Jennings rejected NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Jennings rejected NE?

Schefter is now saying an offer was never made to Jennings. Hmm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Jennings mouthed off towards NE back in 2010. I never got the impression he is Patriots material.  He was lobbying for Miami or Minny the whole time and it was to drive price and to use the Packers.

He waited, waited and waited and finally got his price.

I do not want players like that on this team.  Minnesota just overpaid for a guy who is more interested in the biggest contract, not caring where he plays. 

Ponder could lose his job to Cassel and Jennings is apparently not interested in winning a ring.

translation: when pats don't get a player then that player is automaticallyselfish, overrated, not worth it, loud mouthed, lacks character, doesn't want to win, etc...and whatever team did sign him overpaid, were duped, destroyed their cap, have 47 holes to fill, will never win with him, etc...

i miss anything?

yup that you are a total azz/hole, dick/head, POS, jerk...I miss anything

shouldn't you be out running over small animals or something?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

jints, you are right that not in all cases do players only not choose new england as a destination for more money, and not all the times are they mistakes....but you have to be some kind of dumb to believe jennings chose to sign with minny because he believes they can win a super bowl. i mean, AP is great and all, but as long as christian ponder is their qb, they arent winning anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

jints, you are right that not in all cases do players only not choose new england as a destination for more money, and not all the times are they mistakes....but you have to be some kind of dumb to believe jennings chose to sign with minny because he believes they can win a super bowl. i mean, AP is great and all, but as long as christian ponder is their qb, they arent winning anything.

never brought up jennings

and yes they have a lot of talent in MN but unless they upgrade significantly at QB it won't matter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Football is a game for the fans, it is a business for those involved.

I'm sure many of you have taken job offers in a different company because you thought it was the best decision for your family.

Also, it's more natural for a person to go somewhere where they feel more wanted. I don't know what GB's pitch was, but Minn did more to convince Jennings than NE (from what I know)

Rusty seems to have trouble understading that these guys don't play for free and that this is how they make money for their families. Easier for you as a fan to tell a player to take less money for the "chance at a ring".

Football is a violent sport...Here's a scenario for you!:

Player A has two offers: 2 years, 5 million guaranteed and 4 years and 15 million guaranteed. First offer is from a winning team and the second is from a losing team.

Player A accepts the lesser deal for the best opportunity at a ring. Player A has a serious injury and his career is over. Player A now only has 5 million in the bag, no other skills to acquire a good paying job, and maybe a lot of medical expenses to cover for his injury. Oh, and Player A didn't win the ring because no place can guarantee you a ring.

It's unfortunate, but plenty of these NFL players don't have a great backup plan. Listen to a guy like Chris Johnson speak, do you think he could land himself a high paying job that isn't involved in athletics? You shouldn't condemn a player for going after the money. It's so easy to lose everything on one play (Johnny Knox for example) and these contracts aren't guaranteed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Football is a game for the fans, it is a business for those involved.

I'm sure many of you have taken job offers in a different company because you thought it was the best decision for your family.

Also, it's more natural for a person to go somewhere where they feel more wanted. I don't know what GB's pitch was, but Minn did more to convince Jennings than NE (from what I know)

Rusty seems to have trouble understading that these guys don't play for free and that this is how they make money for their families. Easier for you as a fan to tell a player to take less money for the "chance at a ring".

Football is a violent sport...Here's a scenario for you!:

Player A has two offers: 2 years, 5 million guaranteed and 4 years and 15 million guaranteed. First offer is from a winning team and the second is from a losing team.

Player A accepts the lesser deal for the best opportunity at a ring. Player A has a serious injury and his career is over. Player A now only has 5 million in the bag, no other skills to acquire a good paying job, and maybe a lot of medical expenses to cover for his injury. Oh, and Player A didn't win the ring because no place can guarantee you a ring.

It's unfortunate, but plenty of these NFL players don't have a great backup plan. Listen to a guy like Chris Johnson speak, do you think he could land himself a high paying job that isn't involved in athletics? You shouldn't condemn a player for going after the money. It's so easy to lose everything on one play (Johnny Knox for example) and these contracts aren't guaranteed.

a lot of truth in this

of course rusty will not see it however

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Jennings mouthed off towards NE back in 2010. I never got the impression he is Patriots material.  He was lobbying for Miami or Minny the whole time and it was to drive price and to use the Packers.

He waited, waited and waited and finally got his price.

I do not want players like that on this team.  Minnesota just overpaid for a guy who is more interested in the biggest contract, not caring where he plays. 

Ponder could lose his job to Cassel and Jennings is apparently not interested in winning a ring.

All due respect Rusty, i just don't believe there is such thing as Patriot material anymore. The identity is gone. I'm going to be completly honest here and you probably won't enjoy it but the only true Patriots left wear 51,75 and 12 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He waited, waited and waited and finally got his price.

I do not want players like that on this team.  Minnesota just overpaid for a guy who is more interested in the biggest contract, not caring where he plays. "

I'm on board with that. I would like to see us go after more players in their prime (versus savvy veterans) but one thing about our "value signings" is it has a tendency to weed out the divas. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151424/article/did-greg-jennings-reject-new-england-patriots-offer

the title is misleading. the team he really rejected was the packers. NE only offered $6M/per of course he didn't accept. he rejected his home team teams offer ($8M/per) for an extra $1M/per from the Vikings. 

Disagree, because Schefter tweeted NE never offered money.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151424/article/did-greg-jennings-reject-new-england-patriots-offer

the title is misleading. the team he really rejected was the packers. NE only offered $6M/per of course he didn't accept. he rejected his home team teams offer ($8M/per) for an extra $1M/per from the Vikings. 

Disagree, because Schefter tweeted NE never offered money.

so then what do you disagree with?

You said the "title was misleading", were you refering to the title of the thread?  If so there is doubt if he rejected an offer when one side says he did and another side says he was never made an offer.

Are you refering to the article link? if so my fault.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts