Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap

This is one BIG mistake that is on BB. He had the chance to take a 6'6 290 lbs OLB/DE and he chose a 6'3 250 lb player. Maybe Meyer had something to do with it. In their first season, Cunningham had 1 sack and played decently for a rookie. Dunlap had 9.5 sacks.This year Dunlap has 3 sacks and a fumble return for TD. Our 'player' has a whopping 1 tackle and has been a healthy scratch for most of the games.
    Why BB chose him over Dunlap baffles me!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap

Yes, I am sure that is the one mistake he's made... 

Oivey, must each fan make their own push for whatever player not on our team has somehow caught their attention?  I think he should have drafted Spartacus when he had the chance.

When we were winning multiple Super Bowls, not to mention going to one and not winning, after winning sixteen in a row and doing a great deal of winning besides all of that, no one here had an issue with Belichick or Brady in any way.  Now each fan is trying to push the expertise they think they have that in fact amounts to a thimble full compared to the PATS head coach.  The man has been in the NFL since the mid to late 1970's, before many of you were even born.

Man it's like kindergarten around here this week.  Stick around, we'll be adding up the numbers on the sides of the big cube in about five minutes, followed by milk and cookies.

BTW, there's another important and probably very entertaining game this week in New York but I guess many of you guys won't be watching this team you seem to dislike so much

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Des why are you today? to police the board?

I mean really we are here to discuss, vent ,. whatever

If you dont like negative posts then stop reading or go the the Green Bay website...lol

I mean, really we lost 2 in a row, we dont do that much,. let the fans vent and stop trying to police peoples opinions. Its bad enough government wants to take away rights, and you now you wanna a controlled board where everyone just holds hands and say Yes, I Agree, Great comment,. Yes I agree, Great comment, Yes I Agree, great comment

Sounds like fun huh?

Get to work, or else post a thought and stop telling people what they cant say...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Cunningham over Dunlap, Brandon Tate over Mike Wallace, Darius Butler over Jarius Byrd, Brandon Meriweather over LaMarr Woodley, Shane Vereen over Torrey Smith...the list continues to grow.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap:
         Cunningham over Dunlap, Brandon Tate over Mike Wallace, Darius Butler over Jarius Byrd, Brandon Meriweather over LaMarr Woodley, Shane Vereen over Torrey Smith...the list continues to grow.  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Basically BB is fail at draft picks. I am sure we'll soon be adding Ron Brace and Taylor Price as busts as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't understand the point of these lists.  Every GM that has ever made an early round pick that didn't yield a superstar could have in theory chosen a superior player.  I could create a list like that for everyone.  If you want to argue about BB's performance as a GM with regards to the players he did pick it's one thing, but these lists don't prove anything.  How many quarterbacks were taken before TB again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Yes, I am sure that is the one mistake he's made...  Oivey, must each fan make their own push for whatever player not on our team has somehow caught their attention?  I think he should have drafted Spartacus when he had the chance. When we were winning multiple Super Bowls, not to mention going to one and not winning, after winning sixteen in a row and doing a great deal of winning besides all of that, no one here had an issue with Belichick or Brady in any way.  Now each fan is trying to push the expertise they think they have that in fact amounts to a thimble full compared to the PATS head coach.  The man has been in the NFL since the mid to late 1970's, before many of you were even born. Man it's like kindergarten around here this week.  Stick around, we'll be adding up the numbers on the sides of the big cube in about five minutes, followed by milk and cookies. BTW, there's another important and probably very entertaining game this week in New York but I guess many of you guys won't be watching this team you seem to dislike so much
    Posted by Dessalines

Of course no one has issues when teams are winning! That's the whole point! Only when the team is losing, do fans have issues! It doesnt require a genius to figure that out! And stop living in past memory. Superbowls were a log time ago. Heck we only have 2-3 players from that era. This is a public forum and we have the right to vent if we feel like it. You dont realize that many fans vent because they care so much!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

I don't understand the point of these lists.  Every GM that has ever made an early round pick that didn't yield a superstar could have in theory chosen a superior player.  I could create a list like that for everyone.  If you want to argue about BB's performance as a GM with regards to the players he did pick it's one thing, but these lists don't prove anything.  How many quarterbacks were taken before TB again?
    Posted by pcmIV

Sure! Many teams would love to have TB as their draft pick. But we can't keep givng same excuse all the time. Fact is that BB has not drafted well in the recent past and the players he had passed over have gone to become a force with their teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Des isn't the only one who tires of the unrelenting second-guessing.  Hindsight has always been, is now and forever more shall be 20/20.  I totally agree with Des and to respond to the specific challenge:  I'm on this board to review, discuss and, where appropriate, disagree in a rational manner.  Is BB perfect?  Of course not.  Do I always agree with his decisions? Certainly not.  But the second-guessing on draft picks is just plain silly.  What is the point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap : Sure! Many teams would love to have TB as their draft pick. But we can't keep givng same excuse all the time. Fact is that BB has not drafted well in the recent past and the players he had passed over have gone to become a force with their teams.
    Posted by bmadmax82

You are missing the point.  I think BB's drafting on defense over the past years has been mediocre, but pointing out that he could have assembled some sort of super team is pointless.  It makes more sense to evaluate his drafting based on the players he actually picked as opposed to what could have been.  The majority of draft picks are not going to be superstars.  There is almost always someone who could have been better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Posted by pcmIV

yes, but usually not one spot in front of a player you could have used and on a the same team that you spent all offseason mucknig it up w/Meyer.

I think thats why it stings. I dont care either way, but I see the posters point. We take a guy and he does nothing and a guy on the same college team picked one spot after with freaskish immeasurables is being talked about as a differnce maker with long arms and pass rush ability. Even when not getting sacks, he makes impacts. I saw him end games by pressuring the qb and its what we are lacking....   thats all.

We know its a crap shoot, but you have to wonder whats keeping him from taking impact players and instead trying to coach up non-impact players

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

So after eight games, you know that Torrey Smith was a better choice than Shane Vereen. 

Every last NFL team makes draft choices that turn out not to be so good.  How many teams never make mistakes?  Given the fact that they have won more games than any other NFL team since 1994, the Patriots have made fewer mistakes than most.  If you want perfection, don't follow sports.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap : yes, but usually not one spot in front of a player you could have used and on a the same team that you spent all offseason mucknig it up w/Meyer. I think thats why it stings. I dont care either way, but I see the posters point. We take a guy and he does nothing and a guy on the same college team picked one spot after with freaskish immeasurables is being talked about as a differnce maker with long arms and pass rush ability. Even when not getting sacks, he makes impacts. I saw him end games by pressuring the qb and its what we are lacking....   thats all. We know its a crap shoot, but you have to wonder whats keeping him from taking impact players and instead trying to coach up non-impact players
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Well said. We can't go back and change what happened, but Pats could have had good impact players and they chose not to pick them. Dunlap, Woodley and several others. Even this year, BB picked Dowling over Brooks Reed (4 sacks) and Jabbal Sheard (3 sacks). Downing is on IR and we could have used some fresh blood in pass rush. Its just frustrating as a fan to see that. But props to BB for bringing in solid D line help. Haynesworth, Ellis and Carter were solid picks on paper and its not his fault that 2 of those three have had minimal impact. I just hate seeing us waste so many draft picks and cutting players after 2 years, especially after drafting them so high. Team takes many steps back due to that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap : You are missing the point.  I think BB's drafting on defense over the past years has been mediocre, but pointing out that he could have assembled some sort of super team is pointless.  It makes more sense to evaluate his drafting based on the players he actually picked as opposed to what could have been.  The majority of draft picks are not going to be superstars.  There is almost always someone who could have been better.
    Posted by pcmIV

That is true, but it is just frustrating to see pass rush not being addressed. How long will Pats use 32+ vets as stop gap in their D line? We need some fresh blood in that area.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

as they say, hindsight is always 20-20.

That being said, BB has had 7 years since 2004 to build/sustain a team; drafting is certainly a component of that. Obviously, some moves over the years have worked out well - others, not so much.

I'm wondering if he desperately/stubbornly trying to hold onto components of a system that no longer work; including his own coaching philosophy. He's easily labeled a genius when calls go his way, and just as easily called a goat when it doesn't. I guess it's the nature of his position. Seems like more of his choices/decisions are not going his way this year.

Not saying that all of the problems are his fault - plenty of that to go around to include all the players regardless of position. I think Brady is becoming a Diva and his own ego has caused him to make more mental mistakes this year. His emotion on display (when discussing things with Ocho), unfortunately, reminds me of Peyton. Where is that other competitive dude from 2001-2004 that we saw who didn't display that kind of "attitude" on the sidelines for the world to see?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Bubba, that's an interesting point with respect to Brady's sideline demeanor.  I noticed that as well.  Apparently he is calm, cool and confident in the huddle and in total command.  I'm wondering if that particular incident (w/Ocho) is indicative of a change or a manifestation of his growing frustration with Ocho's apparent inability to get on the same page as TB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by pcmIV

Sorry...but the Pats' can't live off their laurels any more. Brady was taken at 199 over a decade ago. Over the past 5 years, BB the GM has made some good trades...but his draft selections have been attrocious. Whether it's his fault, the fault of the scouting department, poor coaching assistants, or a combination of all three...changes are long over due.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Shizz, I've been watching the children cry here for two weeks now. 

You're right about one thing, we haven't lost a whole lot since
    2001. See how big those numerals are?.  A whole decade of winning and now we lose two games back to back to good teams and three on the year so far.  Oh well....  None of what is written here will change a damn thing and its hard to keep reading the same drek over and over and over and over, so these posts are ME venting.

Its not that I expect everyone should hold the same opinions, not at all or that people shouldn't express them.  However, when it leads to stupid threads about players we should have but don't or about drafts long gone and trades not made for some fan's favorite fantasy football player, well, yeah, I'm going to get a little exercised and express myself accordingly. The team as it is, is the team we are fans of, like it or not and it isn't going to change until next year, at which point every fan of every team in the NFL will believe, erroneously except for one team, that their team will win the Super Bowl that year.

I've said this before, that I have suffered through a lot of really bad years with the PATS through the decades and frankly I can tell you for sure that the Bill Belichick era in New England is as good as it gets in the NFL, its right up there with Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh and Don Shula.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Bmadmax82 - My reply button is not present for some reason but I thought I would let you know, that I will do as I please without any advice or prompting from you.  As a further repsonse to you, please read my response fo Jayshizzle above.

You are all like spoiled kids with nothing else to do but be negative to no purpose at all after two losses.  Does it make you feel better?  I suspect not.  You are only trying to prove that your smarter than a coach who will go into the hall of fame on roller skates.  Good luck with that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

Wow! That is one impressive list. For anyone else one might lose his job over this. I live in Redskins country and the fans here would be going crazy of this kind of list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

" I will do as I please without any advice or prompting from you"
    Kid, use the advice that you're trying to give to others. You do what you want and let us do what we want. You don't own this forum. If you want to police it, go and register a domain from godaddy and do what ever you want with it. Don't annoy people here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

" I will do as I please without any advice or prompting from you " Kid, use the advice that you're trying to give to others. You do what you want and let us do what we want. You don't own this forum. If you want to police it, go and register a domain from godaddy and do what ever you want with it. Don't annoy people here.
    Posted by bmadmax82

And for those of us who happen to concur in his point that the end of the world is not nigh, shall we join him?  Wouldn't want to annoy you further.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap : And for those of us who happen to concur in his point that the end of the world is not nigh, shall we join him?  Wouldn't want to annoy you further.
    Posted by ATJ

You can do as you please! Form a club for all I care.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Cunningham Vs Carlos Dunlap : You can do as you please! Form a club for all I care.
    Posted by bmadmax82

Why thank you. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really didn't like either player, I thought Dunlap was a lazy turd and Cunningham just flew up field with no clue of what was going on. Funny though, Cunningham I thought played decently his rookie year and thought he'd build off that...something is not right in Patriot Land.

Sections
Shortcuts