Jersey # 54

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Jersey # 54

Is Brian Waters.
    I know there is only a limited number of #'s to go around. I always associated numbers in the 50's to be Defense - (YES, there is some cross over). So,
    having a new player - in Waters, playing on Offense, Is that maybe, a subtle tribute to Bruschi, and honoring that #54 as no other could fill it on Defense?
    Yes?

(Just for giggles on a slow Monday!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Jersey # 54

I believe waters wore #54 in kc it's not a tribute to bruschi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Waters is 54, Bruschi doesn't play any longer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Waters is a guard, seems to go slightly against the rule book...

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-jers-nums

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Giggles kids.. he meant it as a joke.. But I'm fine with not giving it to a D'men if we can't retire it. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

In Response to Re: Jersey # 54:
    [QUOTE]Giggles kids.. he meant it as a joke.. But I'm fine with not giving it to a D'men if we can't retire it. 
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

That's what I was getting at - If it can't be retired, give it to an non D'fence player, as to keep the "legacy" alive. Outside of Rodney Harrison, Bruschi is the only (well not ONLY) player who as had to "leave" (albeit retired) on good notes with the team and was a B.B. "Player".

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

no, just probably a coincidence.. bruschi is gone and they don't hold on to numbers in the NFL very often... maybe brady when he retires... 

lots of teams have guys who have numbers other than what is supposed to be assigned for their position. They probably dont take it too seriously unless its a qb.