Jersey Colors in SB 46?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

Jersey Colors in SB 46?

I know that the designated home team for the super bowl alternates each year. The AFC is home in even numbered super bowls and the NFC in odd. This will be SB 46 and 46 is even, so the Pats will be the home team. Just as they were in SB 42.

Before the Packers won last year while wearing their home green, the team wearing white had quite a streak going. The 03-04 Pats against carolina in SB 38 was the last colored team to win.

Also considering that the Pats last beat NYG in the 07 finale at the meadowlands with the pats wearing white and the giants home blue, where do you think bill goes with this one. Are all these jersey patterns just coincidences?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Jersey Colors in SB 46?

I'm sure they'll wear blue. I'd like to see them wear the old red and white, but if they did and lost, too many people would blame the jersey I'm sure because of 85.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

He gets to pick his teams colors that they will wear

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Dear Mr. Kraft,  if you read these boards please make sure BB does not wear that horrible red hoodie for the SB this time.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In Response to Re: Jersey Colors in SB 46?:
    In Response to Re: Jersey Colors in SB 46? : No, he doesn't.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Yea, he does.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In Response to Re: Jersey Colors in SB 46? : Since when?

Since always

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In Response to Re: Jersey Colors in SB 46? : Does Ian work for the NFL?

No, but Brian McCarthy does 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

i want our team to wear the throwback white jersey. Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Red jerseys. That is all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In SB 40 against seattle, Pitt was the home team and they elected to wear whites since that was the jersey they had worn throughout the whole playoffs. That lead to speculation last year to whether Green Bay wiuld do the same since they were also road warriors. They elected green though. 

Why dallas wore blue in those games i dont know. But im pretty sure the home team has the choice to wear which ever they want. I could be wrong, but I assume belichick would be the one to make the decision.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Man this is a fun time to talk about stuff like this. Well I hope they use the white ones. or use the Red ones . :D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

I kinda hope they go with white instead

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Dear Mr. Kraft,  if you read these boards please make sure BB does not wear that horrible red hoodie for the SB this time.
    Posted by TFB12

To this day I still wonder what the deal with that hoodie was.  Where did he get it from?  Why that game?  I don't blame it for the loss, but it was strange to say the least.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krb1981. Show krb1981's posts

As long as BB doesnt wear that red hoodie, and sticks to his traditional Grey. I will be fine. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

A since always trumps a since when...  at least where I come from.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Old red and white, love those throwbacks. What I'd like to see is a victory in the 80's red, and have it be because they were Myra's favorite. I don't know that they were, I'm just saying that would be a cool way for it to go down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

I like the Red throw back.  But do we really think the color of the uninforms are going to make a difference? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Jersey Colors in SB 46? : To this day I still wonder what the deal with that hoodie was.  Where did he get it from?  Why that game?  I don't blame it for the loss, but it was strange to say the least.
    Posted by pcmIV

True Story.

My wife got me a red Pats hoodie for Christmas 2007.  I told her BB never wore that color so I would not wear it until we won the SB.  So, the SB starts and there is BB in red.  So, I dig out my never-worn red hoodie and wear it watching the game.  (If it was OK with BB, I figured what the heck).
    I have not worn it since.  Like you, I don't know why he did it.  This time I positively won't wear it til the Lombardi is in BB's hands. 

Sections
Shortcuts