Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts

It would appear the Jets and Ravens are making a run at catching the Colts. The Ravens now looked stocked at WR. The Jets now have a pair stud corners. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts

Jests have a ton more holes to fill.....they also lost their best RB...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts:
    True The Jets and Ravens are getting much better at choking the big game
    Posted by Geographer91

HAHA! Good one!

But really, the Jets are a ticking time bomb. Just wait until Sanchez gets a bit ahead of himself and does something stupid. Just wait until Rex does something to go overboard to throw New York in a frenzy. Wait until Rex' bravado runs out and player s realize they need someone consistent and stable --- and not crying one minute and laughing the next.

Ravens are getting better, true, but they're still the Ravens that always shoot themselves in the foot. The defense is also getting old too so what was once their strength is now becoming the mediocre part of their team.

Give me my Pats any day. Homer, I admit it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Ravens are getting better, true, but they're still the Ravens that always shoot themselves in the foot. The defense is also getting old too so what was once their strength is now becoming the mediocre part of their team. Give me my Pats any day. Homer, I admit it.
    Posted by apdynasty23

If the Ravens are what you say they are, then what are the Pats?  The Ravens just added Stallworth and Boldin, and still kicked the crap out of the Pats last season with Mason as the #1.  The only addition to the Pats roster has been Patten.  If the Ravens as mediocre as you say, then the Pats are much worse right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts : If the Ravens are what you say they are, then what are the Pats?  The Ravens just added Stallworth and Boldin, and still kicked the crap out of the Pats last season with Mason as the #1.  The only addition to the Pats roster has been Patten.  If the Ravens as mediocre as you say, then the Pats are much worse right now.
    Posted by BBRULES23

The Ravens offense, in my opinion, is not better than the Patriots offense. I think last year, we whiffed big-time on play-calling. The loss to the Ravens in the playoffs was not because their offense was too powerful for us. It was more us than them. Lots of sloppy tackling, missed tackles, and arm tackles. Nobody here or on the Patriots coaching staff expected Baltimore to come out and fling the rock around. They did exactly what we thought they would: run early and run often. We just couldn't stop it and that was because we picked the wrong day for our worst performance. Our defense was subpar all year but come on guys, it wasn't THAT bad all year.

Right now, the Ravens are better on paper but the Super Bowl is not won on paper.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Teams better than the Patrots in the AFC- SD, NYJ, INDY, Steelers, Bengals, BAL. 

Teams better than the Pats in the NFC - Vikings, Saints, Packers. 

When are people going to realize that the Pats aren't elite anymore? Jesus, we went 10-6 last year and we are going into next season with the exact same team, minus our most productive WR. I don't want to see us play next year, we will more than likely be very embarrassed like the Saints game last year. We face nearly every team--besides the Saints-- that is better than NE next year. Won't be surprised if we go 8-8. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Teams better than the Patrots in the AFC- SD, NYJ, INDY, Steelers, Bengals, BAL.  Teams better than the Pats in the NFC - Vikings, Saints, Packers.  When are people going to realize that the Pats aren't elite anymore? Jesus, we went 10-6 last year and we are going into next season with the exact same team, minus our most productive WR. I don't want to see us play next year, we will more than likely be very embarrassed like the Saints game last year. We face nearly every team--besides the Saints-- that is better than NE next year. Won't be surprised if we go 8-8. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Steelers and Bengals are not better, also i agree that the Pats last year on offense had poor play calling and defense looked like rookies with bad fundamentals for tackling. If the Pats make the right moves, the loss of Welker next season might not be so bad. Hopefully a healthier Brady and Moss will improve the offense next season. I think we can still be better that all the teams you listed. We need to get the right players, especially through the draft, along with better coaching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts : If the Ravens are what you say they are, then what are the Pats?  The Ravens just added Stallworth and Boldin, and still kicked the crap out of the Pats last season with Mason as the #1.  The only addition to the Pats roster has been Patten.  If the Ravens as mediocre as you say, then the Pats are much worse right now.
    Posted by BBRULES23

The Pats also  beat the Ravens in the reg season game.  The offense had a series of brainfarts in the playoff game.  I don't think they do that again.

Again... check the calendar it's March.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts : The Pats also  beat the Ravens in the reg season game.  The offense had a series of brainfarts in the playoff game.  I don't think they do that again. Again... check the calendar it's March.
    Posted by croc

We barely beat the Ravens in the regular season. They were 22 seconds away from putting a L on the column. The Ravens, technically, deserved to win that match.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts : Steelers and Bengals are not better, also i agree that the Pats last year on offense had poor play calling and defense looked like rookies with bad fundamentals for tackling. If the Pats make the right moves, the loss of Welker next season might not be so bad. Hopefully a healthier Brady and Moss will improve the offense next season. I think we can still be better that all the teams you listed. We need to get the right players, especially through the draft, along with better coaching.
    Posted by freediro

I beg to differ. Both the Bengals and Steelers have much better defenses than the Patriots. The only thing the Pats have over both teams is a better offense. When the Bengals sign, either TO or Bryant, they will have the better offense. They already have a better running game. And the same holds true for the Steelers, they have a much better running game than NE, and without Welker, I would take their receivers over ours. Infact, the only thing the Pats have over either team is the QB because both Pitt and Cincy call a much more creative game than the Moss up top, Welker under offense the Pats call.

My expectations for this year is an 8-8 record with both the Jets and Phins surpassing us in the standing. We've done nothing in FA, you would think that we won the SB and we don't need to fix any holes the way the Patriots are acting the offseason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

The Pats are so bad now, they probably won't win a game in the next 4 months.  I guess most folks can tell how a movie will turn out after the first 5 minutes, cause that's about how far we are into the new NFL calendar/season.

If the Jets didn't luck into the playoffs, would there be all this talk of them making a run at the Colts?  They have a good defense but their offense ranked 20th last year in yardage and they lost their most productive offensive player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Posted by BBRULES23

Yes the baltimore game was horrible in the playoffs, but its always hard to guage teams on 1 game. Especially considering that the pats had lost their best OFFENSIVE PLAYER the week before. Just use some common sense and look at it. What do the ravens do? Blitz.. What do you need to beat the BLITZ?? WELKER.. Who just got injured the week before?? WELKER..? OH CRAP!! What are the ravens going to do knowing you lost WELKER?? BLITZ MORE??
    WoW! That all kind of makes sense, rite?

I wish people understood some football. In football, 1+1 does not need to = 2. Why are the colts among the top teams in the league?? A lot of it depends on quarterback play, and flacco is no brady... QB in the NFL is like having a top 10 player in the NBA, you may not have the best team, but if you got one of those top guys, you have a chance to win. Go watch the game we played against the ravens during the season, we got pressure on flacco even with our horrible pass rushers. That was the one game the pats did blitzes majority of the game and it confused flacco. 
    I am by no means saying the pats are better than ravens. We have our own NEEDS to address, and BOLDIN was not it. We need a pass rusher or two, and an explosive RB, maybe OL upgrade... If these things happen, we go right back from being "in the talk" to being the favorites, its that simple. Its hard to guage your football team based on other team's moves. We need to worry about our draft, if we take care of that, we wont need to worry about what other teams have done.

And please, take the JETS out of this conversation... I dont think they've improved that much by making 1 addition. They got hot/lucky at the right time, not saying it as a bad thing, you need to get hot/lucky during an NFL season.. They lost their best RB, improved their second cornerback... Might lose Leon Washington, who might be their most talented back in terms of what he can do for them... Sanchez in 2nd year, could be good or bad. I dont think i can take any team in the "TOP TEAMS" debate that doesnt have a proven top line QB. It usually doesnt work in the NFL like that, but ofx there are exceptions. I doubt sanchez + the defense is good enough to be the exception though.

People also keep saying we have not made any additions.. I'll give you 2 big potential additions.
    Brandon Tate on the offense : I think he will get his chance, and hopefully is able to gel with brady.
    Mayo : This is a huge addition, last year was a lost season for MAYO... He looked like he was 20% of the player from the year before... Which mayo are you expecting? 2008, or 2009? I would say hopefully we get the 2008 Mayo and that will be a huge addition to this defense...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

To all the people who think the Ravens are Super Bowl bound please explain to me how they are so much better than last year. D. Mason is pissed that they traded for Boldin and gave him that big contract before taking care of him. His wife might talk him back to Baltimore but if she can't Boldin and Stallworth = nothing. Ed Reed has a separation of disks in his neck which leads to weakness in right arm which kept from tackling anyone from the side or from behind last year. They have NO ONE to replace Reed and their corners can't cover me on their best day. All they  can do is blitz, blitz, and blitz. Yes that will win you a few games(8-10) but Flacco regressed last year when he couldn't do more when Cam Carmon asked him to do it. Yes, there was some dropped balls by the receivers and there was talk about a rib injury but this is his third year as a pro. If he further regresses or even worst flatlines then it's Ray Rice and that's it. And when was the last time a running single handly won a Super Bowl(Not the game, the whole season)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Some of you people are nuts!  Jets better that NE! Baltimore, Cincy, Steelers, SD....you guys are out of your mind.  Let me remind you that the Steelers didnt even make the playoffs.  Cincy got manhandled by the jets.  Indy embarrased the Ravens. 

I wish some of you people would stop posting here, because your logic is unexplainable.

Who cares if NE almost beat Balt in the regular season.  They beat them right.  NE smashed the jests in the second meeting and it was only TB's second game since being back from his surgury and WW was out in the first game.

Indy game was great, but a big let down.  If anyone is better I would say its them, but not by much. 

SD....whatever....CHOKE!!!!!

I was in the majority of frustrated fans last season.  We saw a young defense making young mistakes and a lack of imagination of play calling on offense, but to say that these teams are better...I wouldnt go that far.  Too many of you dont fully understand what has happened with this team.  It has been stripped of its personel and players year after year only to remain competative every year.  Indy has had the same OC since PM has been there.  Baltimore still has thier leader in Ray Lewis to lead that defense, but he wont be there forever and when he is gone they will suffer. As someone else mentioned they have a very weak secondary.  I have always thought the jets were good because of thier defense and unlike many others I dont believe they will slide I think they will either stay the same or slightly improve, but im not high on Sanchez like most people are...he makes alot of mistakes and watching him play alot of his passes were because guys were flat out open.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Teams better than the Patrots in the AFC- SD, NYJ, INDY, Steelers, Bengals, BAL.  Teams better than the Pats in the NFC - Vikings, Saints, Packers.  When are people going to realize that the Pats aren't elite anymore? Jesus, we went 10-6 last year and we are going into next season with the exact same team, minus our most productive WR. I don't want to see us play next year, we will more than likely be very embarrassed like the Saints game last year. We face nearly every team--besides the Saints-- that is better than NE next year. Won't be surprised if we go 8-8. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

WWWWWOOOOOWWWW!!!!! I guess you are right!!! Let's all cut our wrists and get it over with quickly!!! EVERY YEAR we go through this off season ANGST on this board. We have only gotten a major free agent player in the first week EXACTLY once in the BB era. That was Adalius Thomas.......how did that work out for us????? We have a real chance to improve this team's infrastructure over the next two drafts and we will do so. The Jets, Fins have also had losses too. If we picked up every FA you guys are raving about we still would split with the FINS and probably the Jets too...its been like that most years since 1960...don't believe me? Check the record.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

How has SD passed the Pats?  The had one of the worst in the run and are about to lose their #1 back....their #2 back/KR is a restricted free agent.  SD has 22 Free Agents this year....more than the Pats and the Pats have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds in a very deep draft.....

Jests just lost their Offense in TJ and L Washington is looking elsewhere....Sanchez was bad last year and is coming off of knee surgery. They have 1 less free agent than the Pats and only re-signed 1.  The Pats now have 3 less holes to fill than the Jests.   The Jests didn't get better.

Indy has 15 free agents and only signed 1....???  Where is the improvement?

Steelers didn't make the playoffs and have 18 free agents....the resigned 2 and added a subpar WR or 2 to the roster....Where have they improved?

Bengals have 17 FA, resigned 1 and added a good WR.....they have many more holes to fill.....where are their improvements?

Baltimore has 23 Free agents, and has re-signed 1...but they added 2 good WR's....That makes 20 more holes to fill...more than NE and less draft picks.

NO has 28 Free agents and only re-signed 2.....how have they improved?

Minny lost their 3rd down back and has only 11 freeagents, they have lost 2 and resigned 2....they don't have a clue if their QB is staying or going..... 

Green Bay has 17 free agents, resigned 3......they have less picks in the draft than NE....

Just curious on your idiotic post, but why have you thrown these teams as have improved when they have more holes than the Pats and less Picks?

Do you see how dumb your statement looks now, in March?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

You might want to check out the Vegas odds for the 2011 Superbowl before you post!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Why does 49 keep posting such negative crap? This team is going to build on last year's success and get a few more guys to make them better. This is definately a team on the way up and not the way down. They're improving. Are they better than the Jets? I think a better question is can they beat the Jets and the answer is yes. I was at the game last November and they crushed them. Did I miss something? They picked up illiterate as in can't read Cromartie but that's not the reason they lost; Sanchez is an INT machine. The Ravens played us well and they're improving. They could be really good if Stallworth gives them anything and their old defense stays reliable.

What are the Colts doing to catch the Saints? Guys get old and it happens overnight. This offseason the Colts could have got old and we'll have to see to know. They certainly haven't gotten any younger on the offensive line and they'll end up with the same problems NE had last year.

NE has the best coach in the league and with the brutal NFC North emphasis next year there will be some awesome games to look forward to. The Pats do well playing up to the level of competition and they are going to get it all year long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Why does 49 keep posting such negative crap? This team is going to build on last year's success and get a few more guys to make them better. This is definately a team on the way up and not the way down. They're improving. Are they better than the Jets? I think a better question is can they beat the Jets and the answer is yes. I was at the game last November and they crushed them. Did I miss something? They picked up illiterate as in can't read Cromartie but that's not the reason they lost; Sanchez is an INT machine. The Ravens played us well and they're improving. They could be really good if Stallworth gives them anything and their old defense stays reliable. What are the Colts doing to catch the Saints? Guys get old and it happens overnight. This offseason the Colts could have got old and we'll have to see to know. They certainly haven't gotten any younger on the offensive line and they'll end up with the same problems NE had last year. NE has the best coach in the league and with the brutal NFC North emphasis next year there will be some awesome games to look forward to. The Pats do well playing up to the level of competition and they are going to get it all year long.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

He has to be a Jests TROLL......or he knows nothing about football....oh wait, those 2 go hand in hand......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I think both the Ravens and Jets are sincerely motivated to get over the hump so to speak. They want to get to the next level. They both have been looking up at the Patriots for the last ten years. So this is no surprise. 
    As for the Pats, this is a big draft coming up. We need a OLB pass rusher! Another ILB and a WR and TE. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Baltimore is legit

with Flacco, Rice, and a WR core of Boldin, Mason and Stallworth

they have the pieces to have a high powered offense... but their philsophy is more smash mouth football with their defense

they look legit to me

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Ravens suuck. They dominated a declining Pats team that was in disarray. Indy dominated them.

Flacco, doesn't impress me neither does Sanchez, at this point. If these guys don't improve sufficiently, the Jets and Ravens will continue to be frauds.

Drew Brees has joined the list of great NFL QBs. Teams with mediocre QBs won't compete with Indy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I hadn't realized this was a comedy football board. Making a run to be like a team with a so so playoff record and 1 Super Bowl? Talk about setting the bar low.

As for "Teams better than the Patrots in the AFC- SD, NYJ, INDY, Steelers, Bengals, BAL. "  All those teams put together have 1 more Super Bowl victory than the Pats over the last 10 years. I wish all you whining bandwagon fns would just jump off now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Jets and Raven making a run at catching the Colts : How has SD passed the Pats?  The had one of the worst in the run and are about to lose their #1 back....their #2 back/KR is a restricted free agent.  SD has 22 Free Agents this year....more than the Pats and the Pats have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds in a very deep draft..... Jests just lost their Offense in TJ and L Washington is looking elsewhere....Sanchez was bad last year and is coming off of knee surgery. They have 1 less free agent than the Pats and only re-signed 1.  The Pats now have 3 less holes to fill than the Jests.   The Jests didn't get better. Indy has 15 free agents and only signed 1....???  Where is the improvement? Steelers didn't make the playoffs and have 18 free agents....the resigned 2 and added a subpar WR or 2 to the roster....Where have they improved? Bengals have 17 FA, resigned 1 and added a good WR.....they have many more holes to fill.....where are their improvements? Baltimore has 23 Free agents, and has re-signed 1...but they added 2 good WR's....That makes 20 more holes to fill...more than NE and less draft picks. NO has 28 Free agents and only re-signed 2.....how have they improved? Minny lost their 3rd down back and has only 11 freeagents, they have lost 2 and resigned 2....they don't have a clue if their QB is staying or going.....  Green Bay has 17 free agents, resigned 3......they have less picks in the draft than NE.... Just curious on your idiotic post, but why have you thrown these teams as have improved when they have more holes than the Pats and less Picks? Do you see how dumb your statement looks now, in March?
    Posted by m1021us

Just replying to the Colts comment - Remember the colts were the second most injured team in the NFL last year. 

Of their FA's only 2 are unrestricted and the one who was a concern - Brackett - has been resigned.  The other is Matt Stover - gone if Viniateri is healthy.

Of the rest, they are RFA's which gives the colts the upper hand.  The colts ultimately get to wait for prices to be set, if I understand things correctly.  Those deemed too costly will go (see Marlin Jackson - injured the last 2 years). 

There are a couple of important question marks - Antoine Bethea, Charlie Johnson, and Melvin Bullitt.  In the end, I expect the colts to end this period very much intact. 

Oh - and all you have basically said in your arguement is that the pats have more picks.  As an outsider looking in, I don't recall rookies generally having a huge impact in Belichick's system.  Are you already looking forward to 2011?

25. This post has been removed.