Jermichael Finley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Jermichael Finley?

Would u give this guy a chance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Jermichael Finley?

Absolutely, if he gets medically cleared.  Top 15 TE in the league when healthy.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drops the ball a lot. Brady would go beserk.  So, no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Agent: Jermichael Finley has received clearance from his doctor

Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley finally has gotten some good news. But it doesn’t mean he’ll soon be joining a new team. Or rejoining his former team, the Packers.

Finley’s agent, Blake Baratz, said on Thursday’s PFT Live that Finley has received clearance from Dr. Joseph Maroon. The Pittsburgh neurosurgeon performed the fusion of the C3-C4 vertebrates in Finley’s spine following a spinal cord contusion suffered during the 2013 season.

Finley still has to be cleared medically by the doctors employed by a team interested in signing him. Baratz said Finley will be making a team visit on Friday; Baratz declined to name the team, citing a request made by the organization for silence. (Hello, Patriots.)

In March, Finley visited the Seahawks. The Packers seem to have ongoing interest in a reunion.

Baratz also explained that Finley ultimately must decide whether he wants to play. With a significant disability policy available if he doesn’t play, Finley may have a Door-Number-1-Door-Number-2-style decision to make regarding the potential financial outcome of not playing and collecting the insurance or playing and getting nothing.

Regardless of whether he chooses to play, Finley finally has taken a major step closer to playing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drops the ball a lot. Brady would go beserk.  So, no.

[/QUOTE]

He does drop a lot of passes, but I think his hands have gotten a little better in recent years.  He makes big plays, too, due to his excellent size / speed combo.  I think he is a good player. I'd love to see NE give him a chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    He does drop a lot of passes, but I think his hands have gotten a little better in recent years.  He makes big plays, too, due to his excellent size / speed combo.  I think he is a good player. I'd love to see NE give him a chance.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Heck TB dealt with Dropson and the rooks this year, he can deal with a TE who could be a mismatch nightmare.

Welker, his  BF, drops a ton of passes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Junk pile stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I'd take a look at him. Pats need depth at the TE position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I hope Finley does not play. Always thought he was a great player, and the few times I actually saw him play, he was tremendous. Seems a risky proposition to play again, and the health wise and financial wise, it is prudent to walk away

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope Finley does not play. Always thought he was a great player, and the few times I actually saw him play, he was tremendous. Seems a risky proposition to play again, and the health wise and financial wise, it is prudent to walk away

[/QUOTE]

This I do agree with.  If I were him, my health would far outweigh the risk that NFL Football presents.  He should retire.  However, if the docs grant him clearance, and he chooses to play, I would still like to see NE give him a chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

no, move on

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Of course YES !!! Playmaker, tough guy, veteran... position of need.

Dont think about the regular season, think about facing Denver, Cincy, indy, Ravens in the playoffs... Gronk is a huge "IF", Lafell as any new WR in our system is another "IF" Amendola and adelman 2 more "IF" with all the injuries...

Finley is as good a gamble as any... i say YES !!!!

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No, I don't want to see this guy get hurt anymore. He has his lifelong health to worry about. Get out now while you can without minimal injury (fused spine) and count yourself lucky it wasn't worse and he wasn't paralyzed. He won't make as much but the insurance for injured players is nothing to turn your head about. He signs a deal with no guaranteed money he gives up that insurance money.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, I don't want to see this guy get hurt anymore. He has his lifelong health to worry about. Get out now while you can without minimal injury (fused spine) and count yourself lucky it wasn't worse and he wasn't paralyzed. He won't make as much but the insurance for injured players is nothing to turn your head about. He signs a deal with no guaranteed money he gives up that insurance money.

[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, there would be interest, most likely from the Pats as well, but I can't see any team offering a guarantee with this injury hanging over him 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And apparently he visited Pats on Friday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/06/patriots_brought_in_te_jermichael_finley.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd rather take a shot on Dustin Keller if they decide to go that route. I think he'd step in and produce immediately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If Finley is cleared to play he would likely be better than Keller. Keller's knees might make him barely workable as a move TE. Finley, if healthy enough to play would likely be a better target because of Keller's eroded abilities and Finley is a big powerful guy and a better blocker. So no question IF Finley is cleared which one I would prefer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I would much rather take a chance on Dustin Keller than Finley. I watched highlights of both tight ends and was surprised to see that Finley gets very little separation and very little YAC. Finley played with in a much better offense and much better QB. In many of the highlights Rodgers bought time with his feet then threaded the needle to Finley who was usually draped by a linebacker. Keller's highlights showed a much faster more explosive receiver that got plenty of YAC and played in an anemic offense with Sanchez. I pulled up each guys combine numbers and it was clear why Finley can't separate from LB's, he ran a 4.82 40yd at the combine with a 27" vertical. Those are hardly explosive numbers. Keller on the other hand ran a 4.52 40yd and a 38" vertical with 26 reps on the bench. Brady can't buy time with his legs waiting for Finley to get a little daylight. I think Keller would have a much better chance to flourish with Brady. He would finally get a chance to play with a great QB. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would much rather take a chance on Dustin Keller than Finley. I watched highlights of both tight ends and was surprised to see that Finley gets very little separation and very little YAC. Finley played with in a much better offense and much better QB. In many of the highlights Rodgers bought time with his feet then threaded the needle to Finley who was usually draped by a linebacker. Keller's highlights showed a much faster more explosive receiver that got plenty of YAC and played in an anemic offense with Sanchez. I pulled up each guys combine numbers and it was clear why Finley can't separate from LB's, he ran a 4.82 40yd at the combine with a 27" vertical. Those are hardly explosive numbers. Keller on the other hand ran a 4.52 40yd and a 38" vertical with 26 reps on the bench. Brady can't buy time with his legs waiting for Finley to get a little daylight. I think Keller would have a much better chance to flourish with Brady. He would finally get a chance to play with a great QB. 

[/QUOTE]

My Feelings exactly. Keller produced in an awful offense with an awful QB. Hook him up with Brady in this offense and he can bring some of what we lost with Hernandez instantly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ewhite1065's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather take a shot on Dustin Keller if they decide to go that route. I think he'd step in and produce immediately.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I would take a leg injury recovery over a neck injury recovery.  Those necks, one hit done!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ewhite1065's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I would take a leg injury recovery over a neck injury recovery.  Those necks, one hit done!

[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of feeling the same way...I think Finley has a bigger chance of re-injury than Keller. Plus, if Gronk is healthy, I think Keller fits in wits him better than Finley.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, there would be interest, most likely from the Pats as well, but I can't see any team offering a guarantee with this injury hanging over him 

[/QUOTE]

But really, nobody should play football. It's not a healthy proposition for anybody, you can be permanently injured, paralyzed, even die, whether you've been hurt a dozen times or never been injured. By the same token, nobody should jump from an airplane or race a motorcycle or hang glide.

But the thing is, football players play football. If he wants to play and he's able to medically and he is aware of the risk, he's going to play. So, in my view you evaluate him like anybody else - can he play at a level that helps the team win games, is he better than what you already have, etc. If you're satisfied and the money is right, sign him. 

This is precisely why I have no sympathy for the guys who are suing the NFL. The vast majority of those guys are just like Finley, they are (or were) football players. They'd have kept playing no matter the consequences - heck they all say the same thing, it was all worth it and they'd do it all over again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Rather have Keller !