Jets are coming

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Jets are coming

do you know how to read? I said I hadnt started a thread in about 2 years, and I occasionally comment on others Jets threads just to prove you wrong.

Right on cue you show a thread 2 years old, showing yourself to be wrong yet again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I just read the entire thread. Funny, I have been bludgeoning Rusty for 2 years now!

RKarp-seemingly undefeated

Rusty-not even in the game

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

repeat, I clearly said I hadnt started a thread in a couple of years other then 2 months ago when I won our bet regarding the salary cap issue

so you and Rusty JR pull out a 2 year old thread and mention the bet I won 2 months ago

tears!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Let it go, guys. Doesn't matter.

What matters is if or when the Jets will be relevant again. With Revis gone and Sancheese still there it really doesn't matter this year. They're toast, and it's only a matter of time before Rexy Ryan is out - and the buttfumbler as well.

IMO maybe they are competitive again around '15, if they strike gold with the #1 pick next year...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Let it go, guys. Doesn't matter.

What matters is if or when the Jets will be relevant again. With Revis gone and Sancheese still there it really doesn't matter this year. They're toast, and it's only a matter of time before Rexy Ryan is out - and the buttfumbler as well.

IMO maybe they are competitive again around '15, if they strike gold with the #1 pick next year...

all depends on Idzik. He will stock pile draft choices and hoard cap space for a year and then really start the rebuild in 14. Can he draft the correct rookies and sign the correct free agents? Time will tell, but he doesnt have Brady to hide any of his mistakes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

They have no depth in so many places it will take flawless drafting this year and next. They need to dump Sanchez sooner rather than later - but as I recall his contract extension will create a ton of dead money when they do.

As a Pats fan, it will be a sad day when Sanchez is no longer a Jet. The buttfumble on Thanksgiving (and my birthday) is just so d*mn epic.

QB is a mess, RB, TE, OLB, CB, S are all thin, and a lot of current starters are average or maybe slightly better than average. Their two best players as of now? Holmes returning after injury, and who? Cromartie? Dawan Landry? Mangold? Not real gamechangers in my book.

I agree the rebuild truly starts in '14, I just think it is going to take a few years from there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

They have no depth in so many places it will take flawless drafting this year and next. They need to dump Sanchez sooner rather than later - but as I recall his contract extension will create a ton of dead money when they do.

As a Pats fan, it will be a sad day when Sanchez is no longer a Jet. The buttfumble on Thanksgiving (and my birthday) is just so d*mn epic.

QB is a mess, RB, TE, OLB, CB, S are all thin, and a lot of current starters are average or maybe slightly better than average. Their two best players as of now? Holmes returning after injury, and who? Cromartie? Dawan Landry? Mangold? Not real gamechangers in my book.

I agree the rebuild truly starts in '14, I just think it is going to take a few years from there.

Lets hope it takes forever! Idzik is a smart guy, I think he gets them to 500 in 14 and looking at playoffs in 15. He will turnover the roster in 3 years. Similar to what BB did but Idzix doesnt have Brady

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Their new general manager was just promoted from a lowlier underling position at the Seattle Seahawks.  At Seattle his management team saw a total of 44 team victories and 52 losses.  It's not as if he comes from an above-500 team.  It's always possible that he was the diamond in the rough at Seattle, not one of the lead weights dragging the team down to an average of 7-9 or 6-10 per season.

Also, he never was a general manager before, so maybe he needs to make his mistakes first, get them out of the way.  The draft hits in 2 days.   We'll see whether or not he has gotten his troops ready and able to pounce on every other team's small drafting mistakes.  I wonder if Rex Ryan will demand his personal player choices over the new colorless GM's personal opinions. 

In John Idlik's first major move, he got rid of that malcontent Revis Island.  Interesting move.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts