Jets are toast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Jets are toast

Thoughts? You're as troll. Leon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Let's-

DL- Ellis- slow & undersized. serviceable yes, great no.

Sione puoha- 33tackles / 2 a game. non issue player . going up against Kris Dielman, the meanest, toughest guy on the SD squad.  

Marques Douglas- Jets fans love him, nobody else has ever heard of this guy because he hasn't done anything.

LB-
    Bryan Thomas - among his stats include 1, yes 1 pass defenced all year long. They better not put this guy on Gates.

Bart Scott- The best of the bunch. at 240 though can be pushed around.

David Harris - 127 tackles, did not practice yesterday, hurt ankle. ut oh

Calvin pace- decent, at 265 and some sacks.

DB-Kerry Rhodes & Jim leonard will have a long day. These guys must stay at home on play action or else TD. I know Rex will have them cheat up, cant wait.

OL- very simply, not as good as SD. Jets 30 sacks.hmm
    proof- http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go   

QB - rookie forced to play catch up in the playoffs = LOSS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

sday, honestly I don't think most of our players give a darn about the Jets going further in the playoffs.  That attitude is missing from previous years, we brought in too many players that see this is a another job not as a special place and team to be on.

IMHO I don't think 70% of the team cares

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Leon
    If by nervous, you mean predicting a realistic perspective 14 point W for SD, then, why yes nervous. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Jar59...Agree to point.  But they had the luck of the those two weeks (i.e. Colts and Bengals) when those teams geared down.

They played a Bengals team in the 1st round that is flawed and not playing the way they did earlier. 

Also, their QB is a rookie. 

On the plus side, their defense is the real deal.  Kudos to them for assembling a talented unit.  Even without Jenkins they are strong. I have no idea about their cap situation in view of the CBA and an uncapped year.  But they have always operated in this fashion that's why when they fall they fall hard and you have those up and down years. 

To move on they will have to beat SD and the Colts on the road.  Tall order.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

On another note, who would have ever figured that the Giants, especially the way the defense looked in 2007 would fall so far?  Just goes to show you that you can indeed turn things around quickly.....both ways.  This game is talent but it's also emotion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

Yes the Jets are toast...

By the way, why so many comparisons to the Gianrs?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dynasty9600. Show Dynasty9600's posts

Not me. I'm rooting for the Jets, Baltimore and Indy.  I'd love to see any of the 3 go all the way, particularly the Jets or Colts.  Nothing better than burning you Boston whiners. 18-1*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

9600chump

Well, considering SD is taking out your list of 3, I'd say you're off base. I'll stay after the game to watch REX do the thorazine (antipsychotic tranquilizer) shuffle in astonishment. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rivers has matured and still has guts. Norv now understands (partly) that he has the offensive weapons to carry the Chargers to the AFCCG. The Chargers should be able to hold the running game in check. How many picks will Sanchize  throw ? Could see the battle of The Trade ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

JHR, I say 2 costly picks. what's the battle of The Trade ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd say the Jets will probably win. They have the better defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Good luck this weekend, jbolted.  Rooting for your boys. 

And good luck with Leon.  The good news is, he can't keep up with you.  The bad news is, a village somewhere is missing an idiot. 

Speaking of which, I'm the idiot that wrote, 5 weeks ago, that the Jets were "done."  Oops.  I don't think SD wins by 2 TDs, though; I think it's 4-7 points.  Love to see a flatout whooping, if only to see Ryan complain to the media.

Good luck and enjoy!  To be honest, I think the Jets would've beaten the Colts again.  But they're not getting by the Chargers, whom I have winning it all over Dallas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

As much as it pains me to say it, Go Chargers..
    for the next two games at least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Thanks to all.

I know the jets have been playin' better, but this is the end of road.

And to Leon & fireman Ed, click below:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

ew - great new avatar.

I am going out on a limb and saying that the 2010 AFCCG will pit the Jets at the Ravens.

I am seriously 50/50 on both games this weekend. Maybe 60/40 for the Chargers, but it goes back and forth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'd have more confidence in the bolts if they had any real record of achievement. Naturally, I want to see the jests get b*tch slapped but the bolts seem to be one of the biggest underachievers of the NFL. Plus they're saddled with Norm's playoff record. 

I'll be rooting for them and I believe they're the better team but, as we all know, the better team doesn't always win in the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

I guess since the Bolts are SO much better than the Jets, the line should be more than 7. Why isn't is??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I don't envision a 14 point game at all. In fact, if Dirty Sanchez keeps the INTs below 2, I can see the Jets winning it, as unpalatable as that sounds.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Well, I just saw this on youtube. The number one reason why the team loses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Ok. I'm rooting for someone. Painful as all this has become. The last thing I want to see is the Jerks in the Super Bowl. So I'm hoping San Diego and Arizona make it with Arizona winning since we beat the bleep out of them last year. As with anything, this has a downside. Kurt Warner would have an opportunity to spout.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Why do they show a crazy homeless man when LT says "Say hi to your wife"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Yapple - I am with you on Arizona with the exception that I like Warner. His wife on the other hand...

Seattle - I think that is another Danian - kind of like those Nike commercials with LeBron where he plays 4 different people. 

(Actually it isn't the Danian, but I might actually like this guy if it were.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Jbolted, as much as it pains me to say it...here we go....GO............ CHARGERS!

I don't trust the Sanchize to beat the Colts, would like to see the Chargers take out the Jets and Colts (or Ravens if it comes to that) and head for the Super Bowl. Big gulp, I'll probably root for the Chargers again....

Jeez what is the world coming to? 

I thought the Jets got tough luck with the Pats losing, the Jets match up better with Indy than the Chargers in my view. I expect Revis to do a good, if not perfect, job on Jackson but that leave Gates and the other Chargers wideouts unaccounted for. 

Once more with feeling (and a Boston accent)....."SAN DIEGO SUPAHHH CHARGAHHHHS"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

That's really the point-it's not that we want the Chargers to win, we want the team that stands the best chance to beat the Colts to win!! so go Chargers (can't believe I dislike the Colts more than the Jets)