Jets - Browns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Re: Jets - Browns

In Response to Re: Jets - Browns:
    In Response to Jets - Browns : I know one thing: Jets have been given a lot of games lately. Could have lost to Denver (needed a 4th and 10 interference calland the Broncos s*ck), should have lost to Detroit (who woke up and remembered they are Detroit 56 minutes into the game) and looked awfully up and down in beating the 4-5 Browns (and needed almost 5 full quarters to do it). With all their unearned ego and bragging without accomplishing anything, I would expect better. And this is the soft part of their schedule. A shaky 7-2 that could be (should be?) 5-4 or 4-5 if they played better teams who knew how to finish games. Frankly, I am not too impressed.
    Posted by JintsFan

Very true. If they were winning these games against top-flight teams, I'd have some respect for them. The thing is, they're barely coming through on teams that they probably won't see in January.

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the play of Mark Sanchez. He's just not mentally tough. Get pressure on him early, and it throws his game off. There was a period of time today where the Browns got good pressure on him several times, and it took him quite a while to regain his confidence. If you notice, when Sanchez plays well, the team as a whole look almost unbeatable. When he doesn't it gets ugly.

Another thing I noticed is that the Jets defense isn't nearly as intimidating as it was last year. They're tough, no doubt, but certainlly solveable.
    We'll see the Jets in the playoffs, but I don't think they have what it takes to knock down the top teams like the Steelers, Giants, Colts, Saints (I won't say the Pats are a sho-in to beat the Jets yet for two reasons: 1) They beat us earlier in the season, so that gives some credence to the idea that the Jets could beat us in a rematch. 2). The Pats offense seems a bit out-of-sorts lately. If they beat the Steelers, that changes everything).

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Jets - Browns : You're right on, friend.  Are these the numbers of a solid QB, 27/44 299 yards 2 TD 1 pick and a 87.2 Rating?  That is awful.  Sanchez has no control over the game. 
    Posted by PhatRex

In Response to Re: Jets - Browns : I agree completely.  In fact, the NFL should start posting the "should be" record based on what you think should have happened.  This whole business of using the final score is absurd. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Look what the cat dragged in......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Look who beat the Browns after the Pats got crushed by them.  Can we end the discussion about the patsies being a better team now.
    Posted by PhatRex

Trying to determine who the best team is will not work and will never work.

Each week is different, and any given team can beat any given team on any given week. 

We'll see who's the best team in January.

Also, could you try to be a little less offensive? It's rather ridiculous when a Jets fan comes to a Pats forum and acts like a jerk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Jets - Browns : My thoughts exactly. Joking aside, the Jets are by far the luckiest team in the league. No way they win that game if they play the Saints, Colts, Steelers, or the Pats.
    Posted by TheCommittee

You mean they didn't beat the Pats earlier this year? And Cleveland didn't beat us last week?

I mean, I am all for hating the Jets, but don't pretend they haven't done anything. They are a serious contender for the AFC East this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You know... when you look at the standings tomorrow morning, the Jets' record will be 7 - 2...  and there willl not be any explanations like.. "last minutes wins over Broncos, Lions and Browns.  But, PhatRex....  with the Giants losing to the Cowboys, the saying "any given Sunday" is holding very true. So, just because the Jets beat the Browns today, while the Pats failed to show up against the same Browns last week, and the Jets lost to the Ravens at home while the Pats beat the Ravens at home...blah, blah, blah... this in the middle of the season trash talking means nothing.. bragging rights only count in January.  You win NOTHING with a 7 - 2 record at this point of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Jets - Browns : Trying to determine who the best team is will not work and will never work. Each week is different, and any given team can beat any given team on any given week.  We'll see who's the best team in January. Also, could you try to be a little less offensive? It's rather ridiculous when a Jets fan comes to a Pats forum and acts like a jerk.
    Posted by vertigho

His jerk meter is a lot lower than most here, IMO, especially when he has a right to respond to some others accusations about his posts and/or flawed homeristic logic; pretty lame stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You know... when you look at the standings tomorrow morning, the Jets' record will be 7 - 2...  and there willl not be any explanations like.. "last minutes wins over Broncos, Lions and Browns.  But, PhatRex....  with the Giants losing to the Cowboys, the saying "any given Sunday" is holding very true. So, just because the Jets beat the Browns today, while the Pats failed to show up against the same Browns last week, and the Jets lost to the Ravens at home while the Pats beat the Ravens at home...blah, blah, blah... this in the middle of the season trash talking means nothing.. bragging rights only count in January.  You win NOTHING with a 7 - 2 record at this point of the season.
    Posted by agcsbill

Correct, but it's a good start, or better than being 2-7.

Sections
Shortcuts