Jets are coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KreepyKing. Show KreepyKing's posts

Re: Jets are coming

In Response to Re: Jets are coming:
    In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Not sure what your point is about both teams defenses but here is the facts. The Jets give up 20.8 points per game the Pat's 21.3 don't see much difference there do you? Total points allowed Jets 270 NE 274 don't see much difference there either. Again, what is your point? I would say that based on the most important defensive stat PPG the 2 D's are pretty much even.
    Posted by jri37

Given just how awful that Patriot  D is, it is absolutely amazing that they have only given up 21+ ppg.  When you are near bottom of the league in YPG allowed, that kind of thing (a relatively low PPG total) is an anomaly.  You can only play with fire for so long.  The truth is, Tom Brady makes that D look much better than it is.  Isn't that a horrible thought?  The Jets's offense, even while being top 10 in the NFL in scoring and it's special teams, as solid as they have been in returns and coverage have been responsible for 6-9 ppg.  Where as in NE, the opposite is true.  Tom Brady rescues that team nearly every week.  When he makes a single error, you fools are all over him and O'Brien.  Bill B knows that the D is one the NFLs weakest and he has ordered O'Brien and Brady to do what it takes to put 30 on the board or risk losing to teams like Washington & Indy. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The Big, Bad, Trash Talking NY Jets are the matchup I prefer to see above all others. Sh*t, I would love it if we played them every week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bill B knows that the D is one the NFLs weakest and he has ordered O'Brien and Brady to do what it takes to put 30 on the board or risk losing to teams like Washington & Indy.

Yes BB is soooooo afraid of teams like Washington & Indy & The Jest, that he's playing Wide Receivers as DB's.  Guess you forgot about Edelman blowing up lt. LOL
    Must have really chapped your a@@ to only score 16 against such a terrible D.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Don't tell their wives or their girlfriends.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Jets are coming:
    Would someone please best the Jets to eliminate them? Maybe the Giants . The Jets are the team I fear most in the play offs. They are building momentum and playing better than they gave at any time this year. Don't want to see them again
    Posted by rkarp

They have suxed all year as their fans do so how good is much better?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Just saying:
    Dallas-W27-24. Granted Romo gave them the game
    Jags-W32-3
    OAK-L24-34 Mangold hurt
    Ravens-L17-34 Mangold hurt, Ravens better team
    Pats-L21-30 Pats better team
    Dolphins-W24-6
    SD-W27-21
    Buff-W27-11
    Pats-L16-34 Pats better team
    Denver-L13-17 Trap game
    Buff-W28-24
    Wash-W34-19
    KC-W37-10

Lets hope Pats already played their trap game against the Skins and won. This is a team and a coach, and yes a QB that I do not wish to see again this year. Lets be done with them already.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Honestly, what have the Patriots showed you the last few years that leads you to believe that they can win against teams(any team) in the playoffs?  They get outcoached & outplayed. In addition, their D is getting worse in the passing game, running game and points allowed while playing cream puff teams.  Add to that the disappearing running game.  These are all things that are important to winning games in the playoffs. 
    Posted by JetMangione

While I do like your music, I will like it even more that the jokes will be watching the Play-offs from the stands. Big boast, no follow through. I will take the Pats and their record any time ovah the jokes and their blathering

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Dude, you are an idiot.  In his first two years as a head coach starting a rookie QB in his first year with 11 new starters, Rex made it to the AFC championship game.  In his second year, he knocked of the top seeded 14-2 Patriots en route to his second straight AFC championship game.  Do you know the last coach to do that?  Nobody, you freakin idiot.  Why don't you go look at Bills first 5 years and tell me how they compare, you fool.  Then tell me how Bill and Tom did during the last two years.  Nah, don't bother.  ZERO playoff wins.  Apparently, in New England, it takes 4 years (and counting) to rebuild to the point of being able to win a playoff game.
    Posted by JetMangione

Blah, Blah Blah Bkah Blah....did someone let the fat man in the room..........I haven't heard this much noise since the last Jokes post game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming : The 25th ranked offense that is 6th in the NFL in scoring?  The Jets are not the same team, you're right on that one.  They are better.  The offense scores a few points more per game than last year and the D is a point per game worse.  Replacing 5 or 6 probowlers in one offseason takes a little time.  It took the Jets about half the year.  Of course, that is nothing compared to the 3 year rebuilding project in New England we keep hearing about.  Looks like we'll hear more of the same again this offseason. 
    Posted by JetMangione

The Jets are not the same team, you're right on that one.  They are better. REALLY. is this what helps you sleep at night?

Thank you Lord I was not born a Jokes fan...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

wow, so much similarity to the last 2 years it is pretty scary.  Jets stumble early in the season but come on strong at the end of the year.  The last 2 years it was good enough to get us into the playoffs to make some noise.  We still have 3 games left to go so it will be interesting to see if Rex actually plans during the season to have his team at its best in December.  I already know the answer to this.  Rex has said that everything the Jets do is geared to have them at their best at the end of the season.  That goes for everything down to strength and conditioning.  Rex isnt as dumb as some pasts fans think. Rocky, quit being obtuse.  If you think you have a better team the last couple of years you are wrong.  the better team won 2 playoff games each of the past 2 years.  Blame it on rebuilding but your defense is offensive.  Anyway you slice it, mumbles mcghee is having a tough time with the better teams come playoff time where we have been able to hang tough and come out on top.  Finesse dont get it done against the JETS, RAVENS and STEELERS.  You get knocked the F out when you come to a bully in the playoffs. No really, you get knocked the F out!!!
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Enjoy your popcorn, looooong off season for the Jokes, I thought they had all ready gone home, no one seams to be talking about them anymore..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Given just how awful that Patriot  D is, it is absolutely amazing that they have only given up 21+ ppg.  When you are near bottom of the league in YPG allowed, that kind of thing (a relatively low PPG total) is an anomaly.  You can only play with fire for so long.  The truth is, Tom Brady makes that D look much better than it is.  Isn't that a horrible thought?  The Jets's offense, even while being top 10 in the NFL in scoring and it's special teams, as solid as they have been in returns and coverage have been responsible for 6-9 ppg.  Where as in NE, the opposite is true.  Tom Brady rescues that team nearly every week.  When he makes a single error, you fools are all over him and O'Brien.  Bill B knows that the D is one the NFLs weakest and he has ordered O'Brien and Brady to do what it takes to put 30 on the board or risk losing to teams like Washington & Indy. 
    Posted by KreepyKing

Bye Bye, have a nice off season. Does suxing get easier.....by the way what are the power rankings today?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Bill B knows that the D is one the NFLs weakest and he has ordered O'Brien and Brady to do what it takes to put 30 on the board or risk losing to teams like Washington & Indy. Yes BB is soooooo afraid of teams like Washington & Indy & The Jest, that he's playing Wide Receivers as DB's.  Guess you forgot about Edelman blowing up lt. LOL Must have really chapped your a@@ to only score 16 against such a terrible D.
    Posted by pezz4pats

No come on pezz- that was the sux a-- jokes we played then.

These fine fellows are talking about the "new improved" Jokes. They are much better, ask the fat coach, he always says they are going to win it all, you can trust him and his little dog sanchize too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont want to get in the middle, but GMBILL is right. Jets have more to hang their hats on the past 2 years. Pats are winning ugly...I know a win is a win...but I think the D is getting worse. Jets/Ryan are salivating to play the Pats again...
    I know Rusty will call me names and point out incorrect info, but the facts are the facts...proven out over the past 2 years..
    I repeat, I want no part of this Jets team in the playoffs. I hope the Giants and Eagles take care of business

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Honestly, what have the Patriots showed you the last few years that leads you to believe that they can win against teams(any team) in the playoffs?  They get outcoached & outplayed. In addition, their D is getting worse in the passing game, running game and points allowed while playing cream puff teams.  Add to that the disappearing running game.  These are all things that are important to winning games in the playoffs. 
    Posted by JetMangione

The Patriots with their god-awful defense have given up 274 points.  The Jets with their vaunted all-pro defense have given up 270 points. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Right, because Eric Smith and Brodney Pool didn't do the job in the playoffs when Leonhard when down last year. Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.   
    Posted by JetMangione

Hernandez didn't play, but those who didn't learn the history definitely can't learn anything from it

Dreessen, Daniels, Hernandez, and Gronkowski will pwn Eric Smith, just like every slot matchup has all year

And history should tell you that your defensive ends have changed quite drastically, and for the worse.  Your run defense is nothing like it was last year precisely because DeVito, Wilkerson, and Pouha are all too inconsistent, especially against teams with versatile tight ends who can run or pass, thereby bypassing the personnel substitutions that the Jets now have to make to get a pass rush versus play run defense.

Weak sauce

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I dont want to get in the middle, but GMBILL is right. Jets have more to hang their hats on the past 2 years. Pats are winning ugly...I know a win is a win...but I think the D is getting worse. Jets/Ryan are salivating to play the Pats again... I know Rusty will call me names and point out incorrect info, but the facts are the facts...proven out over the past 2 years.. I repeat, I want no part of this Jets team in the playoffs. I hope the Giants and Eagles take care of business
    Posted by rkarp

You got me wrong stranger, Jets sux this year Patriots are doing just fine and will make it to the playoffs. From there we will see.

to recap JETS sux! Patriots just fine (Way better than Jets who Sux)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I welcome fat Rex and the Jests back to the boro come January. I would llike nothing more than for BB and Brady to stomp their guts into oblivion and hang another 40 something point game on them, while Sanchez gets treated like a ragdoll.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I welcome fat Rex and the Jests back to the boro come January. I would llike nothing more than for BB and Brady to stomp their guts into oblivion and hang another 40 something point game on them, while Sanchez gets treated like a ragdoll.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Oh. Me too. 

I just don't think they can go into Houston or Denver and beat either of those teams. Those are REALLY bad matchups for them.

The Jests were built to play teams like NE and the Colts.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

What is this love affair that everyone has with Houston and Denver?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I dont' think either team is special. But the Broncos already beat the Jets, and Houston is very similar.

When your best defenders are corners, facing teams that essentially are limited to mashing the ball is a huge drawback. 

It's just a bad matchup for me. 

The Jets lose fairly consistently to run first, power offenses that have great defenses to back it up. Houston is that ... and the Broncos have played like that for a while now.

Sections
Shortcuts