Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

I see their running game taking a huge step back with the loss of the O-Lineman, Jones and Washington. LT will start out strong but fade quickly as the hits pile on. He'll also have a rude awakening when Dec/Jan roll around and he's stuck in it every week. That's if he's not already knocked out for the season.

The defense won't be as good for a couple reasons. One, they're going to be out there a lot more without the ground game they had last year. Two, what they had last year was new, it was unexpected and nobody totally understood what they had until they were there shutting you down. I'm not saying nobody took them serious, just underestimated it.

This year, I just don't see them repeating what they had. Teams are going to design an entirely new plan (start with quick outlets, screens, and draw plays) to exploit their blitz every play and expose them in the 10-20yd range cause nobody's home back there.

The passing game has some legitamate weapons but they require Sanchez to make them work.

Look, without that great ground game and a number one defense Sanchez is going to have a lot more pressure on him to hit some of those new toys they have and I just don't see him doing it.
    I don't see nearly as many three and out's for the D and I see Sanchez forcing more INT's.

Then I see the NY media gobbling this kid up and Ryan crying again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

I have told you time and time again that Kerry Rhodes sucked last year.  He was a much different player after he signed his big contract.  he was more interested in acting rather than sticking his nose in a pile knocking a ball free.  That is why he was benched last year and that is why he is no longer a Jet. We have improved on defense you bunch of dummies!!! we picked up poole, cromartie and Jason Taylor(barf).  We also have big jenks back.  You keep bringing up VG but we have this one guy named DeVito that started most of the games or at least played most of the reps at tackle with ellis on the other side.  Keep thinking happy thoughts that our defense will not wreck you.  Keep dreaming.

Now for Sanchize and the offense.  We still have the run game because we have the o-line with some burst and power coming out of the backfield.  We replaced our worst o-line in faneca.  Granted he may have been the biggest name on our line but he was the weakest link.  We also got rid of jones and his 3 yards and a cloud of dust(funny I hear that term on ESPN all the time now).  We have Greene and LT.  AT WORST, LT would be the best 3rd down back in the league.  You dont think he has enough in the tank to carry that load?  Lets move to the passing game.  Sanchize has another year in the league and really came on at the end of last year(not just in the playoffs).  Add to that a full year with BE and Holmes is a stud.  Dood looks amazing so far.

All in all I am happy.  I bet you wish you could say the same.  You guys need to talk about your competition since there is really nothing to talk about on your teams(beside crable).  Pats, fish, and even the bolts.  We are going to show you how to play smash mouth football and if you think that there will be a better defense you are crazy.

Lastly, rusty, Rex has a saying that as an offense you can do what ever you want but he will shut down your run.  That means taht you cannot run on his defense if he chooses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Fortunately for the AFC East they will also be able to lose in several different ways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

ummm...if devito was so terrible, why was our defense so good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

also rusty, it was Rhodes 1st year in the defense...Leonard from the ravens was making the calls and Rhodes was pouting about it.  Rhodes was just turrible.  He is a pouter and not a Rex kind of guy.  you know very little about my team although you can write a 5 paragraph essay on the jets full of wishfull thinking of a patsy fan.  You dont know more about the jets than me.  We will have the strongest defense AGAIN and you will be searching for draft picks when the playoffs come around.  Pay close attention to my Jets, much more to look at over here than in beantown.  As far as cro, he is just going to play football.  He has a new teacher and his coach is happy as am I.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

you should teach him to wear a rubber

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

whodeawhodat

You guys need to talk about your competition since there is really nothing to talk about on your teams(beside crable).

Competition?!?!?!? We have competition in the AFC East???? Well, that'll be refreshing for a change. Let's hope you're right. Been a while since the Pat's had to work at it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year.":
    you should teach him to wear a rubber
    Posted by Philskiw

Ill leave that to your old lady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

he just happy cause the charges dumped crofartie laydownagain...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year.":
    ummm...if devito was so terrible, why was our defense so good.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

only jest fans think they are good... when they prove it it will actually have more meaning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year." : only jest fans think they are good... when they prove it it will actually have more meaning
    Posted by jcour382

Ravens, Pats, Phins, let's see what they open up with. I'm saying LT doesn't make it out of the Ravens game w/o injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

And didn't he also say  their banner at training camp should say "Soon to be Super Bowl champs"??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year." : Ill leave that to your old lady.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

Your a class act, only a moron would attack someones family on the boards!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hold your thumb and forefinger an inch apart. That's how close the Jets were to being a .500 team, even with (supposedly) the best defense, last year.  The only QB that was worse than Sanchez during regular season (QB rating etc....) was Jemarcus Russell. Sanchez had a nice run in the playoffs.....this makes him rookie Scott Mitchell.....not rookie Tom Brady.  Shonne Green/LT won't necessarily be better than Jones/Washington (who killed us on special teams). Revis looks like he'll be a distraction even if he ends up being the highest paid DB. Sexy Rexy has clearly painted his team into a corner; anything less than at least an AFC Championship would be an abject failure.  On top of it all, every team they face now wants to tear their hearts out.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Jets need to settle their business with Revis. Without him, they're going nowhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year." : They are the best team in the East.  What is else is there to say?  They only got better during the offseason.  I'll look forward to Revis making a little boy out of Moss again this year.
    Posted by Casportsfan

Yeah you are a jets fan, like men with little boys

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Rex is a big bag of Jimmyjones666

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

: They are the best team in the East.  Posted by Casportsfan

Why, because they say so or because they haven't been to  SB since 1973?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Would making the other guys laugh so hard they can't get 11 on the field be one way?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I hope Jests fans realize their first 5 games could potentially destroy their whole season:  Ravens, Pats, Dolphins, Bills, and Vikings.  4 really good/really solid teams along with another team within the division that gave the jests problems last year. 

They coudl open up 1-4, it'd be over with.  Then we wouldn't have to listen to them talk all season until they were eliminated from contention. 

Think about this Jests fans... The 2nd time around playing the Pats and Colts, you got beat by a combined score of 61-31 (31-14, 30-17).  They each had a little more film on the defense and had film of it against their offenses... so they made the adjustments and picked them apart; Jests couldn't make the adjustments and got beaten down.  

Now think about how it will be for teams like Baltimore, Minnesota, Miami, Pats, etc. all getting a whole year of film on them.. seeing Sanchez's weaknesses/strengths, the defenses weaknesses/strengths and then being able to game-plan against it.  For teams like the Ravens, Pats, and Steelers it will spell trouble unless the Jests can take the next step - but without Sanchez taking a big step forward they'll be stuck in neutral.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Jets need to settle their business with Revis. Without him, they're going nowhere.
    Posted by TexasPat3

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

LOL!! Rex is an idiot ....casportsfan is right there too....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

For all fans, this is the time of year when all of their teams are going to be in the Super Bowl.  However, the JETS coach is an idiot who is acting like a fan instead of a coach and who is making trouble for his team with all other teams, not just the PATS.  His behavior is simply sophomoric.  In addition, before Revis makes anybody look like anything, doesn't he have to show up?  When he does show up, how happy is he going to be?  What will his presence in the locker room mean for the other JETS.  All JETS players have been affected by the treatment meted out to Leon Washington after the last season.  With that single move, the JETS organization showed who they were.  It is understood by every single player in their locker room, including the new arrivals.  So now my single preseason prediction, the JETS are not going to the Super Bowl.  I don't know what else they might or might not achieve but the Super Bowl is not happening for them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Rhodes is not the same player he was before he got his big payday.  Trust me, when he came into the league as a 4th rounder he was hungry and he was one of my most favorite players.  After he got his big payday he changed dramaticaly.  He now passes blame on others.  He was blaming Mangini for not being agressive enough and when rex came in he blamed rex for playing favorites.  The system didnt confuse him, he was a hardhead and his ego would not let Leonard tell him what his responsibility was for the plays.  Poole will love this system as he can be as good as he wants.  I too hope that he doesnt have concussion problems. I still remember reading an article about Wayne Chrebet not being able to put his own shoes on after a game because his head was so scrambled. 

As for Revis, I have to think Rhodes has something to do with the Revis situation along with Leon Washington.  The Jets dont want to give this guy a bag of money(ala rhodes) today that he has no incentive (monetarliy anyway) to train and play hard.  Revis doesnt want to play for 1MM and wind up hurt and discarded after being the best defensive back (and player imo) in the league.

I said before, as long as Rex doesnt hold out we will be a team to be recconed with.  You had better show up because we will be there.  As for the 0-3 and 1-3 start scenarios, I have heard them before on this board and I will be on this board to let you know how blind you were to doubt what the Jets have or I will be on this board to take my lumps.

As for the guy with selective reading skills, some chowderhead told me to put a rubber on a guy, how classy is that.  He got what deserves.  Dont call me out for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I dont follow the dan snyder/al davis approach lol.  Al Davis' idiot contract with Nami is partially to blame for the whole revis fiasco.  and that is why the redskins were nicknamed the jetskins a few years back, because they overpaid and we refused to resign those guys.  Stick to what you know(I am sure that it is debatable), the patsies.

If you would like some insights on the Jets, I try to be objective although I am a lifelong fan.  As for the sign and trade, you can only wish...

Everyone wants to kick dirt on the Jets defense.  So lets try something here.  Tell me about your defense.  You can start with the LBs.  I know you have a guy named mayo, seems decent.  You have merriweather coming back in the secondary if i am correct.  DL is wilfork? or did you trade him.  Seymore was definately traded.  Just dont hear much (or see much) about your defense.  Heres to hoping that the hooded sweatshirt can keep his marbles for another season. 

Sections
Shortcuts