Jeremy Maclin

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Jeremy Maclin

YES. he was mightily talented in Philly and many of these guys come off ACL injuries fine so I  think its worth the risk. Maclin can run deep too if needed. would be a great addition to the O if he comes in at the right price

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'd compare him to Emmanuel Sanders, talent wise, maybe a bit better. My concern with any WR would be fit with Brady. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Discuss this - you have no money.  The patsies are in cap hell.  Currently, they are listed to have in the 6 mil range, this is not including the huge bonus McCourty has gotten for busting out at CB and BB having to play him too much at safety out of desperation only to get abused by the likes of Ryan Tannehill (career day 120+rating) and Peyton's 400 yard passing day (most in Bronco playoff history) and that Browns 3rd stringer..

Hey still think that first scoring drive by Manning wasn't PI by McCourty?  For some reason while crying about the obvious clean and legal hit by Welker you won't answer that question.  You just deflect with claims that Welker tried to take out Talib's knees.  Moron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Yes I would definitely look into this move. I rather they do that than a deal for Emmanuel Sanders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hey, here's an idea.  Let's stop trolling the hospital wards, mental institutions, prison camps, and retirement homes for bargains and get someone who can actually play at a high level.  

I'm done with guys like Branch and Stallworth and Lloyd and Ochocinco and Amendola.  They just waste space.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I like the Maclin idea better than Roddy White.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I'd compare him to Emmanuel Sanders, talent wise, maybe a bit better. My concern with any WR would be fit with Brady. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Well, I agree.  But, does that mean we just stop either developing WRs or get WRs in here that have some experience and talent?

I am well aware of Brady's recent shorcomings, but Maclin is still young and a very good talent.

With the cap jumping, I am wondering if they can do something there, where the guaranteed money might be attractive for someone like that.

Why would the offensively stacked patsies even need to sign a WR?  Weird.  BB just used picks on WRs.  You told us all that the patsies offense would not miss a beat and would once again lead the NFL in first downs and points.  How'd that work out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Well, I agree.  But, does that mean we just stop either developing WRs or get WRs in here that have some experience and talent?

I am well aware of Brady's recent shorcomings, but Maclin is still young and a very good talent.

With the cap jumping, I am wondering if they can do something there, where the guaranteed money might be attractive for someone like that.

Why would the offensively stacked patsies even need to sign a WR?  Weird.  BB just used picks on WRs.  You told us all that the patsies offense would not miss a beat and would once again lead the NFL in first downs and points.  How'd that work out?

No answer, Queenie?  I'm shocked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Hey, here's an idea.  Let's stop trolling the hospital wards, mental institutions, prison camps, and retirement homes for bargains and get someone who can actually play at a high level.  

I'm done with guys like Branch and Stallworth and Lloyd and Ochocinco and Amendola.  They just waste space.

I second that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Maclin is a quality receiver, and I'd be in favor of bringing him in if the price is right. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Nothing against you Muzz but I'm growing tired of the If Brady can jell/connect with the reciever crap - Brady needs to work at connecting to Wide Open recievers with no one in his face? Does Edelmen ring a bell?  it would have been 7-3 Pats and a whole different game-enough of this Brady kinda guy crap!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

He's not tall enough and shouldn't even be considered. The Pats need taller receivers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

He's not tall enough and shouldn't even be considered. The Pats need taller receivers.

tall sometimes isnt what is needed.

we need a deep threat. and maclin qualifies. he has the speed to be one and has proven it

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Recent shorcomings shortcomings?  Like being on of the most prolific passers in that time? Like manning the #1 offense with a miss fit of receivers and the #3 this year with Edelman and a bunch of dog doo?  Those shorcomings shortcomings? 

How bout all those receivers bb drafted and picked up as FA's?  Those were awesome.

Do any of them still play?

Why would they need Maclin or Sanders?  Their receivers are the bestest, just like the GM.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they are going the FA route Decker and Cooper would be two guys I would try and sign. If going by way of the Draft Benjamin, Coleman, and about 4 or 5 TE's are ideal targets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I second that!

Boom!

To borrow a phrase from my good bud prolate,  you guys should write BB a letter and let him know how to build a better team. Then maybe he can stop looking in prison camps or whatever the hell else you guys are talking about.

It will be sad to lose fans like you guys when BB retires.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

If they are going the FA route Decker and Cooper would be two guys I would try and sign. If going by way of the Draft Benjamin, Coleman, and about 4 or 5 TE's are ideal targets.

I would be more then happy to get Eric Decker but he will cost some big money.  Not so sold on Cooper yet.  He has had 1 good season, I would like to see more before bringing him in as a go to guy, plus I think someone will over pay for him.  I think Maclin re-signs with the Eagles.  What do you think about James Jones?  A little older then I would like but good numbers the last few years.

Pats need to stay away from the under 6' foot guys so that rules out a few good FA receivers right there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Maclin is a quality receiver, and I'd be in favor of bringing him in if the price is right. 

Maclin was a quality receiver, but he blew out his ACL and didn't play at all last year, so whether he's still a quality receiver is uncertain. The Pats right now have enough question marks at receiver.  We all know it often takes a year or so for a receiver to get comfortable with the Patriots' system.  Bringing in old guys, washed-up guys, injured guys, mid and late round rookies, guys with character questions, and all sorts of other higher-risk players at receiver hasn't worked well for us.  While they are here they don't contribute at a high level and maybe worse, they don't stick with the team long enough to get comfortable in the offense.  We need to invest in one or two receivers who (1) have a higher probability of contributing at a high level and (2) are fairly likely to be part of the team for two or three or (god-forfend!)  five or six years.  Ochocincos, Branches, Lloyds, Amendolas, Stallworths, and other stop-gaps are never going to get this receiver corp to the level it needs to be to be truly competitive in the playoffs. 

I assume you all watched the AFC Championship game.  Did you see how Denver defended us with 8,9, even 10 in the box?  They had absolutely no respect for our receivers.  I'm not sure they ever double-covered anyone.  Single coverage, with just one safety deep was enough, at least until late in the game when Denver went to more of a prevent look.  We couldn't run against Denver in large part because Denver didn't feel any need at all to send more than the minimum number of defenders deep.  Most of their defenders simply held put within a few yards of the LOS where they could easily defend either the run or the s hort pass to one of our eight million slot receivers running horizontally five yards away from the LOS.

I've been saying this for years now, but until we get some real wide receivers, the offense is going to continue to be dismal whenever Gronk is out. Gronk changes everything because he's a guy defenders need to double and triple team and who can attack deep as well as s hort.  But without him, we have a bunch of guys who basically run five yard patterns and no one in the league is scared of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If we only offered Sanders a little more this past season this wouldn't even be a discussion. I'd much rather Sanders over Maclin and we could of had him last year. Might have helped a little in the AFCCG. Starting to feel like Goldson all over again. Missed signing him because of penny pinching so next year they spend money on Gregory. We missed getting Sanders so we want to go out and sign Maclin who's not much better but with injury concerns? Not a wise move when your WR core is already called the walking wounded.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts