JESUS LIVES...TEBOW'S AN ALL-PRO +CERTAIN PRO BOWLER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL?

In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : Interesting take, insofar as Newton is another guy the "experts" told us couldn't play at this level.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]yep, cam will be more like the marino of this generation while tebow will be more like the elway.. ironic aint it? i recall a lot of elway's early emerging games going the tebow way. ugly for 3 1/2 quarters with an inspired no-name defense and gritty no-glory run game only for elway to take all the fame with some fancy footwork and impressive throwing judgment at the end. i recall him even making a few super bowls with this approach before he figured it all out as a passer and eventually won back to back super bowls at the end in his late 30s. heck, i remember when denver fans begged for the immortal and immobile steve deberg over elway (i was for that back then). just didnt grasp y ownership kept force-feeding reeves this stiff over the game-managing real qb orton-like deberg. 

cam will have the superior passing stats and even be vick/favre-like while tebow will be the superior winner. heck one day he could become a GM-type who too forgets his strug-galling passing roots and longs for a "real" qb as he is faced with his boomerang tebow. life is full of little ironies like that.. i call them coincidences of FATE. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : Interesting take, insofar as Newton is another guy the "experts" told us couldn't play at this level.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

The experts didn't say Newton couldn't play at this level, they questioned whether a team should spend the first overall pick on him because his sample size of throws in college was so small.  He threw an extremely high % of his throws for completions, the question was could he throw in the pros the same way.  

With Tebow it was never in doubt, he stunk it up in college as a passer on the best team in the nation, certainly he would be worse in the Pros and that has proven true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Cam was a better passer to begin with coming out of college however, he has also progressed as a passer and QB since being drafted.  As a matter of fact, he progressed more between the draft and opening day without an offseason program supervised by NFL coaches than Tebow has progressed as a passer in two years as a pro.  The two of them are night and day, and if a GM were to pick Tebow over Cam he would be fired by the end of that day and never work in the NFL again.

But I see what you are saying in that Tebow is proving his skeptics wrong right now however, in order for Tebow to win games he has to beat the house every game. so right now he is defying odds, ridiculously. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: TEBOW'S A PRO BOWLER?

To put this thing to bed...

Per PFT

Tim Tebow fourth in fan Pro Bowl voting among AFC quarterbacks

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2011, 4:38 PM EST

The NFL routinely sends out an update regarding the leading Pro Bowl voters overall and by position.  The most recent update came earlier today, and it made me curious about the status of Tim Tebow.

So I asked.  And the NFL answered.

Tebow currently is in fourth place among all AFC quarterbacks, behind Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The final roster, which will include three quarterbacks, will be determined by a combination of the fan voting, a vote of the players, and a vote of the coaches.  Whether and to what extent the players and coaches believe in Tebowmania will determine whether he ultimately earns a spot on the team.

And even if he finishes fourth, he’ll likely make it — because Brady typically finds a way to avoid the assignment.

Meanwhile, the league office advises that Tebow’s jersey has moved from No. 11 to No. 6 via purchases made through NFLShop.com.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How's your buddy Herman doing? I read the wife was pressured into defending Her-man Cain the last time but isn't going to go for it again. Maybe he can throw some cash her way and get a positive spin. Money talks. Odd how SO MANY women are out to get this guy. And he was just trying to help them. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]He won't get in because his support lies only with a certain clique of football fans, apparently because of a religious bias for him.   He is an awful QB.  His team is winning despite his lack of skills, a' la the Ravens with Dilfer in 2000. He belongs way at the bottom based on his skill.  His getting a HOF nod would be very much like Bristol Palin going deep in Dancing With The Stars, a show on which she never should have been allowed to perform in the first place.  Tebow never should have been drafted to be an NFL QB in the first place. I don't dislike Tebow.  I just don't like the reason why people are supporting him so much despite the reality of his poor play. Very unfair to other QBs in the league. FYI, I am a Gator and appreciate he was their QB in one of their championships. Thinking back, I never for a second thought he would have been or should have been ever allowed to play QB in the NFL. EDIT: I MEANT PRO BOWL, "HOF".
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

It's actually the other way around.  Americans like rooting for the underdog.  How cool is it that Woodhead and Welker are so good at what they do while playing a "big man's" game.  What about Rudy?  What about that Philly bartender that the Eagles picked up a while back.

Most of the Tebow detractors are the people that do resent his religion.  So they attack him for being an awful QB.  Phillip Rivers doesn't have a textbook throwing motion, either.  But, they both win more games than they lose.  It is okay to like Rivers, though, because he doesn't make overt homages to his God.

It was okay back when Chad Johnson was in his prime.  He would take action after every score to pay tribute to his own god - himself.

Tebow was drafted in the first round.  He has delivered at every level at which he has played.  Qualified judges of NFL talent like Jon Gruden and Tony Dungy are on record as supporting Tebow's ability to make it in the NFL.  Enjoy what is happening; it is a good story.

Interesting choice on the DWTS analogy.  Most of the participants have no business being on DWTS other than the network knows that people will watch them.  Chaz Bono?  Kate with all the babies?  The guy who just won it?  Bristol Palin is as consistent with the type that goes on that show as most of time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Don't tou have to be a better than average QB to be a pro bowler? It's like he's still a boy playing a man's sport. I think the kid is so over rated that it's becoming laughable!!!!! He shouldn't even be a QB, I don't see him becoming a elite QB ever, he just doesn't have it!! I do think he has talent but as a RB. I also don't ever see Sanchez getting any better, he is a QB that will only get so far and I think he has already peaked. He's not going to be an elite QB either! The position has gotten harder and the bar is set higher and not many QB today will make it to the elite status. The bar was set by Brady and Peyton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Looking forward to the Pats/Broncos game. May the best QB win. Amen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

When you say he is an awful QB, you are repeating what the talking heads say because of his completion percent. Even Elway has retracted his earlier assessment and said Tebow has been working hard, and my gosh, improving his passing. And why was Elway on the sidelines last game? Because he is seeing what Tebow can do. Everyone is burying him...this is basically his rookie year. Give him time. In Brady's first year of playing, 2001, Belichick didn't think he was great. In part 2 of the Life of BB, he said Adam Vinatieri was the best player on the team that year. Not his QB. Give Tebow time. He has been doubted at every level, and won what, 2 national championships in college.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : yep, cam will be more like the marino of this generation while tebow will be more like the elway.. ironic aint it? i recall a lot of elway's early emerging games going the tebow way. ugly for 3 1/2 quarters with an inspired no-name defense and gritty no-glory run game only for elway to take all the fame with some fancy footwork and impressive throwing judgment at the end. i recall him even making a few super bowls with this approach before he figured it all out as a passer and eventually won back to back super bowls at the end in his late 30s. heck, i remember when denver fans begged for the immortal and immobile steve deberg over elway (i was for that back then). just didnt grasp y ownership kept force-feeding reeves this stiff over the game-managing real qb orton-like deberg.  cam will have the superior passing stats and even be vick/favre-like while tebow will be the superior winner. heck one day he could become a GM-type who too forgets his strug-galling passing roots and longs for a "real" qb as he is faced with his boomerang tebow. life is full of little ironies like that.. i call them coincidences of FATE. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, they published Tebow vs Elways stats his first year and Tebow blows him away in every category.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I want to see Tebow's operandi-modem in 2012

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: TEBOW'S A PRO BOWLER?:
    [QUOTE]To put this thing to bed... Per PFT Tim Tebow fourth in fan Pro Bowl voting among AFC quarterbacks Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2011, 4:38 PM EST The NFL routinely sends out an update regarding the leading Pro Bowl voters overall and by position.  The most recent update came earlier today, and it made me curious about the status of Tim Tebow . So I asked.  And the NFL answered. Tebow currently is in fourth place among all AFC quarterbacks, behind Tom Brady , Ben Roethlisberger , and Ryan Fitzpatrick . The final roster, which will include three quarterbacks, will be determined by a combination of the fan voting, a vote of the players, and a vote of the coaches.  Whether and to what extent the players and coaches believe in Tebowmania will determine whether he ultimately earns a spot on the team. And even if he finishes fourth, he’ll likely make it — because Brady typically finds a way to avoid the assignment. Meanwhile, the league office advises that Tebow’s jersey has moved from No. 11 to No. 6 via purchases made through NFLShop.com.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Right now Tebow is a curiousity among NFL fans more than anything else, and winning at that. We'll see how folks around the country react if and when he comes to Earth and starts losing a few games. Personally I wish Tebow the best but I just don't see long term continued success unless he improves his overall skills. In watching the few games I've seen I just don't see the skill set to stay successful long term in the NFL but I could very be wrong.

I will atleast give Tebow credit for helping to turn around Denver's season.
    For what ever reason they are now winning and rallying around Tebow. Whether it be because of his religious beliefs, belief in his own abilities, etc his fellow players have picked up on his positive attitude and are winning. 

I have my doubt as stated, but given time a proper coaching TT could very well turn into a good NFL QB.  

Hetchinspete

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I seen Tebow at a local celeb golf event and I can tell you he was one of the most popular people there. That's saying a lot with the likes of many top notch celebs and NFL HOF'ers in attendance.  The guy seems like a really cool, likable guy and he is truly a winner in life.  Hard to not like the dude.

Even if his style right now only gives him some extra time to develop while winning, it's a good situation for him and the Broncos.  A lot of people have got on the Tebow bandwagon and they are more exciting to watch now then I can remember... since Elway left.

The only thing is if he doesn't develop then this is all for nothing and will set the team back a couple years which would hurt because they have a legit defense.  But the way Tebow seems to be built mentally I see him developing into a legit starter and will change those peoples opinions who thinks this is all a fluke.

One other thing, I have seen quotes here and there by players on the Denver defense who really aren't getting the credit they deserve and Tebow seemingly getting all the credit.  That is a developing bad situation, imo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : I'm actually curious about this. Perhaps you can help me. Everyone I know keeps telling me how horrible Tim Tebow is, and I have to admit that he doesn't look like such a much to me (little as I know about football) . . .   so if he's so bad, and everyone seems to agree, and yet Kyle Orton -- serviceable journeyman that he is -- couldn't win with this team, how do you explain Tebow's success, if it's not Jesus?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I am a Christian, and I don't believe that for a moment.

Smarter coaching. Because of Tebow's lack of throwing prowess, John Fox committed to running the football.

Everyone makes note that the Broncos were 1-4 in the games Orton started, but they lost three of those games by a combined 11 points, so they could just as easily have been 3-2 or 4-1. Some will counter with the argument that Tebow has won the close games, and they would be right. But the question is why.

Simply stated, the commitment to running the ball was not there when Orton was the QB, but that is what Denver does best, and it complements their good  defense. In the first 4 games, the Broncos rushed for 38, 131, 59, and 119 yards. (In the game where Tebow replaced Orton in the 2nd half, they rushed for 162.) Since Tebow started, they have rushed for 183, 195, 299, 244, 125 and 208 yards.

In the five games that Orton started, the Broncos carried the ball 13, 36, 23, 23, and 23 times; an average of 23.6 times per game. In the games Tebow has started, they have rushed the ball 39, 30, 38, 55, 34 and 51 times; an average of 41.2 times per game. This throwback is reminiscent of the 1985 Raymond Berry Pats, and even more striking in today's pass-happy league.

Fox was smart enough to realize that he needed to run the ball to win, because he did not have a QB talented enough to carry a team; as you stated, Orton is but a serviceable journeyman. We'll never know what might have happened had Fox deployed a similar run-strategy with Orton; the results may have been much the same as under Tebow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]When you say he is an awful QB, you are repeating what the talking heads say because of his completion percent. Even Elway has retracted his earlier assessment and said Tebow has been working hard, and my gosh, improving his passing. And why was Elway on the sidelines last game? Because he is seeing what Tebow can do. Everyone is burying him...this is basically his rookie year. Give him time. In Brady's first year of playing, 2001, Belichick didn't think he was great. In part 2 of the Life of BB, he said Adam Vinatieri was the best player on the team that year. Not his QB. Give Tebow time. He has been doubted at every level, and won what, 2 national championships in college.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

You are incorrect on several notes.

First, you compare Tebow to Elway?  Really?  REALLY???????  Did y9u ever watch him play?  He was one of the best all-around QBs ever.  And Tebow is like hm?  Talk about reaching!

Second, as for my opinion of Tebow as a QB, I determined with my own original opinion that he was horrible as a QB, at least a year before I heard anybody else say it, based on my watching Gator games.  The guy is an awful QB.  He has some kind of talent, but it is not as a pro QB...nor a colllege QB.

Third, did you know that BB wanted Brady to start the 2001 season, but Kraft said. "no" because he had just given Bledsoe a fat contract? It's a fact. I.e., BB knew Brady was a stud-in-hiding, based on Brady's legendary work ethic and sharp QB mind.

If I had to guess, I would say that you are Christian and your analysis is tainted by a bias.  This is a sport setting, not a religious setting.  Rewarding athletes based on their piety and theologic devotion is just wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : I am a Christian, and I don't believe that for a moment. Smarter coaching. Because of Tebow's lack of throwing prowess, John Fox committed to running the football . Everyone makes note that the Broncos were 1-4 in the games Orton started, but they lost three of those games by a combined 11 points, so they could just as easily have been 3-2 or 4-1. Some will counter with the argument that Tebow has won the close games, and they would be right. But the question is why. Simply stated, the commitment to running the ball was not there when Orton was the QB, but that is what Denver does best, and it complements their good  defense. In the first 4 games, the Broncos rushed for 38, 131, 59, and 119 yards. (In the game where Tebow replaced Orton in the 2nd half, they rushed for 162.) Since Tebow started, they have rushed for 183, 195, 299, 244, 125 and 208 yards. In the five games that Orton started, the Broncos carried the ball 13, 36, 23, 23, and 23 times; an average of 23.6 times per game. In the games Tebow has started, they have rushed the ball 39, 30, 38, 55, 34 and 51 times; an average of 41.2 times per game. This throwback is reminiscent of the 1985 Raymond Berry Pats, and even more striking in today's pass-happy league. Fox was smart enough to realize that he needed to run the ball to win, because he did not have a QB talented enough to carry a team; as you stated, Orton is but a serviceable journeyman. We'll never know what might have happened had Fox deployed a similar run-strategy with Orton; the results may have been much the same as under Tebow.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Thank you for making a logical, astute point in what is becoming an emotional debate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]How's your buddy Herman doing? I read the wife was pressured into defending Her-man Cain the last time but isn't going to go for it again. Maybe he can throw some cash her way and get a positive spin. Money talks. Odd how SO MANY women are out to get this guy. And he was just trying to help them. LOL
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]good one, i'm no longer drinking the caine juice. no way all these women can all be lying. once u go black u dont come bak. guess once u go white, u dont see the light (in this case the big red light to your career). oh well.. yep, what guy goes thru all this while large sums of money for a platonic relationship where the lady follows him all over the country and doesnt telll his wife or anyone else, and its totally legit.. yep right. its gingrich's time to self-destruct so roney can get there by default.. man, this country so badly needs a bill clinton! thats a man who always told the truth!

hey when ur a white woman and u c caine for a job, guess u better be ready to give him a job FIRST!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S MAKING THE PRO BOWL? : Thank you for making a logical, astute point in what is becoming an emotional debate.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]NO IT WOULDnt. in 5 years this would be as dumb as the folks saying that steve deberg would be better or as good as elway when the broncos likewise went to a more running offense after when elway took over and eventually started to thrive. bottom line is that tebow brings a far different energy than the slacker orton. yep, do you not grasp in your thick skull that the reason the running game has taken off is because of the threat of tebow. if u go back to orton or a brady quinn, u think for one second the defense would be as good (as they play far longer minutes) and that the running game with no qb to worry about running with it would keep on going. tebow is the reason there is a RUNNING GAME..jeez!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Ok, the QB rating for Tebow shows his strange mix of talents for an NFL QB actually work as pointed out by Kerry Byrne (SI)
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/kerry_byrne/11/29/tim.tebow/index.html?sct=nfl_bf3_a4

Very non-standard QB, low turnover rate and forces the D to have a player assigned to the run even in obvious passing plays. He is different and technically a good QB, not great but not bad or even mediocre so far.

Pro Bowl? 4th, sounds ok becasue I don't know of a QB who has made as big a difference for their team that is still below him in the rankings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  brady will once again create an excuse to not show up when voted in"

That's the Pats fan spirit! You mean, you're not rooting and expecting for Brady to be in the Super Bowl? I'm disappointed in you, you claim to be this huge Pats fan yet a huge Pats fan would never dis Brady for not showing up in the Pro Bowl in a year where we all want and expect him to be in the Super Bowl. 

You've exposed yourself to be a pontificator first and a fan second. 

As for Tebow, you're jumping the gun. We'll know if he's a pro bowler in a few more weeks. If he wins a few more games, it will be hard not to vote him in...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

The experts also said Tim Tebow wouldn't play at this level.

So much for "experts"...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

My step-dad is no dummy and all he said last year was, "Watch this guy, Cam Newton.  He is going to be a star in the pros."  He watches college ball regulary.

He, like me, did not like what he saw in Tebow in college (he watches all the Gator games, as three of our family attended there).  

I don't watch a lot  of college ball/college coverage (seeing live the Gators crush a team 73-10 turned me off on college football), but I never remember any experts saying Newton would flop in the NFL. 

I do watch a lot of NFL coverage, and again, I never heard anybody predict Newton would flop.  

Seems like you guys are revising history to support a flawed argument.

Here's a question:  Since when does a guy only begin starting in the seventh game of a 16-game season deserve to go to the Pro-Bowl as a QB, without a previous legacy of undeniable, winning dominance?  Isn't that a lot like Vick winning Comeback Player of the year his second year back...from prison?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]My step-dad is no dummy and all he said last year was, "Watch this guy, Cam Newton.  He is going to be a star in the pros."  He watches college ball regulary. He, like me, did not like what he saw in Tebow in college (he watches all the Gator games, as three of our family attended there).   I don't watch a lot  of college ball/college coverage (seeing live the Gators crush a team 73-10 turned me off on college football), but I never remember any experts saying Newton would flop in the NFL.  I do watch a lot of NFL coverage, and again, I never heard anybody predict Newton would flop.   Seems like you guys are revising history to support a flawed argument. Here's a question:  Since when does a guy only begin starting in the seventh game of a 16-game season deserve to go to the Pro-Bowl as a QB, without a previous legacy of undeniable, winning dominance?  Isn't that a lot like Vick winning Comeback Player of the year his second year back ... from prison ?

Just Google Cam Newton Bust, there are dozens of "experts" including Kiper who didn't think he had what it took.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S A PRO BOWLER? : Just Google Cam Newton Bust, there are dozens of "experts" including Kiper who didn't think he had what it took.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I did, and you are right about that.  

But Tebow is still a bad QB.  Maybe he can read D's.  He certainly can run.  But he seems incapable of learning to throw by his second pro season. He has thrown a football for most of his life and still can't throw one properly by now, so the evidence dictates that he never will.  

How many poor throwing QBs have you seen survive the NFL?  How did Young look for the Eagles last week, for example? He gave it his all this season and he still flopped, for the same reasons that Tebow will flop.  

Tebow is merely riding along on a strong D and running game.  He can run the option and that is it.  Just like the Dolphins wildcat in 2009-2010...started great, then D's deconstructed it and look at Miami today.  

Under Tebow, the Broncos have only beaten struggling teams.   Of the contending teams he faced, the Lions clobbered him, and he beat the Raiders after the Raiders had lost their starting QB two games before.  Reminds me a lot of Cassell and the Pats in 2008, or Cassell and the 2010 Chiefs, only Cassell is much better.

Look at the schedule.  Since the Bears lost Cutler, the only other good team Tebow will face this season will be the Pats.  So Tebow will probably "lead" the Broncos into the play-offs, where he and the Broncos will be destroyed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW'S A PRO BOWLER? : I did, and you are right about that.   But Tebow is still a bad QB.  Maybe he can read D's.  He certainly can run.  But he seems incapable of learning to throw by his second pro season. He has thrown a football for most of his life and still can't throw one properly by now, so the evidence dictates that he never will.   How many poor throwing QBs have you seen survive the NFL?  How did Young look for the Eagles last week, for example? He gave it his all this season and he still flopped, for the same reasons that Tebow will flop.   Tebow is merely riding along on a strong D and running game.  He can run the option and that is it.  Just like the Dolphins wildcat in 2009-2010...started great, then D's deconstructed it and look at Miami today.   Under Tebow, the Broncos have only beaten struggling teams.   Of the contending teams he faced, the Lions clobbered him, and he beat the Raiders after the Raiders had lost their starting QB two games before.  Reminds me a lot of Cassell and the Pats in 2008, or Cassell and the 2010 Chiefs, only Cassell is much better. Look at the schedule.  Since the Bears lost Cutler, the only other good team Tebow will face this season will be the Pats.  So Tebow will probably "lead" the Broncos into the play-offs, where he and the Broncos will be destroyed.

Yeah he's not great, I think a little more of him than you I guess because I put alot of weight into making the plays that have won games at the end even though he's been subpar before that. Still, I'm not sure that there's 32 guys I like better as a QB but there's quite a few.

Sections
Shortcuts