jeff Fisher:

As was this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4d8a3/Patriots-seal-win-on-Manning-s-third-INT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Read it yesterday.  Just let it go, dude.  It's over.  Bad call. Move on.  They aren't going to change it.  Bad calls happen in sports all the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Read it yesterday.  Just let it go, dude.  It's over.  Bad call. Move on.  They aren't going to change it.  Bad calls happen in sports all the time.

And sometimes the pats even benefit from them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

or don't.........twice in the same year......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

when has the FG penalty in Jets game been called since?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

or don't.........twice in the same year......

what was the other one this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

ah - that one.  So what you are saying is you want plays called correctly except when you don't. 

got it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LMFAO you can't honestly believe that.  DMC didn't even touch Garcon until the ball was in Sanders' hands which would have been roughly when the ball would have gotten to Garcon if Manning had been able to  make a good throw.  Comparing that to Kuechly bear hugging Gronk for practically 5 seconds is priceless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

ah - that one.  So what you are saying is you want plays called correctly except when you don't. 

got it.

No. It was not called on the Jets earlier in the game which the NFL fraudulently admitted to after the game, a few days later.

That's a fact.

The other fact is, when they showed the new rule to teams this offseason, they only showed it as  penalty with the players standing up behind the down linemen.

Jones was not standing up behind the line of scrimmage.  

Regardless of what you say, there have been THREE last play calls that are either wrong or sketchy to go agains the Pats in the last 2 seasons.

No other NFL team can claim this distinction.

So what you are saying is that Belichick was trying to find a loophole in the rule like a tax cheat.  What does the rule say?  does it mention anything about down linemen or players standing behind the line of scrimmage? 

Your spin sounds eerily similar to Belichick's effort to re-interpret the taping rules a few years ago.  Sometimes belichick may be a little too smaht for his own good. 

I'd imagine that a demonstration of the rule in the offseason is easier done with a player standing behind the line of scrimmage than one on the line of scrimmage who drops off then charges into the lineman forward of him. 

I find it really silly if this is what Belichick had his players do in an attempt to skirt the rule. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

No matter what has transpired and whether one believes that it was a good or bad call, the bottom line is this.... The Patriots should have never been in that position where they are on life support the last minute of the game. The defining moment of the game is when it was 3rd down on the 1 and they do a option pass which fails and then they kick a field goal. I blame  McD for the suck call... Really, really stupid...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

LMFAO you can't honestly believe that.  DMC didn't even touch Garcon until the ball was in Sanders' hands which would have been roughly when the ball would have gotten to Garcon if Manning had been able to  make a good throw.  Comparing that to Kuechly bear hugging Gronk for practically 5 seconds is priceless.

and laughing right back at ya.  Mccourty was on garcon as he was cutting back to the ball before it reached sanders hands.  they are the same play.  One the pats benefitted from and one they did not. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:

No matter what has transpired and whether one believes that it was a good or bad call, the bottom line is this.... The Patriots should have never been in that position where they are on life support the last minute of the game. The defining moment of the game is when it was 3rd down on the 1 and they do a option pass which fails and then they kick a field goal. I blame  McD for the suck call... Really, really stupid...

bingo. the faux outrage is enough to cause one to gag.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Not like that.   I was talking to people who aren't even NFL fans who were talking about that, even yesterday.

It's been all over the news the last 48 hours.  

There are bad calls all the time in every sport and yes, like that.  One could not be worse then the Packers vs Seahawks game ending call with the replacement refs.  That was horrible and I don't think they get any worse then that.  It was a TD for the Packers.  Game winning TD.  Man, I felt for those fans.  The Pats would have been on the 1 yard line.  Not a given against that defense.

If you are a boxing fan, and I think you are by you making reference yesterday to the Pernell Whitaker vs Chavez robbery, then you can't be surprised by a bad call.  You have got to be used to sports raw deals over the years.  Anytime you have people making calls via their perspective and opinion then these things are always going to happen.  I will admit that it is nice to finally see so many people support the Pats on this call.  It's about time!  But still, it changes nothing.  We are now beating a dead horse.  I don't think many disagree with our opinion that it was a bad call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh come on now, that isn't even close.  You aren't serious about that, are you?  That is ridiculous if you are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Get over Manning dude you're a Colts fan...he's gone, your life may never be the same but Manning's tenure in Indy much like the Carolina game are gone!

Also on the link, the pats were well in control of the game...there's a big big difference between being in control and making it impossible for the other team to win i.e. being up 21 points in the 4th is still a feasible feat to overcome however unlikely the colts weren't coming back that day the Patriots D simply had Manning's number

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Oh come on now, that isn't even close.  You aren't serious about that, are you?  That is ridiculous if you are.

Its the same thing.  Is it not.  If not, why not?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Get over Manning dude you're a Colts fan...he's gone, your life may never be the same but Manning's tenure in Indy much like the Carolina game are gone!

Also on the link, the pats were well in control of the game...there's a big big difference between being in control and making it impossible for the other team to win i.e. being up 21 points in the 4th is still a feasible feat to overcome however unlikely the colts weren't coming back that day the Patriots D simply had Manning's number

Florio brought it up.  Babe asked me to provide proof, so I found it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It's the same kind of call, the situation is nothing similar though NOT AT ALL! Do you think it was a good call? Would it have been PI in the 3rd quarter? I think regardless of PI it was a penalty at literally any other point in the game 

BTW i'm not one to say the whole NFL is against the Patriots but what do you get out of defending that call other than troll points? I agreed with my Panther fan friend that Cannon's play on the DE was a bit dirty and probably should have been a penalty

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

SHut ...   idiot.    No excuse.  go away.  YOu're  being bludgeeoned and humiliated.  For good reason.   EVERYONE is in agreement except for the few haters and righteous idiots like Felger who are trying to act so virtuous that play was not there.  Irrelevant.  The play was IMPEDED from playing out properly....   That is the essence of INTERFERENCE.

Unless the ball is a scud going the other way or 10 feet overthrown.    Kuechley drove through Gronk with his body....!!!  NOT a ticky-tack hand check while both players are reacting together in your Pathetic comparison.

No one who has reviewed it (other than those with an agenda),  has said flag was not justified and that it was CLEARLY a penalty....   EVEN the NFL said "officials didn't have the benefit of replay"....  There you go... admit it since if they did have replay, they would have upheld the penalty perhaps.....???????   Except they didn't and he needed to dance around fabricating things like "simultaneous contact" where it didn't f'n exist...."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

^ Lying troll is obviously still butt sore from us humiliating his sex assaulting hero in that game. LMAO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

He will never stop complaining about the referees. How many threads has he posted in the last couple of days about this? 

I'm surprised he could even watch the game considering his trade show in Tampa did not start until night time. But there he was, right from the start in the game thread! Bwahaha

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

LEON HESS says: IT WASN"T A PENALTY. It wasn't the flag was picked up and the game ended on a bad ball grossly underthrown by the Golden Boy resulting in a game losing INT in the endzone.

Man how I love being right and writing that last sentence over and over again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA you have no argument for anything ever your team is generally terrible and has been for 50 years. 

Hey look Leon the buttfumble has it's own wikipedia page now : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble

Man i loved writing that last sentence!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts