He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

I wonder at what point the Jets, like the Patriots with Adalius Thomas, become the problems that they welcome into their locker room.

I think Rex Ryan is the perfect coach for their collection of players because he's very open and his system stresses individual matchups (linemen beating the man in front of them, corners covering their man) over complex schemes.  Therefore, Cromartie's illiteracy and Shonn Greene's one year of NCAA academic eligibility won't matter as much as it would on other teams.

But they've got such a volatile group of personalities that I don't know if they'll be able to overcome adversity, especially with the likes LaDainian Tomlinson. 

Methinks there are a lot of divas and that there will be little accountability and lots of blame if things don't go perfectly 
(and they might not since Holmes will be suspended for at least the first 4 games for marjiuana possession, maybe more if his most recent domestic violence case moves forward)