Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey

In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey : No that's fine now, but the wording of the post indicated that you did.  I simply responded to that.  When you said that you didn't have a problem with it, I showed you why I responded the way I did. As for whether or not Dungy was trying to win, if Dungy (or any other coach for that matter) was trying to win, they would have played his starters.  It is really that simple.  So if not trying to win is your problem, then there are plenty of instances where other coaches (including belichick) sat their starers in meaningless games. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Only your inferrence indicated that I had a problem with Dungy not using his starters. The word "just" was meant to be dismissive not inclusive.  

As I have said, three times previously (this is the fourth* time) it is not about not playing your starters.  It is about letting time run out when you have timeouts left and are within one score and could get the ball back (I don't think BB has done that one!).

It smells bad when everyone knows that the other coach is your pal and losing to him under those circumstances gets him into the playoffs. 

*If I have counted incorrectly be sure to make that the subject of your next post to take the focus off of Dungy's cheating. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

bostate, I'm not hung up on what you said, and I get it.  I was simply trying to explain myself. 

I get that you would like to believe that Dungy cheated.  I see it differently and have provided very logical reasoning for my perspective. 

It is your preogative to believe what you want, but it is important for you to know that their is a very reasonable explanation for the situation and that the league looked into it and took no action.  

There really isn't anymore to say.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

You have hit the sore spot of Dogg and the sanctimonious hypocricy attached to his team.  The collusion was reported  to the media by the backup quarterback of the Titans who appear to be a realiable source, yet the commissioner who was so appalled by the filming by one team that he was not an ex-employee of to penalize them an unprecedented first round draft pick did not think the report of collusion warranted an investigation. I guess it didn't mean anything that the the coaches of the two teams and the GM of the losing team were on the competition committee of the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Good to see you flasox.  Specifically, this subject would not be whole without you.

By the way, I don't think Dungy was ever on the competition committee, but I would never ask you to let something like facts get in the way of your thoughts. 

Good to hear from you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Hi Dogg. Dungy was the chairman of the Competition Committee Coaches Subcommittee which I would conclude was somehow related to the Competition Committee despite your denial. Just google it. You also might find some interesting stories about the behavior of your GM and QB which present them as less than model citizens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yep he was on the coaches committee, but the competition committee has a group all its own. 

I know they have had some unsavory moments.  Haven't we all?  but Belichick wouldn't be the appropriate example if they were trying better themselves.  know what I mean?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Good to see you flasox.  Specifically, this subject would not be whole without you. By the way, I don't think Dungy was ever on the competition committee, but I would never ask you to let something like facts get in the way of your thoughts.  Good to hear from you.

While Dungy was on the Coaches Subcommittee, Fisher doesn't really seem to make that distinction:

"Let me just say, I knew he wasn't going to use it. Tony and I were on the competition committee for a long time," Fisher said, the newspaper reported.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Yep he was on the coaches committee, but the competition committee has a group all its own.  I know they have had some unsavory moments.  Haven't we all?  but Belichick wouldn't be the appropriate example if they were trying better themselves.  know what I mean?

I don't think that is true. I can't get a complete history, but there are snippets of how they work and meet. The coaches subcommittee is a group of coaches who report to the Competition Committee. They both meet together several times during the year.  They are not separate entities with separate goals as it seems you are trying to imply.

But, in the histories I have been reading, Dungy has been placed on the Competition Committee vice the Coaches Subcommittee as late as 2004. So, from what I am reading, Dungy has been on both the CC and the CSC with an active role in affecting the definition of the NFL rules.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Here is the best description I can find of the group dynamics of the CC:

After each season, the Competition Committee reviews all of the competitive aspects of the game and of the preceding season in preparing its report and recommendations to the membership at the NFL’s Annual Meeting each March. This process includes discussions with the coaches subcommittee of the Competition Committee; an in-depth meeting with a representative group of coaches from each division held at the annual Scouting Combine in February; and then the Competition Committee’s in-depth meeting in early March. The process also often includes a survey of the clubs with respect to key playing rules issues, officiating, and other football competition matters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Yep he was on the coaches committee, but the competition committee has a group all its own.  I know they have had some unsavory moments.  Haven't we all?  but Belichick wouldn't be the appropriate example if they were trying better themselves.  know what I mean?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]At least Belichick isn't a sanctimonious hypocrite criticizing the behavior of others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Bad timing, bad move on the shirt, but worst move on the winners comment.

What was he thinking??????

and I like Fisher

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Fisher Wearing a Peyton Manning Jersey : At least Belichick isn't a sanctimonious hypocrite criticizing the behavior of others.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

There is that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]bostate, I'm not hung up on what you said, and I get it.  I was simply trying to explain myself.  I get that you would like to believe that Dungy cheated.  I see it differently and have provided very logical reasoning for my perspective.  It is your preogative to believe what you want, but it is important for you to know that their is a very reasonable explanation for the situation and that the league looked into it and took no action.   There really isn't anymore to say.

Udogg, the article supplied by enochroot speaks for itself.  That's cheating.  Therefore Dungy is a cheat. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

What is cheating?  Please explain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]What is cheating?  Please explain.

Udogg, the article supplied by enochroot speaks for itself.  That's cheating.  Therefore Dungy is a cheat. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Who cares, Peyton Manning probably wears a Tom Brady jersey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares, Peyton Manning probably wears a Tom Brady jersey.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]At least that is an improvement over what he was wearing when he was a sexual harrasser in college.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

[QUOTE]if i was a Titans fan and saw that, i'd want him out of there so fast.  wearing a division rival's QB jersey?  ridiculous.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]
    I agree.  If I saw Francona wearing a Jeter jersey and making a lame joke about wanting to feel like a winner, I would want him gone.  It's a slap in the face to his team and the fans and I can't see any way that they would think this is funny.