Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey

HAHAH, check this out:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DN&Dato=20091020&Kategori=SPORTS01&Lopenr=910200807&Ref=PH&Profile=1027&SectionCat=Jeff%20Fisher%20dons%20Peyton%20Manning%20jersey

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey

In Response to Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey:

I guess that's why his team is laying down and handing the Colts the division on a silver platter...

Or it's Sam Bradford...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Coming off what just happened to his team in Foxboro, I don't believe that Titans' owner Bud Addams, nor the Tennessee fans, will see much humour in Fisher saying that he wore the Peyton jersey because "he wanted to feel like a winner".  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Hell if I had Kerry Collins and Vince Young as my QB's I'd probably wear a Manning jersey too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFANFRMINDIA. Show PATFANFRMINDIA's posts

Tom Brady (3SB) is a bigger winner then Peyton Manning (1SB when they they did not pass through PATS)... Fisher would have got more respect if he wore Tom's jersey

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

if i was a Titans fan and saw that, i'd want him out of there so fast.  wearing a division rival's QB jersey?  ridiculous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey:
         Coming off what just happened to his team in Foxboro, I don't believe that Titans' owner Bud Addams, nor the Tennessee fans, will see much humour in Fisher saying that he wore the Peyton jersey because "he wanted to feel like a winner".  
    Posted by TexasPat3

No, I think there was a typo there.

Fisher meant to say "he wanted to feel like a wiener".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Fisher owed this to Dungy.  They are friends and Dungy and the Colts laid down in the last game of 2007 allowing the Titans to win and make the playoffs, eliminating Cleveland.  It made sense for Dungy to play his backups in that game but having your offense take a knee when you still have an opportunity to win to help out your friend is cheating.  A total lack of integrity by Dungy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I thought it was pretty funny. 

It would be like Tony Dungy wearing a Tom Brady jersey.. if that happened, then everyone who thinks what Fisher did was ridiculous would find Dungy to be of great humor. 

Considering the beating his team took and that it was for Tony Dungy, I find it as a good move.  Shows he's not still worrying about the beating he took and that he can still have a good sense of humor and a good attitude in tough times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The only issue I have with it is the timing of it. If he did this at this point last year, that'd be one thing because surely, the fans would find some solace in how the team's playing. Instead, you lose 59-0, your owner goes public with his displeasure and a few days later you pull this stunt. He probably knows he's a dead duck so he's going out with a bang.

I also don't get what he "owed" to Dungy in the form of wearing Peyton's jersey. If you owe Dungy, write a check, donate your time, or contribute some other way. Wearing a division rival's jersey, especially one that's manhandled you your entire tenure with Tennessee, is a bit classless.

The fans shouldn't take it so seriously but at the same time, they pay absurd amounts of money to show up and still cheer this team on. To basically come out and say "hey, at least I can walk up wearing a winner's jersey why you still show up in your lame Vince Young jerseys" would rub any fan the wrong way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

if i was a Titans fan and saw that, i'd want him out of there so fast.  wearing a division rival's QB jersey?  ridiculous.
    Posted by Mike-J-D

I would suspect that Titans' fan might just be an endangered species right about now -- but those that are left (if indeed, there are any) will likely have this wish granted right around Christmas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Fisher isn't going anywhere.  There's no way he can undo all the good he's brought to that franchise in half a year, right after a 13-3 season. 

They'll give him time, but if he does it two years in a row then it's time for them to think about making a coaching change.  Expect them to be very active in free agency this year, along with getting a high draft pick and spending it on a QB (Bradford or Locker).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Fisher owed this to Dungy.  They are friends and Dungy and the Colts laid down in the last game of 2007 allowing the Titans to win and make the playoffs, eliminating Cleveland.  It made sense for Dungy to play his backups in that game but having your offense take a knee when you still have an opportunity to win to help out your friend is cheating.  A total lack of integrity by Dungy.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

bostate,

If you are going to accuse, you should at least have your facts straight.  Indy did not take a knee at the end of that game.  Now, do you still want to claim that the colts cheated and that Dungy has no integrity?  Did you write this so that you could justify your support for your cheating coach's lack of integrity? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey : bostate, If you are going to accuse, you should at least have your facts straight.  Indy did not take a knee at the end of that game.  Now, do you still want to claim that the colts cheated and that Dungy has no integrity?  Did you write this so that you could justify your support for your cheating coach's lack of integrity?     
    Posted by underdogg

Actually, they just walked off the field and let time expire.  Browns fans were outraged.  This thread is not about "my" coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey : bostate, If you are going to accuse, you should at least have your facts straight.  Indy did not take a knee at the end of that game.  Now, do you still want to claim that the colts cheated and that Dungy has no integrity?  Did you write this so that you could justify your support for your cheating coach's lack of integrity?     
    Posted by underdogg

Somebody touched a nerve :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Here is a Cleveland Blog:

Colts Got What They Deserved

Posted by disappointmentzone on 14 January 2008

So the Colts lost yesterday to huge underdog San Diego. These are the same Colts who were coming off a bye week and had sparingly played their starters two weeks prior in their final game against the Titans. That’s roughly a three week break heading into the playoffs. The team yesterday looked rusty, to say the least — receivers dropping passes that turned into interceptions, the league’s best scoring defense giving up a lot of points, including a huge drive at the end of the game by a backup.

The Cowboys, also huge favorites at home, lost as well, this time to the Giants. The Cowboys did not play their starters in week 17. Like the Colts their first stringers were operating on essentially a three week lay off, coming off the bye last week. The Cowboys lost to the Giants, who played all their starters in a week 17 tilt against the Patriots — who, it should be noted, played all their starters as well in that game, and then beat the hot Jaguars on Saturday.

Meanwhile the Packers, who played their starters for almost the entire game in week 17, blew the Seahawks out of the water.

So of the top four seeds the two that played competitive football throughout the entire season, particularly heading into the playoffs, won their two games. The other two teams lost at home to road underdogs after benching their starters in the final week of the season. For the Colts, this is the second time in three years this has happened.

As a Browns fan it was particularly sweet to see the Colts lose. They made no attempt to beat the Titans in week 17. None whatsoever. They mailed it in. The league apparently had no problem with what transpired in the waining minutes of the game, when the Colts and Titans basically agreed to not play the final snap of the game, which clearly came as a welcomed gift to the Titans. It may as well have come in a velvet box with a lovely note penned by Mr. Dungy himself.

If you don’t try to win you may as well lose. The integrity of the game took a sever blow in week 17 — amazingly no one in the media, as far as I can tell, has made any attempt to further investigate this — and seeing the Colts get their comeuppance was wonderful.

http://disappointmentzone.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/colts-got-what-they-deserved/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey : Actually, they just walked off the field and let time expire.  Browns fans were outraged.  This thread is not about "my" coach.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

While on defense??

Geez, man.  Go look it up so you have it right.  Look up the play by play or even the conspiracy so that you can argue it correctly.  When you do, then we can talk intelligently about whether or not you do have an arguement. 

By the way, were Browns fans more outraged about the fact that the colts could care less about the outcome of the titans game or that Browns owned the same control the week before and could not close the deal vs. the hapless Bungles?  More importantly, what should Browns fans be more outraged about?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Colts were on offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bostate - re: your blog entry.  It's sour grapes.  It's an upset fan who conveniently forgot (wink wink) about his own team controlling its own destiny and not taking advantage of it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Colts were on offense.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

Wrong O keeb.  They were on Defense.  Again, I recommend you look it up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Not trying to win is cheating in my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Not trying to win is cheating in my opinion.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

So would you define that as not playing your starters?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think they're tanking for the #1 overall pick

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by underdogg

WOW Unda

There is the manning love slave side of you again......careful baby, you are showing your true colors now. Not the brilliant statistician you always try to come off as.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

billy - there should be no question where my loyalty lies.  I am a homer just like you.  It simply happens to be for another team.  Did you not care for how your own objective logic worked out?

Sections
Shortcuts