Jets Catching Flack For LT Decision

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jets Catching Flack For LT Decision

Even the NY media knows that LT is done...and that the Jets made a foolish decision in getting rid of the productive Thomas Jones, and replacing him with the washed-up Tomlinson: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/face_facts_jets_ladainian_is_pretty_qxy
    5KHbjF4z2bgyOcurpAO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Jets Catching Flack For LT Decision

If Mister Stomach Band is smart he'll cut his losses and drop LT before September.  Of course he, and the Jets' GM, are already looking stoopid for signing LT, so why not keep him the whole year?

LT is just one problem of many.  There's so much more under the surface waiting to be dug up in northern New Jersey, and I'm not just talking about them finally finding Jimmy Hoffa after demolishing the old stadium. 

I'm with all the really dumb national writers -- the Jets are really going to win a super bowl of sorts this year.  It works as long as you remember to jiggle the handle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

More fun for both the Jets and Giants:

'After Giants wideout Domenik Hixon tore his ACL during a practice at the New Meadowlands Stadium Wednesday, a firestorm erupted over the quality of the surface, which the club quickly tried to quell, even as players complained that it was slippery. “It could happen right out here on a grass field,’’ general manager Jerry Reese said. “Hopefully, we’ll have all the kinks out before we get on it again.’’ The Vikings followed that up by arguing that the FieldTurf brand provides an unsafe surface, which has touched off a war of words.'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

LT cant make the cuts he once did and whatever injury he had has hindered his legs. That press conference he had with SD should have been his last. He wont be able to stand seeing the Pats twice a year.

Were sadly going to have to hear this guys name for another 16 weeks. I cannot stand this guy and him being the ultimate choker. He is the opposite for what I would want a player to be. Hes a regular season achiever who cant pull his team over the hump and cannot take a loss as a sign that he needs to get better its that someone did something wrong.

LT should have retired. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The Jets seriously downgraded their rushing attack this offseason. Jones will be better than Greene, Greene last year will be better than LT, Washington granted only played 1/2 season will still be better than rookie McKnight. Then the Jets say they are going to be a passing team. Ok that's great let's see if Sanchez can top 30 Int's this year. Edwards overrated, Cotchery average starter, Holmes missing 4 games and has to adjust to a new offense. This is a 7-9 team waiting to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

.....and they just cut the price in half of the remaining 18,000 PSL's. 

Woody lets his daughter die and tries to F**k his teams fans.  PRICELESS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Catching Flack For LT Decision:
    What is wrong with you? All you can talk about is the Jets backup RB and one NY rag that disagrees with their decision to choose a 32 year old back over a 33 year old?  Are you worried that we have two of the oldest backs in the league or that none of our current backs have ever even hit 1000 yards for us?  
    Posted by PatStats

I'd care more if we were a run first team and didn't have a inexperienced QB. Last year we averaged right around 130 yards per game. This year we may see some drop off but my expectations is this team to be right in the 120-125 yard per game area. The Jets are playing with fire and could easily go from the #1 rushing attack last year to a middle of the road rushing offense in a single season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just and idle musing, here.

I'm wondering how much more enjoyable these threads would be to read were they not rife with personal attacks.  One can but dream.

The LT signing was puzzling but there have certainly been stranger moves by the Jets.  I thought the Pats signing Fred Taylor was a good move but I can see where others would disagree.  Laurence Maroney was lauded by many football people (NFL people, not pundits) as an outstanding draft choice but he has, at best, been inconsistent.  Would I like to see a stronger Pats ground game? You bet.  Is it a 'weakness'?  I'd hardly call it that.  P. Manning and T. Brady are 1-2 in the league, pick-em, and the Colts went to the SB with the worst ground game in the league.

My 2 cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

ATJ makes a valid point and I also think it's worth noting that offensive lines make running backs as often as running backs make offensive lines. I don't believe Green New Jersey will be looking to Tomlinson to do the bulk of the heavy lifting in any case, and whatever happens, you can rest assured that, should the Jests fall backwards into the playofffs again, the other LT will do his patented disappearing act. It doesn't really matter. As ATJ points out, and most of us freely admit, it's a passing league. Smoke and mirrors aside, Sanchez is the key to any success Green New Jersey may (or may not) have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

PatStats is yet another troll.  Another troll and it's the off season.  This board is going to be a mess when the season starts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Another gem from the Ny Compost. I bet they hate everything including themselves.  lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Catching Flack For LT Decision : The Jets high numbers in rushing were not overly impressive.  They ran the ball a lot.  Obvioulsy, the ran it well enough to continue running it and control the time of possesion etc, but TJs avg was just OK.  If they are to do anything this year, they will need more balance in their offense.
    Posted by PatStats

Agreed. Their success this season depends on the play of QB Mark Sanchez. Sanchez must stay healthy...and must show more consistency.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

What is wrong with you? All you can talk about is the Jets backup RB and one NY rag that disagrees with their decision to choose a 32 year old back over a 33 year old?  Are you worried that we have two of the oldest backs in the league or that none of our current backs have ever even hit 1000 yards for us?  
    Posted by PatStats

You call yourself patStats but think that we need a 1000 yd rusher on the team?  Let me explain something to you, we run a RB by committee, with that we have one of the deepest RB's in the league.  You do know that we fiished 12th in the league in rushing yards last year, right?  And that is with having a pass first Offense.

You are not going to see a 1,000 yard back on the Pats.

Now the Jets did have a 1,000 yd back in TJ.....they have a run first O and need the Back that can carry them like TJ did.....LT can't do that anymore and Greene has not proven that he can carry the load....

The Jets made 3 mistakes with their running game this offseason.....
    Letting TJ go...
    Signing LT for the same as TJ.....
    Letting Leon Washington go.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Catching Flack For LT Decision : Leon Washington was a 3rd down back who, by the way, did very little last year and somehow had little effect on their running game.  Although his injury left their return game with a hole, a guy coming off a muiltiple fracture is hardly someone you can claim is a big loss.  TJ, like LT, Fred Taylor, and Sammy Morris is old and weathered.  If you watched the playoffs, that was quite clear.  In one year, Greene has shown more than Maroney has in his career.  I would make that trade in a second.  Much like russgriswold, you think that us having 2 32 year old backs is somehow better than another team having one.  Keep sipping away.  I love how you think that a 12th ranked running attack is impressive.  How about a 20 something ranked yards per carry?  The only reason we were able to run at all is Tom Brady.  If you think those backs a year older are going to improve, you are just plain dumb.  You are correct, though, we are not going to see a 1000 yard rusher on this team.  Not because we don't want to, but because no one is capable.  
    Posted by PatStats

LOL!

1) Leon Washington is one of the best 3rd down backs in the game....he is also a valuable lick returner....trust me, I am reallt gald that he is gone.

2) I think that Rus is correct....Jests TROLL or a moron....which is it?  Come on Leon, we know it is you.....

3) Green has not shown more than Maroney....Green has barely played....what makes you think that he can make it a whole season?  I remember this same conversation with Colts fans when they were all googoo gaga about Addai....Addai can't play solid for a whole season.....and we don't know if Green can....

4) I am so glad that the Jests have downgraded what helped get them to the playoffs.....  their run game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Has LT run oout of gas? Reports are ciirculating that the former stud RB is not looking very good: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/22/lt-may-not-have-anything-left/

Sections
Shortcuts