Jenkins Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Jenkins Released

Zuri Berry @zuriberry
    According to Adam Schefter, the Patriots released WR Michael Jenkins. Not a big surprise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Jenkins Released

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Zuri Berry @zuriberry
    According to Adam Schefter, the Patriots released WR Michael Jenkins. Not a big surprise.

agree, not a big surprise. was unimpressed with the signing to begin with, even though some were giddy...

I think the Vollmer, Talib and Kelly signings make the free agent period a success for the Pats...kudos to BB for playing it correctly with regards to $$$ on all 3...

IMO jury still out on Arrington and AWilson...I like Arrington, but he signed for a lot of $$$. I would like to see more of AWilson before I make up my mind

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

yeah, great news. BB & McD must be happy with the progress of all 3 rookies, plus Amendola and Edelman. Maybe Harrison is ready to start practicing too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I see it as good news because he was a very safe security blanket choice at WR.  Means Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins are coming along very well and even a guy like Edelman is healthy and on pace to help by Week 1.

I am sure MT Hurl and his miserable bashing bandits will come in and whine about another FA bust by BB and warn us of disastrous "dead money" as he/they simultaneously ignore other teams poor drafts and player development into a cap hell.

Cannot be made up.

agreed this is good news with regards to the young guys...

I think the bashing bandits would not agree. they would say if the 3 youngs guys took some time to come along, or were busts like every other WR chosen over the past 10 years other than Branch and Edelman, this offense might be an issue relying on a guy like Jenkins...

that being said, Mthurl is usually pretty good at elaborating his thoughts, so I wont speak further for him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

what took so long....

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

P.S. Nice job Ghost, I have not seen this on any new site yet. This is why I come here, for UTD Pats news and discussions and not all the constant trollish infighting.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thanks for Coming!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It was only a matter of time..I'm sure they told him he would be released half way through camp the second they signed him, shook his hand and said "welcome to the Patriots".

Rusty probably is on record as saying this guy was going to be the next Jerry Rice. Last year he told everyone the receiving core was the best this team ever had...in May. Truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I didn't think he would make the 53 man roster anyways.  I wasn't too happy with the signing in the first place.  But I would have at least liked to have seen what he could do in a pre season game.  But yeah,  means good things for the young guys.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

haha, got slammed when i said this MONTHS ago. he and edelman are BOTH goners. tb will hawe all newbis minus slater out there...

I'm on the fence with Edelman.  I think at the end of the day he sticks, just barely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This was pretty much writing on the wall for a guy who was a "holy cr@p we need someone to run routes" insurance policy. I called it when they drafted the kids a month after his signing.

He wasn't much coming in more than a vet flyer, and as soon as young competition came in, unless they really screwed the proverbial pooch on the picks, he would be expendable.

It is better than good ... it's fantastic news ... it means the rookies have surpassed BB's worst projections and are ready to contribute immediately at a higher level than a guy like Jenkins, who was not very good.

I'm really ready to put this WR "curse" to bed, as if 4 bad selections, two of them really gambled low picks, and two really FO mistakes of drafting KRs who might develop, makes a curse. Getting two or three (at least) starting caliber WRs in one draft bodes well, and should bookend nicely their last good WR haul when they added Branch and Givens in the same season.  

I'm really keen to see more of Dobson now, considering he will be the guy filling (basically) the role Jenkins was supposed to fill as the big bodied WR.

Also, classy move by BB to cut him so quick, this is treating a veteran well.

It's a sign of respect to let him go this early in camp. Now, at least he might be able to catch on somewhere. With his limited skills and a really tepid WR market, it's going to help. It gives someone else 4 weeks to really work him out and let him get his feet wet. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

haha, got slammed when i said this MONTHS ago. he and edelman are BOTH goners. tb will hawe all newbis minus slater out there...

I'm on the fence with Edelman.  I think at the end of the day he sticks, just barely.

[/QUOTE]

I'd put Edelman on cut-watch now, but he has added value as a punt returner first and backup slot. I think his two near fumbles in the last game doesn't help him, but he will always have that aspect helping him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

It was only a matter of time..I'm sure they told him he would be released half way through camp the second they signed him, shook his hand and said "welcome to the Patriots".

Rusty probably is on record as saying this guy was going to be the next Jerry Rice. Last year he told everyone the receiving core was the best this team ever had...in May. Truth.

Just a guess and it is only a guess because i don't know Jenkins make-up but perhaps BB wanted a veteran WR  available to show the rookies how to go about getting through the rigors of camp. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

Just a guess and it is only a guess because i don't know Jenkins make-up but perhaps BB wanted a veteran WR  available to show the rookies how to go about getting through the rigors of camp. 

[/QUOTE]

He always does this at every position. It's common practice around the league too. Vets bring that to a team in camp. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I alluded to this in the Edlman/slater thread. I think thats all it was, barring one of the pics just totally not getting it, than maybe there would have been a need and he may still be available and on speed dial during the season if/when they need a replacement due to injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would say so, the truth is Jenkins looked pretty good running/moving/catching in the drills I saw him in this year..polished receivers can do that stuff. I imagine our rookies learned a bit from that and will look even better next year. Edelman looked pretty smooth too. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Wow how are you all missing this.  They released Jenkins because the TO circus is coming to town!!!!  (thats my commie post impersination without the --- guess who's walking in that door)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

what took so long....

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

I think it took a good look at the rookies and they liked what they saw!! I did too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

[QUOTE]

what took so long....

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

I think it took a good look at the rookies and they liked what they saw!! I did too.

[/QUOTE]

+2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ZBell, Boyce can play the slot; and Leon Washington is our return guy, I guess, so why keep Edelman who is frequently injured every year?  I would rather carry 5 RB.  I like Brandon Bolden, and Blount looks interesting so far.  What say you?

[/QUOTE]

I'd put Edelman on cut-watch now, but he has added value as a punt returner first and backup slot. I think his two near fumbles in the last game doesn't help him, but he will always have that aspect helping him. 

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Wow how are you all missing this.  They released Jenkins because the TO circus is coming to town!!!!  (thats my commie post impersination without the --- guess who's walking in that door)

Lol!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

You forgot the random capitalized words!

In all seriousness though, this is actually great news. If he doesn't sign anywhere (which I'm sure he will), we will have a player who knows the system and can come in on an emergency. On top of that, as others have mentioned, it speaks volumes about the rookies and their progression. I honestly think this offense is going to come out and really surprise some people. I think it's going to be the most balanced offense this team has had in a while.

I watched the Eagles preseason game again tonight and Thompkins is going to be huge for this team. The defense should also be improved. I'm very excited right now haha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Umm, no.  You can't continue to lie about what I said and not be called on it, Cupcake. I fully realize your Home Ec itinerary is stressing you out for the month of August, but you won't win removing the few words I said to make it seem like I said something else.

I said, outside of 2007, on paper, 2012's WR group is the most talented group Brady has had. And, it was. Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Stallworth, Gaffney, Edelman.  The knowledge of the system and mixed skill sets with our TEs provided Brady with a goldmine of weaponry. 

You're too stupid to realize Brady wants WRs who know what to do. The problem is, Stallworth, Gaffney and Branch got old too quick.   So, what he wanted was compromised.

Brady got what Brady wanted last year in FA.  Yep. All the guys came back.  Brady lost.  We lost.

BB has had it. He had BRady in here in March instead of on a beach in Costa Rica with Welkie.

Kenbrell Thompkins an UDFA is looking good. See how it easy it is for Brady to get off that high horse and work hard again in the offseason?

OUCH.

Do you ever go back and read what you write?  Amazing it comes from a grown man who says he went to college.  Sounds more like a jaded school girl that never got asked out on a date.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Umm, I know what I wrote a year ago.  I also know Brandon Lloyd had 74 catches, Welker 100+, we had a 1200 yard rusher and players like Gronkowski on that field last year.

Brady best not choke in January again.  He best not. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz