Jeremy Ebert

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Jeremy Ebert

An offensive player! 5-11 200lb. Productive player, no combine invite. Impressed scouts at his Pro Day running a 4.38 and running good routes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Keltkoa. Show Keltkoa's posts

Re: Jeremy Ebert

Kind of prophetic post on bleacher report although a year late.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Seems like a good addition ... practice squad candidate?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

QB turned receiver that wears #11.  Sound familiar?
    I'm really liking that #62 (poor value) pick trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Jeremy Ebert":
    Seems like a good addition ... practice squad candidate? Posted by mbear3915
    I think so, pretty stiff competition at WR this year. But, he's white... So get ready for the Welker comparisons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Ebert:
    Posted by mbear3915

I think he'll be the solution to a big problem last year, a returner. He's got great returning ability and speed. Not sure about being a receiver but he has potential. If he can increase the average return to the 25-30 instead of between the 15-20, that would be huge 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ebert is a junior this season which is not good news for Big Ten fans, we have to deal with this guy for one more year, unless he is drafted in the 2011 New England Patriots Draft. Ebert has had a stellar year so far putting down great numbers.  He has caught 24 passes for 436 yards and five touchdowns.  After a crazy game against Minnesota that included seven catches for over 100 yards and a touchdown, look for Ebert to run over the Boilermakers secondary.  Purdue has arguably the worst secondary in the Big Ten, and it will be a field day for Ebert, unless Purdue can get pressure on the Dan Persa through Ryan Kerrigan.

Guys??? Was that edited or did they actually call this pick???? Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ebert is a junior this season which is not good news for Big Ten fans, we have to deal with this guy for one more year, unless he is drafted in the 2011 New England Patriots Draft . Ebert has had a stellar year so far putting down great numbers.  He has caught 24 passes for 436 yards and five touchdowns.  After a crazy game against Minnesota that included seven catches for over 100 yards and a touchdown, look for Ebert to run over the Boilermakers secondary.  Purdue has arguably the worst secondary in the Big Ten, and it will be a field day for Ebert, unless Purdue can get pressure on the Dan Persa through Ryan Kerrigan. Guys??? Was that edited or did they actually call this pick???? Wow.
    Posted by Getzo

2011 draft.  Must have looked at him last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

That's crazy.  Great call, and em I glad they like him a lot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Posted by mbear3915

Nah, I hope BB makes room for this kid and let him develop. Simple way to do it would be cut Ocho Stinko and maybe Gonzalez.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As someone who attended a large number of NU football games in the past 2 years I think Ebert could be a steal.  He was a beast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

As someone who attended a large number of NU football games in the past 2 years I think Ebert could be a steal.  He was a beast.
    Posted by pcmIV

Awesome

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Good fit for their scheme.  Fluid, fast, tough, smart, good route runner, catches the ball well, has RAC ability and projects well to their short/intermediate passing game.  Much more proven as a WR at this point in their careers when compared to Julian. 

Will prob have to make a name for himself on ST as well if he wants to stick, but the skill set is there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good fit for their scheme.  Fluid, fast, tough, smart, good route runner, catches the ball well, has RAC ability and projects well to their short/intermediate passing game.  Much more proven as a WR at this point in their careers when compared to Julian.  Will prob have to make a name for himself on ST as well if he wants to stick, but the skill set is there.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I agree. The weird part is that there are scouting reports out there saying the kid is not quick or fast (the guy ran a 4.3). There is a video of him on youtube were he absolutely burns our second round pick for a pair of touchdowns.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Ebert : I agree.There is a video of him on youtube were he absolutely burns our second round pick for a pair of touchdowns.
    Posted by mthurl

This kid makes the team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWH9nzK-r80&feature=related

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

How much you wanna bet BB picked this kid after watching film of Tavon?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In the game against Nebraska, Ebert also left a touted corner back in the dust on his way to a 81 yards TD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

so far looks a lot like wes welker (not addressign teh toughness). shiftyness and  hands

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Alota people brought this same thoughts home on this kid as I...  With mthurl, It's not like he appears on-field to play totally up to that crazy 4.38 40 speed I also read that he possessed...But he's just sneaky fast (I don't know how to describe it any other way...sorta like a Wes Welker (like bredbru says) without quite as much shiftiness combined with offering much of that David Patten downfield "quickness" (again, different than straight "track-fast" and different than Welker "shiftiness"...but a pretty sweet intertwining of both at an above average scale). mbeaulieu being REALLY correct on the recognition of just how both fluid and very aware of the soft spots, play development, and where his QB's at and how his QB's faring as the play further develops (see pezz's point of how he used to be a QB...didn't know that until now, but'chu can tell).

Agree w/ Kansas- If my choice is between Anthony Gonzalez vs. Jeremy Ebert as a first training camp final single person cut...  I'm cuttin' the guy's who's been injured 600X already.  Same w/ Ocho- IF my option on the very LAST training camp markdown, is Ocho vs. Ebert, and during & within THIS length of time that Ocho's had (very final cut in this training camp plus last full season)- IF Ocho hasn't ABSOLUTELY "got it" and is on the EXACT same play-reading page as Brady at this point in time here=In an Ocho vs Ebner equation=then Ocho's g-o-n-e (edit: Alright, Here on out-Priority A#1 should be to base one's final selection process around making sure you're never stuck with dealing w/ both an "Ebner" AND an "Ebert" when the draft's over).

PatsEng places Ebert's addition in a new light...  Ebert's got return potential...And Return potential at BOTH KR'ing and PR'ing (see Edelman).  He's got REALLY smart short area recognition for soft spots and openings and pretty awesome hands in the filmwork I saw (see Welker).  And he has that David Patten like potential for those speedy middle-deep sideline out threats plus a couple deep middle shots ya could use him for along w/ that'cha you could use couple times a game (to both maximize his threat elsewhere, along w/ the singular "keep the D honest" aspects which are inherent and obvious here) (see now, Gonzalez).  Sorta makes the numbers of wideouts which Ebert's skill-set overlaps with, plus the Welker contract situation that much more interesting in terms of how it'll inevitably play out in the coming months... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

After watching some clips....this kid looks more polished than most other receivers in this draft.

Great hands and adjusts to the ball very well. I think he'll be better than Eddleman as WR right off the bat.

Should make the squad, especially if he can return kicks.

I also like that he catches the ball with his hands.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

The only thing that worries me is how many guys like this can one team really have? Welker, Edelman, and now Ebert? Hope he shines in training camp and makes the team. Could be Welker's heir... here's hoping anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Welker gone next year and Edelmens contract is up---pretty much the replacement if he pans out. Very productive in the slot-ran a 4.41  40- also can return punts and kickoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

this is one of the pros evaluations (considered one of the better and more thorough ones)-which i was happy reading as it echoed my first hit watching video of him.

On Jeremy Ebert: ”He’s one of those guys who can work in the slot. He had a strong pro day. He showed strong short area quickness. What I like about him, is he’s got sneaky speed. That’s a very intriguing pick, especially when he can learn from a guy like Welker. I think he’s a better, more natural slot receiver than (Julian) Edelman. So he comes in more polished as a slot receiver than Edelman did.”

(Corey Chavous of DraftNasty.com)

peace

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The only thing that worries me is how many guys like this can one team really have? Welker, Edelman, and now Ebert? Hope he shines in training camp and makes the team. Could be Welker's heir... here's hoping anyway.
    Posted by oh-my-beard

They may not all be on the team when the preseason ends.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

WR is going to be really interesting this year with the age vs. youth battles going on: (Lloyd not included as he is somewhere in the middle.)
    At the back end of their careers:
    Branch, Welker, Stallworth, Ocho
    At the early stages:
    Edelman, Gonzalez, Ebert, Davis, Underwood, (Slater), (Roark)

I think Lloyd and Welker (if tag is resolved) are the only two locks at WR. Edelman (punt return) and Slater (coverage ST captain) bring established added value. And after that ... who knows.
    Davis and Roark - size with Davis having the speed advantage (4.5 v 4.7)
    Underwood Gonzalez and Stallworth - speed 4.36, 4.44, 4.48
    Branch - experience
    Ocho - ?
    I do wonder if Slater's 'position group' is changed to DB. He doesn't bring much value as a receiver, had college experience at FS, and would be one if not the fastest DB we have - didn't impress last year at safety, but never had any really practice at the position - why not give him an off-season at it and see?

Sections
Shortcuts