Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......

I really wanted to see this kid in NE and I know somebody else (bredbru?) was really wanting him. Oh well hope that kid does well. P.S. Pete King is a tool on a CC type scale.

Jeff Fisher on starting cornerback Janoris Jenkins, the troubled kid from the April draft: "I have never seen that type of ability and instincts on a kid, and the ability to play right away at a high level level.'' ...

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz24BAigo00

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......

In Response to Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......:
    I really wanted to see this kid in NE and I know somebody else (bredbru?) was really wanting him. Oh well hope that kid does well. P.S. Pete King is a tool on a CC type scale. Jeff Fisher on starting cornerback Janoris Jenkins, the troubled kid from the April draft: "I have never seen that type of ability and instincts on a kid, and the ability to play right away at a high level level.'' ... Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz24BAigo00
    Posted by Quagmire3

I don't doubt he has ability; the question was about the emotional cost to take a player like that on the team. Already there have been issues surrounding the kid and his contract that show the Rams don't trust him. For me, the risk was too great to take him where the Rams got him; I hope he can straighten his life out and be a productive team guy.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A head coach praising a gamble, off-field problem child he drafted early? Wow, this kid must be special because that never happens

Sorry but sarcasm doesn't always come through on the net

I give it a year before he pulls a Cro and demands more money for child support

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wasn't this kid hugely overrated as prospect despite his off the field troubles? It's not like Fisher is a Rex Ryan type of loud mouth bragger...so maybe he is going to be something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I suppose the Patriots could have drafted him instead of Hightower.  I wouldn't, but we'll see how their careers go.

Fisher drafted Pacman Jones.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......:
    I suppose the Patriots could have drafted him instead of Hightower.  I wouldn't, but we'll see how their careers go. Fisher drafted Pacman Jones.
    Posted by shenanigan

I pretty sure Fisher praised Pacman too

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : I pretty sure Fisher praised Pacman too
    Posted by PatsEng

yeah and how did that work out for him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Way too early. Could be good, Could be Pacman redux....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Prediction:  He will have a skyrocket start to this, his rookie year...Then taper off into a near flatline as The Rams start losing under the slightest push of any other team happenings which unfold through a losing leason...Then in the offseason, he'll get arrested for something Absolutely IN-sane, like being in a car that has 200k's a'Bl0w or something mind-boggling like that.

Whether ya got dealt some bad circumstances or not somewhere or sometime prior, Jenkins has already set himself up for disaster in his apparently unaltered mindset going forward...  The "Diva" attitude (I do not have to listen to the Coaches of whatever team I'm on, and I can follow my own rules of actions & behavior + {Reporter: 'JJ, do you believe that you have anything to prove to anyone or any detractors of you?'} Answer: "I have NOTHING to prove to anyone")- Is just a tad too disturbingly over-the-top recognizable in it's air of entitlement & selfishly defined tailorings to 'HIS Rules', 'bit over-the-top in a man that has yet to play 1 single NFL Game and who got schooled on EVERY freak!ng play in the Senior Bowl, play after play after play after play, maaan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : yeah and how did that work out for him?
    Posted by natesubs

Not to well, that was my point. Fisher can praise all he wants about Jenkins but what coach wouldn't praise an early round pick that they chose with questionable off-field concerns

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : Not to well, that was my point. Fisher can praise all he wants about Jenkins but what coach wouldn't praise an early round pick that they chose with questionable off-field concerns
    Posted by PatsEng

Look, now you're just being sarcastic, so now I don't WhatTF, you''re attempting to coyly insinuate with this latest post right here...?!? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I suppose the Patriots could have drafted him instead of Hightower.  I wouldn't, but we'll see how their careers go. Fisher drafted Pacman Jones.
    Posted by shenanigan

nah, get both and trade up in 2nbd for me.
    1 star at a critical position is batter than 3 or 4 jags for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Wasn't this kid hugely overrated as prospect despite his off the field troubles? It's not like Fisher is a Rex Ryan type of loud mouth bragger...so maybe he is going to be something?
    Posted by mthurl

i often see things similarly to you, but on jj being overrated, i disagree. he was the best cover cb coming out.

question of course was his off the field.

we'llsee what happens.

back on our front, devin has to get back to 2010 formn

dowiling needs to improve adn get back with the first team and in the ofdfseason we gotta get a STARTING cb in my opinon to go with a starting tackle and a future wilfork.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......:
    I really wanted to see this kid in NE and I know somebody else (bredbru?) was really wanting him. Oh well hope that kid does well. P.S. Pete King is a tool on a CC type scale. Jeff Fisher on starting cornerback Janoris Jenkins, the troubled kid from the April draft: "I have never seen that type of ability and instincts on a kid, and the ability to play right away at a high level level.'' ... Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz24BAigo00
    Posted by Quagmire3

thanks for posting the subject

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......":
    In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : nah, get both and trade up in 2nbd for me. 1 star at a critical position is batter than 3 or 4 jags for me. Posted by bredbru
    And somebody is gonna trade with you? Why not trade up for Luck too. Pats used their chips to move up in the 1st twice, there were no chips left, choices have to be made.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......": And somebody is gonna trade with you? Why not trade up for Luck too. Pats used their chips to move up in the 1st twice, there were no chips left, choices have to be made.
    Posted by shenanigan

hey man, easy.
     we also dont know that the didnt try.
    i would like to include it in MY draft strategy. like fantasy football.
    do you visit the draft thread. we spend hundreds of hours with conjecture and ideas and opinions there, without questioning why someone gives their thoughts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : OHH! In my opinion, and thats the only one that counts because I am a pro evaluator- Janoris Jenkins is the greatest player on earth Dowling sucks McCourty sucks and I would use our first round picks for the next century on a starting CB,LT, and one of Wilforks children! So I totally disagree with you although I normally am so agreeable Watch out if you challenge me, I will question your sanity!
    Posted by inbredbru

part timer, hardly knew you.
    you dont do a good impression of me or the facts.
    get some help it will do better for you in the end than taking up false identitiess and spreading your internal pain around the board. no one called you insane. you just need a little couonseling. i know you have ill will in your heart, but be well anyway ok.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : I don't doubt he has ability; the question was about the emotional cost to take a player like that on the team. Already there have been issues surrounding the kid and his contract that show the Rams don't trust him. For me, the risk was too great to take him where the Rams got him; I hope he can straighten his life out and be a productive team guy.  
    Posted by NYC

Agreed.

The risk of taking Jenkins with the 39th overall pick was too great for a team like the Rams to take on. Their QB, Sam Bradford, is getting killed in the pre-season, just like he did during the 2011 season...and just like he will this season. Rams should have gone OL at 39, with RT/OG Cordy Glenn. Leave a risk like Jenkins to a later pick, and/or to a team that can afford to take a risk on a player with his character concerns, such as the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Giants, or Ravens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......":
    In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... : hey man, easy.  we also dont know that the didnt try. i would like to include it in MY draft strategy. like fantasy football. do you visit the draft thread. we spend hundreds of hours with conjecture and ideas and opinions there, without questioning why someone gives their thoughts. Posted by bredbru
    Yes, I visit the draft threads. It's just kind of a pet peeve of mine when people use hindsight to criticize the draft. Yes, you wanted Jenkins and if he turns out great than props to you. But before the draft you wanted him in the first and would be willing too trade up. Now that the draft is over and we know where everyone got picked coming in and saying you would have maneuvered to pick the players you want just before they were picked and criticizing the draft is just hindsight. BB, and you had no idea if Jenkins would go on the 1st or the 4th round. It seems just as likely to me that if you were the GM you would have traded your first two picks to move up and get Jenkins and the team wouldn't have gotten Jones or Hightower. In hindsight we know if that trade was made it would've been a huge waste since Jenkins would've been available. In contrast, at the time we didn't know Jenkins would be gone by the 48th pick. If BB knew he would be picked at 36 maybe he moves to 35 but coming in and using hindsight to say you would move around the board to get all the best players just before they're picked is silly because during the draft GMs don't know when these guys will get picked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins...... :      Agreed.      The risk of taking Jenkins with the 39th overall pick was too great for a team like the Rams to take on. Their QB, Sam Bradford, is getting killed in the pre-season, just like he did during the 2011 season...and just like he will this season. Rams should have gone OL at 39, with RT/OG Cordy Glenn. Leave a risk like Jenkins to a later pick, and/or to a team that can afford to take a risk on a player with his character concerns, such as the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Giants, or Ravens.
    Posted by TexasPat

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to "Re: Jeff Fisher on Rookie CB Janoris Jenkins......": Yes, I visit the draft threads. It's just kind of a pet peeve of mine when people use hindsight to criticize the draft. Yes, you wanted Jenkins and if he turns out great than props to you. But before the draft you wanted him in the first and would be willing too trade up. Now that the draft is over and we know where everyone got picked coming in and saying you would have maneuvered to pick the players you want just before they were picked and criticizing the draft is just hindsight. BB, and you had no idea if Jenkins would go on the 1st or the 4th round. It seems just as likely to me that if you were the GM you would have traded your first two picks to move up and get Jenkins and the team wouldn't have gotten Jones or Hightower. In hindsight we know if that trade was made it would've been a huge waste since Jenkins would've been available. In contrast, at the time we didn't know Jenkins would be gone by the 48th pick. If BB knew he would be picked at 36 maybe he moves to 35 but coming in and using hindsight to say you would move around the board to get all the best players just before they're picked is silly because during the draft GMs don't know when these guys will get picked.
    Posted by shenanigan

i think you made a point and oversimplified my thinking as well.
    i wold love to have him (and finnegan)
    as the draft unfolds and bb gets his 2 players and obviosly jj is still on the board, i would like to make a call to inquire. we dont know if bb did. likely fisher wasnt gonna trade that pick anyway as he wanted jj.
    re the draft
    bb was masterful (wilson pick, i'll reserve my comment) 
    if bequette, dennard and ebner become solid above jag contributors ill be ecstatic. 
    go a little easy.
    we all could jump each other all day and make the board nothing but that.
    out

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Never really cared for Fisher, as a person or a coach.  Wouldn't care about his opinion either.  Watch as the Rams do............. nothing much.  

Sections
Shortcuts