Jenkins Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Jenkins Released

Pretty much concur that this is hardly a surprise but welcome news in that the rooks are progressing.  Actually anxious to see what the new wideout group can do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

It was only a matter of time..I'm sure they told him he would be released half way through camp the second they signed him, shook his hand and said "welcome to the Patriots".

Rusty probably is on record as saying this guy was going to be the next Jerry Rice. Last year he told everyone the receiving core was the best this team ever had...in May. Truth.

Umm, no.  You can't continue to lie about what I said and not be called on it, Cupcake. I fully realize your Home Ec itinerary is stressing you out for the month of August, but you won't win removing the few words I said to make it seem like I said something else.

I said, outside of 2007, on paper, 2012's WR group is the most talented group Brady has had. And, it was. Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Stallworth, Gaffney, Edelman.  The knowledge of the system and mixed skill sets with our TEs provided Brady with a goldmine of weaponry. 

You're too stupid to realize Brady wants WRs who know what to do. The problem is, Stallworth, Gaffney and Branch got old too quick.   So, what he wanted was compromised.

Brady got what Brady wanted last year in FA.  Yep. All the guys came back.  Brady lost.  We lost.

BB has had it. He had BRady in here in March instead of on a beach in Costa Rica with Welkie.

Kenbrell Thompkins an UDFA is looking good. See how it easy it is for Brady to get off that high horse and work hard again in the offseason?

OUCH.

Do you ever go back and read what you write?  Amazing it comes from a grown man who says he went to college.  Sounds more like a jaded school girl that never got asked out on a date.

If 2012 was the best WR group ever outside of 2007, why does BB say this years group is smarter, faster, more athletic, and of course more upside due to age?

I think in spite of the 74 catches, Lloyd was a product of this system, and the team was disappointed in his performance. Stall caught 1 pass, correct? Gaff was not on the team,correct? Lets not put down Branch, but he did have only 16 catches and was a non factor. 

So what looked good on paper in hindsight was actually a weak crop of WR's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

On a serious note was Brandon Llyod really that bad?  He hasn't signed anywhere has he?  I like the young guys too but dont think its the worst thing in the world to have a vetern on the team to help them out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It was only a matter of time..I'm sure they told him he would be released half way through camp the second they signed him, shook his hand and said "welcome to the Patriots".

Rusty probably is on record as saying this guy was going to be the next Jerry Rice. Last year he told everyone the receiving core was the best this team ever had...in May. Truth.

Umm, no.  You can't continue to lie about what I said and not be called on it, Cupcake. I fully realize your Home Ec itinerary is stressing you out for the month of August, but you won't win removing the few words I said to make it seem like I said something else.

I said, outside of 2007, on paper, 2012's WR group is the most talented group Brady has had. And, it was. Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Stallworth, Gaffney, Edelman.  The knowledge of the system and mixed skill sets with our TEs provided Brady with a goldmine of weaponry. 

You're too stupid to realize Brady wants WRs who know what to do. The problem is, Stallworth, Gaffney and Branch got old too quick.   So, what he wanted was compromised.

Brady got what Brady wanted last year in FA.  Yep. All the guys came back.  Brady lost.  We lost.

BB has had it. He had BRady in here in March instead of on a beach in Costa Rica with Welkie.

Kenbrell Thompkins an UDFA is looking good. See how it easy it is for Brady to get off that high horse and work hard again in the offseason?

OUCH.

Do you ever go back and read what you write?  Amazing it comes from a grown man who says he went to college.  Sounds more like a jaded school girl that never got asked out on a date.

If 2012 was the best WR group ever outside of 2012, why does BB say this years group is smarter, faster, more athletic, and of course more upside due to age?

I think in spite of the 74 catches, Lloyd was a product of this system, and the team was disappointed in his performance. Stall caught 1 pass, correct? Gaff was not on the team,correct? Lets not put down Branch, but he did have only 16 catches and was a non factor. 

What?  2012 outside of 2012? Are you drunk or still looking for that IQ, Mr MBA?

I said 2012's on paper, outside of 2007's, was the most talented Brady had. Yes!  It was!

Lloyd as Brady's 4th passing option behind Welker, Gronk and Hernandez (he was essentially a WR in our offense), with Branch his little original binky that was reacquired to appease Brady, had 74 grabs, 4 TDs and almost 1000 yards.

Show me a 4th target for a QB that has that production in 2012. You can't.

In fact, the targets for Brady were so rich last year, they cut Gaffney and Stallworth fairly early in camp. Edelman had the best camp out of any WR, too. Fact/that is what was reported.

So.....A 1000 yard rusher in Ridley, Woodhead doing his thing, plenty of passing options, etc, but if you aren't establishing a run, stretching the field won't ever come.

We'll see how consistent this year's WRs are, but having a load of talented system guys in here last summer was not by accident either.

The difference is, those guys are older and it became apparent, they needed to get younger at the position.

That is a typo, I meant to say 2007.

I am of the opinion if Lloyd was resigned instead of Jenkins, based on what we have seen at camp, he would have been cut. Ditto Branch.

Brady threw the ball over 600 times. Lloyds recpt total did not reflect his talent. I will stand by my statement, the PAts were very disappointed in Lloyd last year, regardless of how many balls he caught. The Pats operated last year with 3 WR's (Wes, Lloyd, Edelman or Branch)as Edelman missed half the season, as did Branch. Gaffney and Stall(1 catch) were not even on the team.  

Gronk and Hern are not WR's...in hindsight, last years group of WR's were very lacking talent and production.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

OUCH.

If 2012 was the best WR group ever outside of 2012, why does BB say this years group is smarter, faster, more athletic, and of course more upside due to age?

What?  2012 outside of 2012? Are you drunk or still looking for that IQ, Mr MBA?

I said 2012's on paper, outside of 2007's, was the most talented Brady had. Yes!  It was!

Lloyd as Brady's 4th passing option behind Welker, Gronk and Hernandez (he was essentially a WR in our offense), with Branch his little original binky that was reacquired to appease Brady, had 74 grabs, 4 TDs and almost 1000 yards.

Show me a 4th target for a QB that has that production in 2012. You can't.

In fact, the targets for Brady were so rich last year, they cut Gaffney and Stallworth fairly early in camp. Edelman had the best camp out of any WR, too. Fact/that is what was reported.

So.....A 1000 yard rusher in Ridley, Woodhead doing his thing, plenty of passing options, etc, but if you aren't establishing a run, stretching the field won't ever come.

We'll see how consistent this year's WRs are, but having a load of talented system guys in here last summer was not by accident either.

The difference is, those guys are older and it became apparent, they needed to get younger at the position.

That is a typo, I meant to say 2007.

I am of the opinion if Lloyd was resigned instead of Jenkins, based on what we have seen at camp, he would have been cut. Ditto Branch.

Brady threw the ball over 600 times. Lloyds recpt total did not reflect his talent. I will stand by my statement, the PAts were very disappointed in Lloyd last year, regardless of how many balls he caught. The Pats operated last year with 3 WR's (Wes, Lloyd, Edelman or Branch)as Edelman missed half the season, as did Branch. Gaffney and Stall(1 catch) were not even on the team.  

Gronk and Hern are not WR's...in hindsight, last years group of WR's were very lacking talent and production.   

Yes, but Lloyd was Brady's 4th preference.  Gronk and Welker were beasts. That meant left overs for Hernandez. With hern down for about 6-7 weeks, Lloyd was the 3rd or even 4th option for Brady with Branch and Edelman out there as well.

If the discussion is getting a stronger Z position for Brady, then I agree it was needed as Branch's knee started to become a problem, not to mention a lack of size. But, we won 3 SBs with dwarves as WRs.

Brady has never been a huge perimeter targeting QB anyway. At times he has, but it really only was there in 2005, 2006 and 2007 when the shotgun spread McDaniels base evolved more and more.

The discussion is about his targets, whether it be TEs and WRs, not just WRs. There is no way on earth BB can have the two best TEs in the NFL, the best slot WR and the best perimeter WRs in the league all at once on the field. This isn't a video game.

Going into last year, Brady had PLENTY to work with, RKrap. PLENTY.

I never said he did not have plenty. I did say I diagree with your statement on how strong the WR group was in 2012. Gronk and Hern were not WR's...the Pats operated with 3 WR's the entire year, and Lloyd was a disappointment regardless of his total rcpts. Edelman looked like a very good option prior to injury. Branch was a non entity the entire year.

You also cited Stall and Gaff as part of the "strngth"...but they did not play.

Sections
Shortcuts