Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night

In Response to Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night:
    [QUOTE]Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWS_PUBzv4Y
    Posted by GrantW[/QUOTE]

Funny stuff; but do you think there is ANY coach out there who hasn't said this to a fan? Any athlete, period? When I was a teenager, I even saw Marv Albert way back in '71 cursing out a few fans when they wanted his autograph as he was leaving the Garden. And my avatar hero, Mantle, would sign autographs sometimes with lewd obscenities if he wasn't in the mood. When Frank Tanana was taken out of a game, I was 2 rows from the dugout, and he flipped the bird and yelled FY to the whole section. Big deal. However, it was funny that it was caught. Supposedly, BB often starts a Jets reference with the F adjective. My guess is Rex won't curse again unless he's indoors. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night:
    [QUOTE]8-8 in 2009, with a Colts lay down = 9-7 and some luck. 2010 = Wildcard win and then playing as underdog in SB against Pats in Divisionals. I don't see why talking helps. It actually distracts from the ultimate goal.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I hated that lay down; it cost me 1 1/2 Ks via a FF championship (I had PM, and he was benched, if you recall, for the immortal C. Painter); boy was I happy when they lost the SB. I agree about the talking too; BB talks as little as possible, even if he does sound like a tape recorder.

But stop with the dumb luck;you always say that. However, you were RIGHT about Sanchez; just throws that stupid seam pass, and other bad stuff; it appears to be all true. He has some things in common with Tebow (less the running ability).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This whole thing is a non-story.  Willing to bet he's not the only coach that lets stuff like that fly; this time the camera caught it.  

Love the video though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night : This is largely true as a general rule, but wasn't he running his mouth the year before, when they got to the AFC Championship Game also?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Not my point. My point is that last year I only worried about them when he shut up. Not talking abut 2009. As he loses more games he's becoming less bombastic-even if slightly. The 2009 Ryan is slightly different than this one. But even so, despite his mouth, he still LOST in 2009, and that's the point. He made it, but then lost. I don't mean to say that guys like him never win, its only ULTIMATE victory they scuffle with. Herein lies his real insecurity, and it's why he perpetually compares himself to BB and TB. They symbolize the championship character that he aspires to and cannot seem to reach because he simply isn't as good, or does not have the players. He may win one eventually, I don't know, but if he does it'll probably be because he uses an approach more similar to BB than what he's using now--irony of ironies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night : Not my point. My point is that last year I only worried about them when he shut up. Not talking abut 2009. As he loses more games he's becoming less bombastic-even if slightly. The 2009 Ryan is slightly different than this one. But even so, despite his mouth, he still LOST in 2009, and that's the point. He made it, but then lost. I don't mean to say that guys like him never win, its only ULTIMATE victory they scuffle with. Herein lies his real insecurity, and it's why he perpetually compares himself to BB and TB. They symbolize the championship character that he aspires to and cannot seem to reach because he simply isn't as good, or does not have the players. He may win one eventually, I don't know, but if he does it'll probably be because he uses an approach more similar to BB than what he's using now--irony of ironies.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

But he didn't win one last year either. What am I not understanding?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night : But he didn't win one last year either. What am I not understanding?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

True, but he ran his mouth ALL YEAR LONG before finally shutting up the week before the NE game. That was what concerned me back then. This is not complicated NH. My point is, he does BETTER when he operates just a little more like BB. The problem is, he does not have the inner qualities required to maintain that line of thought long enough. He can do it for brief stretches, but in the end, his true character comes out because he can't help being who he is. The proof of this lies in the fact that he predicted they'd win the SB this year at his post game press conference after losing the AFCCG last year. His insecurity was so obvious that night, it was almost painful to watch. Hence, it was "safe" to pull out the blanky and predict victory when the event was so far away that no one cared. Until that is augmented, he will probably not win a championship. At least, God have mercy on us if he does, because we'd never hear the end of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The fan was being a jerk and deserved the retort.  It's Ryan's bad luck that it was taped.  He should have known better.  Nobody is airing the dozens of tapes in which he bites his tongue, of course. 

I have no problem with Ryan.  He is playful in his boasts, he pays due respect and his players love him.  I'm glad he lost.  I just don't hate the guy like some Pats fans do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

What did the guy say to Rex??????? Something about BB????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Coach Rex Ryan Curses at Fan Last Night : True, but he ran his mouth ALL YEAR LONG before finally shutting up the week before the NE game. That was what concerned me back then. This is not complicated NH. My point is, he does BETTER when he operates just a little more like BB. The problem is, he does not have the inner qualities required to maintain that line of thought long enough. He can do it for brief stretches, but in the end, his true character comes out because he can't help being who he is. The proof of this lies in the fact that he predicted they'd win the SB this year at his post game press conference after losing the AFCCG last year. His insecurity was so obvious that night, it was almost painful to watch. Hence, it was "safe" to pull out the blanky and predict victory when the event was so far away that no one cared. Until that is augmented, he will probably not win a championship. At least, God have mercy on us if he does, because we'd never hear the end of it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Agree, especially the MERCY part.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

"Hey, Rex, Belichick is better than you," the fan screamed to Ryan, who was walking off the field and into the locker room tunnel with the rest of the team at MetLife Stadium.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

You should see what Jets fans were saying to me as I was leaving the stadium. Felt like I pisse@ off a class of third graders.