Jets Calvin Pace suspended for 4 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Jets Calvin Pace suspended for 4 games

From espn.com:

Pace says he took supplement

ESPN.com news services

New York Jets linebacker Calvin Pace has been suspended for the first four games of the 2009 NFL regular season for violating the league's performance-enhancing substance policy.

Calvin Pace

Pace

The NFL, announcing the suspension on Thursday, said Pace will be eligible to return after the Jets' Oct. 4 game against the New Orleans Saints.

In a statement released by the Jets, Pace said the suspension stemmed from his use of an over-the-counter dietary supplement -- which he did not identify -- that contained a substance he did not know violated the policy.

"I am responsible for what I put into my body and I should have paid closer attention to the League's guidelines. I regret that this has happened and apologize to my teammates, the entire Jets organization as well as the fans," Pace said. "Hopefully, this does not distract from our ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl."

The Jets said they respected the league's decision and looked forward to Pace's return for their Monday night game against the Miami Dolphins in Week 5.

Pace, a six-year veteran who spent his first five seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, had 80 tackles, including seven sacks, and five forced fumbles last season for the Jets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Jets Calvin Pace suspended for 4 games

Here we go with "The dog ate my homework" again.

Yes, I am aware that there are strict rules governing which supplements I am allowed to take and which are banned by the league, and that I am subject to suspension and could lose a sh*t-ton of money if I violate the leagues substance-abuse program.

Read the label?

No. I didn't read the label.

Why would I do that?Foot in mouth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Roids are an over the counter supplement in Tijuana Mexico

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Calvin Pace suspended for 4 games:
    Here we go with "The dog ate my homework" again. Yes, I am aware that there are strict rules governing which supplements I am allowed to take and which are banned by the league, and that I am subject to suspension and could lose a sh*t-ton of money if I violate the leagues substance-abuse program. Read the label? No. I didn't read the label. Why would I do that?
    Posted by prairiemike

Every player, or their agent, should know exactly what substances are banned. Same goes for any other sport. There is no excuse because that list exists.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am shocked. A pro football player taking performance enhancing drugs. I am getting to the point where I don't really care anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Calvin Pace suspended for 4 games:
     I wish the troll leon were still here so I could say his team CHEATS!!!!!
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

I heard that it was "5 Hour Energy". ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

This is something of a big deal but Ryan doesn't seem to be the type of coordinator that would restrict his defense to one playmaker.  The big question is where else will they get pressure from?  They may have a good secondary but that's never been an issue for Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts