Jets Alosi suspended indefintely for ordering wall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jets Alosi suspended indefintely for ordering wall

From ESPN.com:

Jets suspend Sal Alosi indefinitely

• The New York Jets have suspended Sal Alosi indefinitely after the team got "new information" that the strength and conditioning coach "instructed" five players to stand in a wall before he tripped a Dolphins player on Sunday.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced the punishment after Alosi was suspended for the rest of the season and fined $25,000 on Monday.

"Over the last day as we continued our investigation we discovered some new information," Tannenbaum said. "The players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were forcing the gunner in the game to run around them. Based on that new information we've suspended Sal indefinitely, pending further review.

Tannenbaum said that as soon as the team learned the new information, the Jets contacted NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.

"They support this initial decision that we presented to them," Tannenbaum said. "The league is going to look into this as well, as well they should. Once we get all the information we'll make a final determination."

Tannenbaum was clear in what happened.

"Specifically when Miami was punting they were asked to stand there by him," he said.

Tannenbaum said Alosi acted alone, that he wasn't told by anyone in the organization to instruct players to stand in a line. Addressing the media Monday, Alosi claimed he wasn't instructed by anyone to create a human wall.

Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan both insisted Monday that the players aren't coached to do that.

Could Alosi be fired for the move?

"All options are certainly on the table we're going to complete the review and get all the information," Tannenbaum said. "[Special teams coach] Mike Westhoff was not involved, Rex Ryan was not involved, but we just want to be thorough and get all the information."

Former Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas had accused the Jets Tuesday of deliberately forming a wall on their sideline to influence the Dolphins' gunner, Nolan Carroll.

"They had to be ordered to stand there because they're foot to foot," Thomas said Tuesday on Miami radio station WQAM. "There's four of them, side to side -- five of them, I mean -- on the edge of the coaches' zone. They're only out there to restrict the space of the gunner.

"But there's more to it because I'm telling you, the only thing [Alosi] did wrong was intentionally put that knee out there. If he just stood there, there would never have been a problem, even if the guy got tripped. But there's more to this. He was ordered to stand there. No one is foot to foot on the sideline in the coaches' box."

There was a six-man line, starting with Alosi and defensive lineman Marcus Dixon (inactive). It's believed the other four also were inactive players. They were in a tight formation, almost like soccer players preparing to defend a direct kick. Their toes were right up against the boundary, with Alosi positioned in the corner of the coaches' box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jets Alosi suspended indefintely for ordering wall

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Alosi suspended indefintely for ordering wall:

Posted by BBReigns

Truman won?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

the league will have to step in now. this was premeditated that means others were involved. just how far up the foodchain does it go? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Regardless of the outcome, it's clear that Rexy does not have total control of his coaching staff in NY.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

the league will have to step in now. this was premeditated that means others were involved. just how far up the foodchain does it go? 
    Posted by harleyroadking11

I have to believe Ryan knew about it.He was standing about 5 feet away from the wall to the rear.The league may not want to discipline the Jets,but they might have to.There's a lot of people who see this for what it really is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I thought it was funny that it anyone would think all those guys were standing nonchalantly along the sidelines. I've seen worse dressed lines in military reviews.

Everyone know 'dressing the line"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

this looks bad either way. If Fatrex didn't know then he has lost control of his team, if he did know..well Woody Johnson needs to step in

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I thought it was funny that it anyone would think all those guys were standing nonchalantly along the sidelines. I've seen worse dressed lines in military reviews. Everyone know 'dressing the line"?
    Posted by Evil2010

I thought they were going to kicks like the Rockettes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

THIS is what jets football is all about...their legacy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I thought it was funny that it anyone would think all those guys were standing nonchalantly along the sidelines. I've seen worse dressed lines in military reviews. Everyone know 'dressing the line"?
    Posted by Evil2010

This reminded me of a funny thing that happened when I was a kid.

As you may or may not know, in the Navy -- particularly in the fleet -- all that marching and formation stuff is taken a bit less seriously than it may be in other service branches (or at least it was in my day). I'll never forget showing up for A-School -- In Indiana, of all places . . .   Join the Navy, see the world -- and on the very first day, we were mustering in a corridor of the dorm. The company might have been a hundred or so sailors, broken up into six or seven sections of 15 or 18 people -- whatever it was -- and there was this second class who was our section leader who comes up while we're all milling about waiting for the company commander, he starts in with this, "Form up, two lines, dress-right, Dress!" and we're all just looking at him as if he might be crazy.

We eventually formed a couple of ragged lines while the CC announced whatever was going on that day, and then we would be dismissed and straggle off to class. This was at an Army base -- Fort Benjamin Harrison, just outside Indianapolis, and all the branches were there going to various schools. Eventually, the Army and the Marines complained about the Squids straggling all over the base while they had to march everywhere, and the command made us form up in the mornings and march to class.

That was pretty hilarious.

Take my word for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Alosi suspended indefintely for ordering wall : I have to believe Ryan knew about it.He was standing about 5 feet away from the wall to the rear.The league may not want to discipline the Jets,but they might have to.There's a lot of people who see this for what it really is. 
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Beat me to the punch, Mojo...exactly what I was going to comment. I don't think he just knew about the wall, I think he was coaching the wall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/12/nfl_to_clarify.html">NFL to clarify sideline protocols

The NFL is holding one of its league meetings in Texas today, and thanks to the Jets, something new was added to the docket for discussion: sideline protocol.

League spokesman Greg Aiello just wrote in an email that NFL VP of football operations Ray Anderson and his staff "are reviewing and clarifying sideline protocols with the teams at today's league meeting in Fort Worth and will follow up with a memo to the clubs this week."

Judy Battista of the New York Times, one of a few reporters at the meetings, just tweeted that Anderson called the Jets' sideline alignment "improper" and violated playing rules.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Posted by Evil2010

yep i know what you mean evil

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think this says it all
    "Judy Battista of the New York Times, one of a few reporters at the meetings, just tweeted that Anderson called the Jets' sideline alignment "improper" and violated playing rules."

(Anderson-Ray Anderson NFL VP of football operations)

Violated playing rules.That sounds like it should be a penalty for the Jets

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I think this says it all "Judy Battista of the New York Times, one of a few reporters at the meetings, just tweeted that Anderson called the Jets' sideline alignment "improper" and violated playing rules." (Anderson-Ray Anderson NFL VP of football operations) Violated playing rules.That sounds like it should be a penalty for the Jets
    Posted by mrmojo1120

For their penalty they should receive 1 additional draft pic for each round.
    That'll put them down the hopper faster than any thing.  See Gholston!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

But but but the Patriots do it too!  waaaaaa waaaaa waaaaa 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4689719/opinion-sorry-attempt-by-jets-coach

Sections
Shortcuts