Jeff Saturday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Jeff Saturday

Anyone know why we didnt pick up Jeff Saturday?  Are we not weak at the Center position, and isnt he one of the best centers in the game, and didnt I see him and Kraft hugging it out on National Television a year ago?

Was he to expensive?  To old?  Both?  Do we really not need a center and im just senial?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Jeff Saturday

I believe GB filled his pockets with cash. He said... "Nice knowing you Peyton" on the way to the airport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think it is believed Saturday's days of playing at a high level are done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I was hoping for him, but...

Value and need dictate
    Our Oline was not the reason we
    lost the SB this time

we have done well so far in FA
    and i suspect we will pick up
    a center /guard value soon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm inclined to agree that Saturday may not be the guy underdogg(gggg) might have you believe, and I was more than a little surprised that he didn't magically pop up in Denver, but the bottom line is that a very good team was willing to overpay for him.

Who's going to turn their nose up at that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would of prefered Saturday to Gallery with Connelly backing up both G's and C.
    Saturday was not his usual level last year, but Gallery (injured) had a very poor year, and had lost his starting position in Seatle.
    I find it also interesting that in spite of Saturdays not usual season, he was signed, while a healthy (supposedly) Koppen is still available
    Pats need to get bigger at the C position in order to better establish the run game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Jeff Faine is still available at the center position. He's fairly young (Just turned 30 i think) and could probably be had on a low cost two year contract. He could be the starter at C and we could draft a center in the lower rounds in the upcoming draft with connolly being the backup at the guard and center position until said drafted C is ready to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I like J.Faine. I had on my list of value players still available.

Only guys not signed yet are ones working out their longterm deals or guys who can be had at 1 to 2 year contracts.

We should be able to get Faine at a decent price if he is on the radar.

Knowing Bill tho', he has his eyes on a cheaper option somewhere late in the draft. This is why he will trade down because we have no pics after rd 4 I believe.

He will move back and pick up a 5th or 6th and get a good, under the radar center from a good program. Let him work his way into the position.

Sections
Shortcuts