Jets best in the East???????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Jets best in the East???????????

In Response to Re: Jets best in the East???????????:
    They're still stuck with Sanchez and he's coming off major knee surgery. Why doesn't anyone point out that they don't have a QB? Does anyone really think these diva receivers are going to block for running plays? What does Holmes owe the Jets? He's a proven performer who deserves a new contract; so now all of a sudden he's going to play lights out for his rookie deal? I doubt it. If Favre was still a Jet I'd be nervous but they have INT machine Sanchez back there gimping it up after knee surgery. What happens when he goes down?
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

he had minor knee surgery.....it was scoped.  He had less minor surgery than Manning had 2 years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

We're still kidding ourselves about "character issues"? Hello, Rex Ryan loves that in his players. Did we all forget that Braylon Edwards had "character issues" in Cleaveland? And Bart Scott helped cost the Ravens the game in '07, or that Ray Lewis was arrested for murder? Or that Fatty wants a no talent loud mouth, aka Adalius Thomas, just so he can try to say he's a better coach than Belichick if he succeeds in NY?  Right now the Jets are better than the Pats, but The Pats are working the draft instead of trades and Free Agency. No need to panic just yet, wait till the draft. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Exactly my point thank you, right now they are better but lets see who has the last laugh.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Everything is dependent on Sanchise, if he has a bad year they go nowhere. They have great D, but we knew that already. I do agree on the level of maturity and comparisons to Cowboys and Chargers.....loads of talent....never won anything. How many media pundits will crawl out of the woodwork to proclaim that the Jets have surpassed the Pats in the AFC East ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

We'll see about Sanchez. He did start to come around in the playoffs last year, but we can't take away from the struggles he had. He also didn't face any great defenses in the playoffs either. The only really good defense he played in the playoffs was the Chargers, and he had 100 yards with one td and one int. The Colts and Bengals don't have the greatest defenses. He was a turnover machine during the regular season so it'll be interesting to see if it was growth or bad games by the Bengals and Colts defenses.

With a year under his belt he isn't going to be the NFLs pretty boy newcomer anymore. He is going to have to take blame for his struggles instead of using the "I'm just a rookie" card. It'll also be interesting to see what happens if he has a few really bad games in a row like he did last year. He isn't a rookie anymore, and there are going to be backup QBs at his throat itching for playing time.

We can't deny he has more weapons, though. He does have three very good receivers now (if Holmes isn't suspended for a decent amount of time). However, if LT really is done, and Greene can't handle an entire season (Steve Slaton?), then teams will put more emphasis on stopping the passing game. We'll see if Sanchez can handle it. There are also rumors that Leon Washington was in the trade for Holmes...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Everyone who is pointing to Rodriguez . . .   errrr . . .    Gonzales . . .   well, whatever his name is, is correct. Quite simply, Green New Jersey can't score. Teams are going to stack the box and invite Chili Cheez Fries to beat them and I'll be very surprised if he can do it. Last time the Pats played this team, it looked like the Pats caught more of Juarez' passes than his own players did. I don't see how bringing in different receivers is going to cure that. Add in the not unimportant fact that Green New Jersey outkicked its coverage last season, and believes it is much better than it is, and this team is ripe for a stunning dose of reality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Everyone who is pointing to Rodriguez . . .   errrr . . .    Gonzales . . .   well, whatever his name is, is correct. Quite simply, Green New Jersey can't score. Teams are going to stack the box and invite Chili Cheez Fries to beat them and I'll be very surprised if he can do it. Last time the Pats played this team, it looked like the Pats caught more of Juarez' passes than his own players did. I don't see how bringing in different receivers is going to cure that. Add in the not unimportant fact that Green New Jersey outkicked its coverage last season, and believes it is much better than it is, and this team is ripe for a stunning dose of reality.
    Posted by p-mike

Without Thomas Jones, teams might not even need to stack the box. I really believe LT is done and I'm not sure Greene can handle a years worth of running. One of them is bound to get injured at some point, and Leon Washington is most likely gone (according to rumors that are coming out). Sproles ran better than LT last year, and LT is only getting older from here on out. He's going to struggle and the rest of the team is going to eat him alive.

The same goes for Sanchez. You don't go from passing 12 TDs and 20 INTs to 50 TDs and 8 INTs in one offseason. The guy was only a 53% passer last year! I'm expecting a 16 TD, 18 INT season with a 56% completion percentage and around 2,600 yards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Well I think they got Holmes for  steal, but he does have baggage. The problem with the Jets is their head coach. I think he's very stubborn and doesn't adapt well to make the necessary changes as the game progresses. He's a one trick pony. You know the blitz is coming. You know he's going to try and run the ball. The only question is can you stop it? They do have talent on that team obviously, but the more I look at that team the more I see his father coaching the same way. Rex likes to compare his defense and team to the 85' Bears but the game has moved on since then. They  won't be serious contenders unless Sanchez develops into an elite Qb.