jets are getting a free pass into the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

jets are getting a free pass into the playoffs

first the colts pull there starters,and now i am hearing that the bengals wont be playing there starters,or maybe just for one half.which means the pats will be playing the jets in the first round of the playoffs.i hope the pats crush them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Re: jets are getting a free pass into the playoffs

Good Like the idea of destroying the Jets! maybe the o will mix it up and get Moss the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whiskey212. Show Whiskey212's posts

We can't play the jets in the Wild card round... If the jets win the Pats automatically gain the 3rd seed. #3 plays #6 (likely Baltimore) ..If the Jets lose they are out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yeah, I was thinking that for the last week of regular season, all the games should be played on Sunday at 1:00 P.M., .....but that won't ever happen because of $$

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

WHO CARES?!! They still have Mark Sanchez, and a horrible offense. I don't care how good your defense is, if you can't score points you can't win games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Considering how the Jets road to the playoffs wasn't exactly "stressful", playing their last two games against teams who had no reason to go all out, there will always be that lingering question: "Were the Jets REALLY playing at their best in order to get into the playoffs?"  Playing hard against mostly backups for the later part of a game is a totally different atmosphere than playing had against the other team's starters to gain the victory.  If they do make it, playing Cincy or the Pats on the road, they will not be seeing any backups at all and are playing teams who have a reason to play hard for 60 minutes. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

STOP THE MADNESS!!! STOP THE WHINING ABOUT THE JESTS POSSIBLY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Fool! Instead of coming up with this whiny drivel, take a few seconds, nay HOURS to take a good look (and I mean a GOOOOODDDDDD look) at the Pats' 2009 season. They could/SHOULD be 11-5 when the final gun sounds Sunday. But, let's look at the 5 losses. They "gave" 3 away (Colts, Fins, and Broncos). So, instead of being 11-5, they SHOULD have been 14-2, and the #2 seed with a first round bye, NOT the #3 or #4 having to pl;ay one more game.

The Pats and any other football team OR IT'S FANS have no reasonable expectation of claiming who should/should not be in the playoffs and why, especially when their own tram goes our and plays Santa Claus 3X's in the season, giving away wins.

Do you think that maybe, JUST maybe, the Fins, Jags, and every other AFC team with 8-7 0r 7-8 record were screaming blood murder when the Pats gave away a win in Denver in October? Or, is that "gift" less important because of WHEN it happened, not that it actuially took place. When the Pats gave away the win in Miami, did we hear the Broncos, Jests!, or any of the other 8-7/7-8 teams whining about the Pats giving the Fins a "gimmie"? Let's be honest here. If last week's Colt decision resulted in the Texans being in teh catbird seat this week (win and they're in, no matter what else happens), would you be whining about it? I seriously doubt it, and I'll say that now, tomorrow, and next week.

Finally, and I LOVE this point, show me the "solid lock, air tight, guarantee" that the Colts were going to beat the JESTS! last week. As a Pats fan, I don't care if the Cots ran the table and won a SB. At least it would shut up Motor Mouth Morris, like nothing else ever could (I doubt if death could even do this, as I'm positive the Alphabet Network would more than likely dig him up for an interview). We all know what it takes to accomplish this. If they (Colts) wanted to take the tact they did, so what? Remember one important thing: how do they know how their backups will play IF they don't get the chance? Would you feel better if in their first game, Old Horse Face takes a hit and has to leave the game? Wayne gets his clock cleaned and gets carried off? Dallas Clark gets arrested for armed robbery the night before the game and can't play? and then their backups come in and lay the egg they laid last Sunday? Make you feel any better?

The Pats gave away 3 wins, so they and ESPECIALLY us fans need to shut up about who and how any other team gets in to the playoffs. The Pats control their destiny every Sunday and horribly blew it on three occaisions. THAT'S what we need to deal with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I got a feeling the bengals are not going to lay down.  You don' want to let a team in the playoffs and then face them the next week and allow that team to eliminate you.  The Bengals (and the Pats) are going for the win.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It's quite possible that the Pats and the Bengals will both play to win this week. I actually started out the week thinking we might play a quarter to a quarter and a half and pull the starters but right now I'm not so sure. There has been a lot of hoopla about the Colts tanking and I have a feeling both the Colts and the Bengals might go Ba!!s to the wall to win before they pull their starters out. I almost welcome it at this point after seeing what the Colts did last week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

There is also the fact that the Pats have had difficulty finishing games through the season. This might keep the starters in later.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"The Pats and any other football team OR IT'S FANS have no reasonable expectation of claiming who should/should not be in the playoffs and why, especially when their own tram goes our and plays Santa Claus 3X's in the season, giving away wins."

I don't think anyone here has any illusions about trying to legislate who should be in the playoffs. It's just that the mere thought of the Jerks having even artificial bogus success makes me want to throw up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I like the Jets making the playoffs...  They...they make sad, like an ugly stray dog at the pound before it's euthenized.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I don't like the Jets in the playoffs.

I find it confusing. I wonder why they are on TV and start to think it is still the regular season.

It just makes no sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I just want to see Rex Ryan cry tears of joy again. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

If the cost of stopping the Dolts from a 16-0 season is the Jets making the playoffs, I am all for paying the price.  Plus keeping the Steelers out is a nice byproduct.  1 less phony team of the decade trying to steal our thunder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'll bet that Moss would like to play the Jets again.

We will see how long Revis can hang with Moss now that our O-line is healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I don't like the Jets in the playoffs.

I find it confusing. I wonder why they are on TV and start to think it is still the regular season.

It just makes no sense.

LMAO...Good Stuff.  Thanx root, I needed that...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wow, what a horrible post up there. 

"The Pats gave away three wins."

Well, the Colts earned their win. Tom Brady was coming back from a knee injury but that doesn't mean they wanted to lose to the Broncs. 

You need to understand there is a huge difference between intentionally resting players and losing games where your team did not play well for whatever reason, usually several. You seem fixated on the notion that everybody thinks the Colts would have beat the Jets if Peyton had been playing. The issue is not whether they would have won but whether they should have rested their key players. Personally I was glad it happened so no arguments from me. 

I personally think it's annoying that the Jets could make the playoffs having the benefit of playing teams that are resting starters, but that's not the Jets fault, that's the NFL's, and the rules committee will be looking into it in the offseason. 

You realize, don't you, that nothing ever changes for the better if you shut up and don't say anything right? 

Sections
Shortcuts