Jeff Reed Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Jeff Reed Cut

A little surprising, he's been a good kicker for them for several years.  I know he's had some issues this year, but I wonder if he'd be an improvement over Graham? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Jeff Reed Cut

i think we should claim him.. if he can kick in that dumpster of a field he should be able to kick on our

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I disagree.

I think he stinks and uses that windy stadium as an excuse.  Plays on a high profile team and was an upgrade over the awful Brown there before hime, but I never thought he was good.

Pretty boy kicker.

Even the kick he missed, he simply fat footed it.

So far this year, NE has caused two immediate firings:

1. The Miami STs coach
    2. Jeff Reed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i wouldnt say the patriots caused his reeds firings but i will add a 3rd

3. randy moss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I know. I was half kidding.  But, Reed has been average for years.  Graham will be ok.  He's just out of rhythm and rusty.

Besides, Matt Stover or Suisham aren't upgrades.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Reed Cut:
    I know. I was half kidding.  But, Reed has been average for years.  Graham will be ok.  He's just out of rhythm and rusty. Besides, Matt Stover or Suisham aren't upgrades.
    Posted by BBReigns

No...you're Rusty...LOL!! Reed has been a much better than "average" kicker, over the years. He's kicked in bad weather throughout his career, and has a wealth of big game experience: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4399 

Has Reed been available before the Pats signed Graham, my guess is that BB would have opted for Reed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

saw it coming, thing is did they add someone better? No

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's the story on why long time kicker Jeff Reed got the boot out of  Pittsburgh: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2010/november/16/bires-reeds-attitude-worse-than-his-kicking.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Kickers are kind of like the Wonderful One-Hoss Shay (if you know that one).

When they go, they tend to go all at once without any warning.

I do find it interesting, however, that talking heads are always going on about the particular difficulty of kicking field goals at Heinz Field . . .   and yet, when an actual kicker brings up what has come to be considered accepted wisdom, he's "making excuses."

Oh well . . . 

Anything that's bad news for Bitchburgh is good news for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Reed Cut :      No...you're Rusty...LOL!! Reed has been a much better than "average" kicker, over the years. He's kicked in bad weather throughout his career, and has a wealth of big game experience: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4399        Has Reed been available before the Pats signed Graham, my guess is that BB would have opted for Reed.
    Posted by TexasPat3

No, he's been average.  He struggles at his own stadium and then blames it on the wind.

Reminds me of Vanderjaght who would go to Pro Bowls ever year and then when it counted, he'd miss kicks in less than perfect conditions.

Reed has been horrible this year in particular.

You're a troll. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Reed Cut : No, he's been average.  He struggles at his own stadium and then blames it on the wind.

RESPONSE: No. He's been average or less this season...but has been a clutch big game kicker prior to 2010. See the article I've posted above.

Reminds me of Vanderjaght who would go to Pro Bowls ever year and then when it counted, he'd miss kicks in less than perfect conditions.

RESPONSE: Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.

Reed has been horrible this year in particular. You're a troll.

RESPONSE: Reed has been horrible this season, only. As for me being a troll, that's high praise, coming from you. 
    Posted by BBReigns

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Let him sit at home.  If he was folding under pressure a couple of weeks ago he'll fold next week too.  Better a weak-legged guy who can make field goals.

And I didn't even talk about his terrible Moss-mouth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Reed Cut : No, he's been average.  He struggles at his own stadium and then blames it on the wind. Reminds me of Vanderjaght who would go to Pro Bowls ever year and then when it counted, he'd miss kicks in less than perfect conditions. Reed has been horrible this year in particular. You're a troll. 
    Posted by BBReigns

Before this season jeff reed was in the top ten in nfl history for accuracy.  I would say that is a little bit more than average plus he has had many game winning kicks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Reed Cut : Before this season jeff reed was in the top ten in nfl history for accuracy.  I would say that is a little bit more than average plus he has had many game winning kicks.
    Posted by celtsfan4ever

Like I said, reminds me of Vanderjaght.    Overrated. When you need a kick, he doesn't deliver.

I believe Nate Kaeding is highly rated, too. In the regular season.

Many high scoring teams feature stat padding kickers.    It's just the way it is.

Sections
Shortcuts