Jets are coming

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Jets are coming

In Response to Re: Jets are coming:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : So 0-2 in the playoffs is a better year than 4-2. Coming with 13 points of playing the in the Super Bowl one year and 5 points the next, is worse than being three games away one year and two the next? Their seasons were not successful based on the measurement of championships, but they got closer to it then the Patriots have. Can we stop pretending like it hasn't 4 seasons since the Pats were in the SB and 7 seasons since they won it. This team needs to get back to where it was in 2003-2004, and stop pretending like we have been dominating the NFL for the last 7 years.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

People always remember the losers of the conference championship games.  It's almost as good as winning the Super Bowl.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Pat's have consistently been in playoffs lately then one-and-done....
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

YOUR team on the other hand, has made it twice lately and been 2 and done.  Prize for that equals what?  Be proud of something worth being proud of.  LIKE YOUR SUPERMODEL NEWS ANCHOR WIFE THING  <3  I luuuuuuuuuuvvvzzz her.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : So 0-2 in the playoffs is a better year than 4-2. Coming with 13 points of playing the in the Super Bowl one year and 5 points the next, is worse than being three games away one year and two the next? Their seasons were not successful based on the measurement of championships, but they got closer to it then the Patriots have. Can we stop pretending like it hasn't 4 seasons since the Pats were in the SB and 7 seasons since they won it. This team needs to get back to where it was in 2003-2004, and stop pretending like we have been dominating the NFL for the last 7 years.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Holy FLlCK  READ WHAT YOU WROTE!!!!!!!!!  Then look at ALL of the 31 other teams and count how many/how far back/how long between. We HAVE been dominating.  The Jests?  They feel like its a HUGE accomplishment just beating us in the playoffs and nothing else, what do you think that means about how dominating we are?  Only team that can compare is the Steelers, and heck, THEY havent won it for a while, and they only won 2 recently.  Dang, YOU are the one pretending. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Well, what I said was more successfull.  Once again, you are running from the truth.  With a first time head coach in his first and second years with a rookie and second year QB, the Jets have been better than Tom Brady and the genius.  That's the only point.  The goal is to win it all.  Jets didn't, Pats didn't, 31 teams a year didn't, Jets have been better than the Pats, who haven't won a playoff game since 4 seasons back.  End of story.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

And yet, with all their accomplishments, still haven't won a Super Bowl in 42(soon to be 43) years.  Has any other team ever been so misfortunate? 
    Or such a joke?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Just wondering... IF the JESTS! make it in by a game, which game would it be that put them over the top? Would it be the win vs 'Skins? The Jags? The Chiefs? Or, the 'Boys? Would it be the season finale in Miami? A team needs them all. Doesn't matter... the teams with the most wins get into the playoffs. It says nothing about the quality of their wins. If you start discounting that, then I suggest that an "*" needs to go up next to the Patriots if they get a #1 or 2 seed. Then, let's not forget the absolute outrage that the 2008 Patriots, sans Brady, failed to get in despoite a 11-5 record. Further inspection of the record shows that 4 of the 5 losses were decisive and against the eventual playoff participants. Where was teh "quality of win" standard during all that angst? 
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]
    You must have completely missed the point of my post. The point is that they might make the playoffs, but they haven't proven they can get it done against quality teams. That is because all of their losses are against teams with winning records and only one of their wins is against a winning team. Even if they do make the playoffs, the chances of them winning it all is slim to none.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jests are coming, Jests are going home on the evening train. Jests are done.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Sure.  The Patriots for the first 40 years of their existence.  A few wins 7, 8, & 10 years ago does not erase that.  Suddenly, you think you're the Yankees?

I'll take 7,8,10 years over 43 any day.  And ya, compared to the Jests, The Pats are the yankees without the payroll.
    Pats, 6 SB appearances, Jest 1.
    In Fact The Pats Have more SB appearances than the Jest and Giants combined.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : It's pretty slim for 31 teams.
    If you want to analyze it like a moron, sure. The fact is that the flaws teams have typically don't clear themselves up come playoff time. You can't ignore a team's flaws, and the Jets have played pretty bad football all year. They have a victory against one winning team. The winning teams have a better chance at a superbowl than the losing teams, do they not? I have watched many Jets games this year and I highly doubt they can win the superbowl. You would be a fool to ignore a team's entire body of work.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Ah yes, one better is BFD, 2 better is complete domination.  Brilliant!

Yawn........

So you can sleep better Mangione....... 

Image Detail

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I agree, I don't want to see the Jets again.

And Taylor Price catches a 21 yard pass for the Jags, go figure.  Maybe Brady is too tough on these young guys. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : And yet again, more deflection from something a whole lot more relevant to the present. Willie Joe is not the QB, Weeb is not the coach and Rex's Jets have still been better.

Unless you have some sort of title associated with your supposed accomplishment, claims of being better are rather moot.  What do you have in that light to bring to the "we were better" discussion?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Jets are coming": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : Sure.  The Patriots for the first 40 years of their existence.  A few wins 7, 8, & 10 years ago does not erase that.  Suddenly, you think you're the Yankees? Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE] Friend, no one in the Boston metro area wouldn't flatten you for comparing any team of theirs to the Yankees. I can assure you, such a thought never entered their collective or individual minds. The Jests are done my friend, they are done. Fat Rex is at the end of his tether. And btw, "a few wins"? You're a minimalist I see? 21 in a row at one point, 18 in a row later, and three Super Bowl victories (four if not for a once in fifty year stupid Catch by Tyree). In the meantime, your Jests have done exactly what? Win one playoff game at the Razor? The facts, friend, are not fair.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Lets compare the first 40 years (1960-1999) between Jets and Pats. Just for fun.

Pats
    W-L-T: 275-310-9
    Winning Seasons: 19
    Playoff Appearances: 10
    Playoff Wins: 7
    Division Championships: 5
    Conference Championships: 2
    Super Bowl Titles: 0

Jets
    W-L: 259-327-8
    Winning Seasons: 10
    Playoff Appearances: 8
    Playoff Wins: 6
    Division Championships: 3
    Conference Championships: 1
    Super Bowl Titles: 1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Ultimately, neither team has been good enough to win the Super Bowl and truly that is what counts.

I think Pats fans focus a little bit too much on the Jets. We are going to have beat the Ravens and/or Steelers to make the Super Bowl. Neither of those are going to be easy games. If the Jets make it, they will be the sixth and the Patriots will only meet them if the Pats lose one of they last three (and Houston plus Baltimore or Pittsburgh win out). Or if the Jets advance and we meet them in a later round.

We should focus on getting the bye right now.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : If you mean by "we"-us fans-then we have nothing to do with a bye.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

No, but "we" the fans are the ones obsessing about the Jets. I am pretty sure that the team and BB are not worrying about them right now!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, I don't want to see the Jets again. And Taylor Price catches a 21 yard pass for the Jags, go figure.  Maybe Brady is too tough on these young guys. 
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]

their best receiver today

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets are coming : I dont' think either team is special. But the Broncos already beat the Jets, and Houston is very similar. When your best defenders are corners, facing teams that essentially are limited to mashing the ball is a huge drawback.  It's just a bad matchup for me.  The Jets lose fairly consistently to run first, power offenses that have great defenses to back it up. Houston is that ... and the Broncos have played like that for a while now.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Their run defense was good when Pouha was the second best defensive lineman, they still had Shaun Ellis, and Kris Jenkins was healthy.  Jenkins' decision not to wear a brace was gruesome and I almost felt bad for him except that he chose not to wear a brace, which is beyond me for someone who plays inside the box and tore a knee ligament (terrible things happen inside the tackle box - I played nose tackle) (even that he was a Jet, I still felt bad to see a guy's career end)

Anyhow, Jets' run defense isn't what it was with Jenkins-Pouha-Ellis

Sections
Shortcuts