Jerry Jones Delusional?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jerry Jones Delusional?

When asked would he rather have Andrew Luck, R.G. III, or 32 year old Tony Romo as his starting QB, Jones picked Romo:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/jerry-jones-would-rather-have-romo-than-luck-or-griffin/

I wonder how many Cowboy fans would agree?!! LOL!!!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Jerry Jones Delusional?

He has to play the party line. Could have the same effect as Rex saying he'd take Manning. That has to deflate Snachez a bunch. Romo has it tough enough with out thinking your owner wants to replace you on his wish list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

jerry said all the right things, but you know he would replace romo if he had the chance.

Simply put the cowboys cant afford what the #1 and #2 picks are going to cost in picks this year, why rock the boat on a fantasy that will never happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

* Bill Parcells secretly chuckles on his yatch*

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

How many touchdown passes have Luck and Griffin thrown in the NFL? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Geez Pat, you know how Jerry is!  Cowboy fans want Romo's butt canned.  I don't know how it is in your corner of Texas but here in the Dallas area I'm in they hate Romo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What did you REALLY expect him to say?  Romo su**s!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Bad as he is, he is better than anyone who has yet to play an NFL game.

How do we know how any rookie will perform in the clucth in NFL games.

Thats Romo's only problem. Clutch decisions. Other than that he has a load of talent and makes every throw.

This is a non story. He is in no position to get either Qb anyway...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The problem with Jones is that he makes unilateral decisions for his team with little or no consultation. Some are good (locking up Demarcus Ware) some are bad (locking up Romo).  Romo continues to be seriously overrated and Luck is widely reputed to be the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. I don't expect Jones to throw Romo under a bus when he signed him to a huge contract even if the consensus from fans in big D is that Romo will never win the big dance and is a perennial choker. Now that Al Davis is gone you could argue that Jerry Jones is the biggest autocrat in the NFL.

Contrast with Bob Kraft who gives autonomy to the football people whose knowledge of the game surpasses his own.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I've been saying, Jones will go after Manning.  He will sign manning, tell the head coach manning is now his own OC and let him play.

Manning comes in into the best situation, 3 WRs, a TE, Ok OL (might improve through draft), a good D which will be better because Manning will give them leads.

It's a no brainer, Romo is over 30 so he is what he is and that is an average undersized QB.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Gints, you mentioned me as saying he is bad, but I was the only one to give him props. By bad, I meant in the clutch. I said he has all the talent and makes all the throws. You should know more than anyone else that if you fail in the clutch as a qb, you arent cutting it. Just look at all the fools bashing Brady after not coming thru last game..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dont hold ur breath...

He does this purposely to see what people think about him because he enjoys being talked about and some idiots think he is a football god so every 6 months he does this and then re appears.

It also keeps his post count from getting too high and exposing him for having no life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nagger. Show nagger's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry Jones Delusional?:
    In Response to Re: Jerry Jones Delusional? : yeah well the biggest basher is gone  :  )
    Posted by JintsFan
    GFY sh-tskin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Jerry Jones Delusional? : first of all Romo is a proven pro which beats "potential" any day also this idea that Romo is the only reason or even the main one the Cowboys haven't won is not accurate, it's more media created/QB gets all the blame or praise nonsense...shizzle said "bad as he is..."  bad? look at his numbers last year, that's "bad"? Look at his overall career...he is a very talented qb. He has not won much in the post season and he is rightfully questioned on his clutch/big game mistakes and record-even i have stated he's not a winner when it counts-but then again he has plenty of company in the "blow it when it counts" sweepstakes on the Cowboys...and after Staubach and Aikman he has tough shoes to fill...I am not the only Giants fan who will admit he is a more talented QB than Eli and he is more athletic as well...where Eli has it all over him-thank God!-is in the two-minute drill, fourth quarter and big games ie: when it counts. And Eli has grown as a pure passer too. But Romo is very talented and takes too much blame in m view
    Posted by JintsFan

Romo more talented than Eli?? Apparently, you haven't worn off your drunk from the SB win yet, Jints.

Eli has proven that he's one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. He's won two SBs...while Romo has yet to win a playoff game.

Granted, Romo has the millstone around his neck of Jerry Jones as his teams' GM...while Eli has one of the best in the league, Jerry Reese, calling the shots for Big Blue. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The problem is the cowboys are Jerrys toy.  He owns em. He can do what ever he wants, how he wants. Theres not to many people on the planet that have his wealth and power, so no one is going to tell him what to do. Al Davis jr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I've been saying, Jones will go after Manning.  He will sign manning, tell the head coach manning is now his own OC and let him play. Manning comes in into the best situation, 3 WRs, a TE, Ok OL (might improve through draft), a good D which will be better because Manning will give them leads. It's a no brainer, Romo is over 30 so he is what he is and that is an average undersized QB.
    Posted by Pats7393

Manning will never want to be in the same division as his brother. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry Jones Delusional? : yeah well the biggest basher is gone  :  )
    Posted by JintsFan

Why are you still here?  Go HOME.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry Jones Delusional? : Manning will never want to be in the same division as his brother. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete

Why?  If that team gives him the best chance at a SB win, do you think he'll really care he has to play Eli twice a year?  I don't know about you but most brothers are competitive as hell, playing against Eli will not be the reason he doesn't sign with any specific team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry Jones Delusional? : Why?  If that team gives him the best chance at a SB win, do you think he'll really care he has to play Eli twice a year?  I don't know about you but most brothers are competitive as hell, playing against Eli will not be the reason he doesn't sign with any specific team.
    Posted by Pats7393

Just call it a hunch. If you've read other post about where Manning might land up there are plenty of folks who share my opinion. 

Regards, 
    Hetchinspete

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts