Jennings rejected NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Jennings rejected NE?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151424/article/did-greg-jennings-reject-new-england-patriots-offer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Jennings rejected NE?

With the money he got, I am sure NE was nowhere close with its offer.  They probably tried to get his for a song. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

With the money he got, I am sure NE was nowhere close with its offer.  They probably tried to get his for a song. 

$6 million year offer from the Pats, not sure on guaranteed money and how many years.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

really good player, but im glad the pats didnt offer as much as the vikings did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Pats offered him $6mil per year. I doubt his agent even told him about the offer before tossing it in the trash. Worth a try I guess though. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

After the Harvin trade there were arguably no teams in a more desperate WR situation than the Vikes and Jennings took advantage of that.

I mean Jerome Simpson as the #1 WR? Yikes. They'll draft one fairly high as well. With picks #23 and 25 Tavon Austin, if he's even still there, probably won't get past them.

Jennings is talented though and would have looked good in NE. Just too expensive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

After the Harvin trade there were arguably no teams in a more desperate WR situation than the Vikes and Jennings took advantage of that.

I mean Jerome Simpson as the #1 WR? Yikes. They'll draft one fairly high as well. With picks #23 and 25 Tavon Austin, if he's even still there, probably won't get past them.

Jennings is talented though and would have looked good in NE. Just too expensive.

The Vikings can have him...comsidering what they paid for him. I don't think a WR...any WR...is worth $10mil. per year, or more:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/gluttony-wide-receiver-feeding-frenzy/13955/  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Jennings followed the money. Nothing wrong w/ that. The Pats offer was probably around where I would have been ok with paying him. He got way more from the Vikes than I would have been happy to have the Pats offer him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In this case, MN probably gave Jennings too rich a contract.

Buy I find it to be a knee-jerk homey attitude that the price any NFL team pays for anybody is automatically overpaying. Maybe the Pats in many occassions underpay their own players and potential targets.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

He doesn't care about a ring. Once I saw him openly using Miami and Minny, both warm or climate controlled home teams, up againt GB, I knew his heart wasn't it.

Would have loved him in here at the 6 mil per because his skill set is perfect, but him choosing to play with Ponder over returning to GB or playing with Brady tells me all I need to know.

At some point, if a player chooses money first and foremost over the total package, there is nothing you can do about it.

Agree. It's not just the Pats being interested but the fact he'd leave GB, another contender with a great QB, to play with Ponder tells the tale as to his priorities.

Good for him I guess. He got the big money and he's already got a ring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

He doesn't care about a ring. Once I saw him openly using Miami and Minny, both warm or climate controlled home teams, up againt GB, I knew his heart wasn't it.

Would have loved him in here at the 6 mil per because his skill set is perfect, but him choosing to play with Ponder over returning to GB or playing with Brady tells me all I need to know.

At some point, if a player chooses money first and foremost over the total package, there is nothing you can do about it.

well he already has a ring, i guess now he tried to cash in and did it successfully.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Correct.

Ring - Check

Truckload of Cash - Check

He's always been a hard worker, and good performer. Let's see if he takes the money and runs.

Pats traded the pick that turned into Jennings, to trade UP for the pick that turned into...Chad Jackson. CB and WR...what is wrong with these positional scouts!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not a big fan of Jenning but at this point, as it looks right now I would have liked to see him signed. Hopefully BB has some ideas (players) in mind for the WR position

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Reported by Pro Football Talk that the Patriots offered Jennings $6 mill per year.

According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jennings at one point during the 2012 season wanted $15 million per year.  And so he rejected $11 million per year from the Packers, ultimately getting only $9 million annually from the Vikings.

Along the way, Jennings rejected (per McGinn) a reduced offer of $8 million per year from the Packers, and a $6 million annual flier from the Patriots.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

League source at NFL owners meetings in AZ was adamant that New England never made an offer to WR Greg Jennings. Welker, yes. Jennings, no.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Buy I find it to be a knee-jerk homey attitude that the price any NFL team pays for anybody is automatically overpaying. Maybe the Pats in many occassions underpay their own players and potential targets.

+ 1000

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's logically impossible to "underpay" (whatever that means) a player in the NFL. If you offer a player an insufficient amount of money, he will sign elsewhere. 

So, with that in mind, genius, name one player that has ever been "underpaid" by the Patriots.

Just one, I'll wait...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Jennings mouthed off towards NE back in 2010. I never got the impression he is Patriots material.  He was lobbying for Miami or Minny the whole time and it was to drive price and to use the Packers.

He waited, waited and waited and finally got his price.

I do not want players like that on this team.  Minnesota just overpaid for a guy who is more interested in the biggest contract, not caring where he plays. 

Ponder could lose his job to Cassel and Jennings is apparently not interested in winning a ring.

translation: when pats don't get a player then that player is automatically selfish, overrated, not worth it, loud mouthed, lacks character, doesn't want to win, etc...and whatever team did sign him overpaid, were duped, destroyed their cap, have 47 holes to fill, will never win with him, etc...

i miss anything?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Jennings mouthed off towards NE back in 2010. I never got the impression he is Patriots material.  He was lobbying for Miami or Minny the whole time and it was to drive price and to use the Packers.

I do not want players like that on this team.  Minnesota just overpaid for a guy who is more interested in the biggest contract, not caring where he plays. 

Ponder could lose his job to Cassel and Jennings is apparently not interested in winning a ring.

translation: when pats don't get a player then that player is automaticallyselfish, overrated, not worth it, loud mouthed, lacks character, doesn't want to win, etc...and whatever team did sign him overpaid, were duped, destroyed their cap, have 47 holes to fill, will never win with him, etc...

i miss anything?

yup that you are a total azz/hole, dick/head, POS, jerk...I miss anything

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

translation: when pats don't get a player then that player is automaticallyselfish, overrated, not worth it, loud mouthed, lacks character, doesn't want to win, etc...and whatever team did sign him overpaid, were duped, destroyed their cap, have 47 holes to fill, will never win with him, etc...

i miss anything?

It's sort of childish, isn't it?  It's kind of like players and their agents being dumb when they don't accept the Pats' offers. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

i miss anything?

It's sort of childish, isn't it?  It's kind of like players and their agents being dumb when they don't accept the Pats' offers. 

it's rusty logic

Sections
Shortcuts