Jeremy Jacobs a suitor to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Jeremy Jacobs a suitor to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo.

I dont like the idea of revenue from the bruins going towards unseating the patriots in the division. If Jacobs is serious about buying the bills he should sell the bruins the TD garden and his 20% stake in NESN.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/boston-bruins-owner-could-buy-bills-keep-them-in-buffalo/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Jeremy Jacobs a suitor to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo.

LOL!

Those poor bastards.  They just can't catch a break. They're better off with Bon Jovi doing it. At least he'll spend the money and do it the right way.

I am moritifed as a Bruins fan seeing Jacobs only donate $5000 in the name of Reilly Smith, the Bs latest 7th Player Award winner.

$5000 to a charity. How generous, Jeremy!  lmao

What a loser.

The Bills need someone who gets it, can get some funding to rejuvenate a really depressed city and area, using the new stadium as an economic trigger to help that area.  

Jacobs is too old and greedy to pull that kind of a thing off. HE also sucks as a human.

Can't wait for Handy to come in here and attempt to defend this little confilct of interest maneuver from Jacobs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

At this point i think buffalo fans would take any owner as opposed to no team... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Jacobs would make an excellent candidate.

He's a native of Buffalo and has major business interests in the city.   The city would embrace him and that would put talks of the Bills leaving to rest for another decade or more.

There aren't a lot of other candidates that wouldn't be viewed as carpetbaggers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's the conflict of interest?

Hockey and football are two different sports.

You know about much about business as you do about sports.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really have to ask what the conflict of intrest is? Its a boston sports owner wanting to buy a team that is in the same division as another boston sports team. you really are as dumb as a box of rocks... No wonder rusty pwns you on the regular. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really have to ask what the conflict of intrest is? Its a boston sports owner wanting to buy a team that is in the same division as another boston sports team. you really are as dumb as a box of rocks... No wonder rusty pwns you on the regular. 

[/QUOTE]

He's a moron. I am honestly beginning to think he's Charlie Jacobs. Seriously.  

Anyone who even hinted at defending Jacobs would have beaten to a pulp where I grew up.  He was the most detested millionaire in Boston (Or Buffalo) for decades.

He still is in some ways.   He thinks he can get away with it because they finally won a Cup in 2011, but he won't with me. He has decades of abuse in this town and he'd abuse the Bills fans, too.

Wilson was a great owner, who really was a victim of two things:

1. An awful market in Buffalo with an economy that hasn't been nice over the past decade.

2. The Patriots. He's been in the same divison as Kraft/BB and was fighting an uphill battle.

Buffalo deserves a team, a new stadium and some help, but greedy Jacobs would be a disaster for them and absolutely a conflict of interest competing in differing markets, especially considering Buffalo is in the same division as the Pats.

Kraft probably does not like it, obviously.

Jacobs is never, ever to be trusted. He's proven that for decades.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jacobs would make an excellent candidate.

He's a native of Buffalo and has major business interests in the city.   The city would embrace him and that would put talks of the Bills leaving to rest for another decade or more.

There aren't a lot of other candidates that wouldn't be viewed as carpetbaggers.

[/QUOTE]

^^Classic moron retort.

Any Bills fan would be cringing at one of the worst owners in sports in the last 30 years coming to supposedly help their franchise along.

For over 30 years, Jacobs duped Bruins fans.

You're a moron. Jacob is a greedy businessman and nothing else. Literally NOTHING. He wants to die with as much money as possible and does not care how he is perceived.  

If that's a great candidate for an owner, you just aren't very bright or wish the worst for the Bills fans.

I can always tell who has no idea what they're talking about while they pretend they do.

You kiddies clearly did not grow up with the 1980s and 1990s/early 2000s Bruins. Jacobs led lockouts on two occasions to be able to profit easier, while running to the bank with Bettman.

Numerous warm weather cities or hack franchies won Cups as Bruins diehards watched in horror.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^^Classic moron retort.

Any Bills fan would be cringing at one of the worst owners in sports in the last 30 years coming to supposedly help their franchise along.

For over 30 years, Jacobs duped Bruins fans.

You're a moron. Jacob is a greedy businessman and nothing else. Literally NOTHING. He wants to die with as much money as possible and does not care how he is perceived.  

If that's a great candidate for an owner, you just aren't very bright or wish the worst for the Bills fans.

I can always tell who has no idea what they're talking about while they pretend they do.

You kiddies clearly did not grow up with the 1980s and 1990s/early 2000s Bruins. Jacobs led lockouts on two occasions to be able to profit easier, while running to the bank with Bettman.

Numerous warm weather cities or hack franchies won Cups as Bruins diehards watched in horror.

[/QUOTE]

Naive and ignorant is no way to go through life.

Jacobs is a major philanthropist in the Buffalo area.   People used to call Bill Gates greedy too before he started his foundation.   Jacobs also employs tens of thousands of people through his companies.  Some folks just like to bash successful businessmen unless their own paycheck is at stake.

I will agree with you on one point - he didn't do enough to stock the Bruins with top caliber talent for decades.   But you can't make that claim now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!

Those poor bastards.  They just can't catch a break. They're better off with Bon Jovi doing it. At least he'll spend the money and do it the right way.

I am moritifed as a Bruins fan seeing Jacobs only donate $5000 in the name of Reilly Smith, the Bs latest 7th Player Award winner.

What a loser.

The Bills need someone who gets it, can get some funding to rejuvenate a really depressed city and area, using the new stadium as an economic trigger to help that area.  

Jacobs is too old and greedy to pull that kind of a thing off. HE also sucks as a human.

Can't wait for Handy to come in here and attempt to defend this little confilct of interest maneuver from Jacobs.

[/QUOTE]

that's because you're rtarded. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

He would have to sell the Bruins to do this...

Might be a blessing in disguise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

He wants the concessions for both...and this would NOT be good news for Bruins fans...there would have to be a tamp down on $$ spending because to pay for an NFL franchise means he'll be bleeding cash...not good....only one place where he'll get it from.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh my.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will agree with you on one point - he didn't do enough to stock the Bruins with top caliber talent for decades.   But you can't make that claim now.

[/QUOTE]

Give us some examples of this.  Who should he have signed, but didn't because he didn't want to spend the money?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

that will throw a wrench into the crony corpratists in the NFL who want to move them to LA. LOL

I'd like to see them stay in Buffalo, the fans there have supported their, just a hardidly as the Browns fan did, and deserve to keep their team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You want a conflict of interest?

How about the guy who owns the baseball team in town also owning the biggest newspaper?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I could make a list for DAYS and DAYS on here every offseason for the last 35 years where Sinden was under orders from Jacobs not only to sign the 3rd or 4th best FA option but unloading really good players for the Bs's in their prime, simply because Jacob wasn't committed to winning.

[/QUOTE]

Okay.  Give me some examples.

(Please list Bill Guerin as a player the Bruins wouldn't pay.  Please.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I could make a list for DAYS and DAYS on here every offseason for the last 35 years where Sinden was under orders from Jacobs not only to sign the 3rd or 4th best FA option but unloading really good players for the Bs's in their prime, simply because Jacob wasn't committed to winning.

[/QUOTE]

Okay.  Give me some examples.

(Please list Bill Guerin as a player the Bruins wouldn't pay.  Please.)

[/QUOTE]

I've already bludgeoned you on the Bruins board with this and I am not going to do it again.  You were completely outnumbered there and would be here, too.

Again, you're the only supposed Bruins diehard I've ever seen defend Jacob$.

Ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I've already bludgeoned you on the Bruins board with this and I am not going to do it again.  You were completely outnumbered there and would be here, too.

Ever.

[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be that hard to give a few examples.  In fact, it would have taken less time to type a few names than it did to type that BS instead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ever.

[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be that hard to give a few examples.  In fact, it would have taken less time to type a few names than it did to type that BS instead.

[/QUOTE]

How about future HOFer Adam Oates with future HOFer Ray Bourque on his heels awkwardly begging to get the hell out of there at the end of his career?

Again, we've been over this.  Every millisecond they had someone good, poof, off they go when the contract came due.

Gord Murphy was better than Garry Galley? Really? Baloney. Galley and Bourque dominated the PP work from the blueline in that era.  Wesley was another one they scapgeoated out the door.

I don't have the time to go back down every single FA option they could have had from 1976-2004 before Jacob$'$ second lockout came to fruition, but there are numerous examples of their own players on their own team that were messed with for their new contracts, where Sinden traded them off instead.

Either you know the history of the club, or you don't. It was like it was bad to do good things on the Bruins in those years because it meant those players that did good would be shown the door. Then, Sinden would show up with is drunken self and roascea all over his cheeks on Channel 5 News at 6:00 with Mike Dowling looking flummoxed outsid the Delaware North offices at the Garnde, trying to act like the player wasn't a help to the team after months of negotiating. Sure, Harry.  Go have another drink as you answer "yes" to Jeremy.

Harry was Jacob$'$ puppet and anyone with half a brain knows that.  My grandmother knew that.

My grandmother knows more about the Jacobs Bruins than you do. How does that feel?

Maybe you should have been paying attention to how pathetic all the local overrated players were like Donato or Heinze and how they tried to sell those names as 1st or 2nd line talent instead of you feverishly playing with yourself in Jacob$'s overpriced balcony tickets at $43 a pop in the early 90s, huh, Handy? lmao

See, you're messing with the wrong person on this topic. You think you know it all and the fact is, I'll out-debate you under the table and back on this stuff. I had family work for Jacobs, we got freebies for years and my folks had season tickets for a long time so I go the dope from them as a kid on Jacobs.  Everyone in the know did.  You were just some tool fanboy who was JAcob$'$ wet dream and you still are. lol

And, don't even make me start listing the moves in the post lockout era from 1995 and through the early 2000s with moves like Kovalenko or Popovic on D. Pathetic.   

Tim Taylor was an outstanding face off man and checking Centerman for the '98/'99 club, too, but they refused to pay him when the time came.

I'd could go on for days and days with this.  

The coup de grace with Sinden working for Jacobs, too, was the pathetic idea that a finesse Centerman like a Thornton all of a sudden wasn't Bruins material when it came time to pay them, they'd trade them and then get garbage back in return for that chip.

I also schooled you on that concept too, when I reference how good BB was at that stuff getting ROI.

Note how that STILL happens today with Jacob$ looming in the background with Kessel and now Seguin.

Don't draft the player if he doesn't' fit the mold, only to scapegoat the player later.

The fans in Boston are WAY too intelligent a fan to be duped like that on a regular basis, at least most of us are. That does not include you. You're a dopey fan.

Jacob$ gets away with it now only because he controls the CBA structure within his preferred budget over the life of the deal, so he gets away with it. But, the weasel hasn't changed his stripes, you can take that to the bank.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oates:  Signed a 5 year, $10M contract then complained in the media a couple of years later about the direction of the team.  Traded.

Bourque:  Was traded to win a Cup, not because of money.

Donato:  20 goal scorer, he was okay.

Heinze:  20 goal scorer, he was okay.

Galley for Murphy:  Bad trades happen. 

Glen Wesley:  Scapegoated out the door for three first round picks!

Tim Taylor:  I don't recall why they let this guy go.  I can't imagine the third line checker was going to destroy the team's budget.

Joe Thornton was traded because he was soft, not because of money.  How many Cup rings does he have in San Jose? 

Kessel/Seguin:  The B's spent to the cap during their time.  Should they have spent more than the cap? 

Rusty Trombone:  Schooled again on hockey for all the football fans to see.  Sad, really.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL!

What a loser.

[/QUOTE]

one way or the other the Bills should stay in Buffalo and whoever buys them has to make that priority number one

btw Russ pay attention to that "sucks as a human" thing you might learn something

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Oates:  Signed a 5 year, $10M contract then complained in the media a couple of years later about the direction of the team.  Traded.

Bourque:  Was traded to win a Cup, not because of money.

Donato:  20 goal scorer, he was okay.

Heinze:  20 goal scorer, he was okay.

Galley for Murphy:  Bad trades happen. 

Glen Wesley:  Scapegoated out the door for three first round picks!

Tim Taylor:  I don't recall why they let this guy go.  I can't imagine the third line checker was going to destroy the team's budget.

Joe Thornton was traded because he was soft, not because of money.  How many Cup rings does he have in San Jose? 

Kessel/Seguin:  The B's spent to the cap during their time.  Should they have spent more than the cap? 

Rusty Trombone:  Schooled again on hockey for all the football fans to see.  Sad, really.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty Demolished