Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

What say there you?

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d81997090/article/new-stars-carry-offense-over-defense-in-jets-scrimmage?module=HP_headlines

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

In Response to Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year.":
    [QUOTE]What say there you? http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d81997090/article/new-stars-carry-offense-over-defense-in-jets-scrimmage?module=HP_headlines
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

They are the best team in the East.  What is else is there to say?  They only got better during the offseason.  I'll look forward to Revis making a little boy out of Moss again this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

"We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year."

"What say there you?"

I am sorta scared...  So Like, like- More than the way you usually do it with that one group'a people end up in the end with a higher number than the Other group of people?  And I know I'm just theorizing here, but maybe like with a rolled up newspaper for the dog after he does his business in the corner of the living room?  Or, could be- Beat'em to the locker room, then perhaps they could get home before them as well?  Jesus, What's that still, Only 4 INCLUDING the dog & the newspaper one?!  I mean, Krikees...They're not gonna bring in a sack of handguns in order to pistol-whip my team as well, God- Are They?  Then now, again with the doggy-doo-part, and the locker room, And the commute home deal, AND the pistol-whipping, They STILL are gonna do 2 MORE things to them!?!  Sheez, lord have mercy.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

In Response to Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year.":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year." : They are the best team in the East.  What is else is there to say?  They only got better during the offseason.  I'll look forward to Revis making a little boy out of Moss again this year.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

There's absolutely no question about it. The Jets are awesome. Everybody in the league wished they had their talent and record of success. Their coach Mangenius will ... oh, wait ...excuse me. Their QB, Brett Favre will get them to ... oh, wait ... excuse me. I'm sorry, my mistake, but the fans sound just like they have every other off-season. This is when they are at their best. They are definitely the Stupor Bowl winners every year ... until they actually have to play the games. Looking forward to the season when their fat-a$$ed, big-mouth, ignorant coach has to eat his words. He shouldn't mind ... it looks like he eats everything else that gets close to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

if the SB was won with the biggest mouth, Jets are favorites.  Reality says games are won on the field.  Reality TV shows are never realistic, are they?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The joy of seeing Tomlinson watch his team getting stomped by us AGAIN will be sweet.  Ohhh so sweet.  I'm expecting him to cry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This, once again, is all just training camp fluff and bluster. Green New Jersey jettisoned some weapons and brought in some new ones to augment what was essentially a .500 team. Most people here who actually pay attention know that this team is going exactly as far as Gomez can take it, and no further. Jests fan likes to tell us that Rogriguez was an improved quarterback in the playoffs, conveniently ignoring the fact that his improvement was directly proportional to how much (or -- mor accurately -- how little) the offense asked him to do. I'm not sure how expanding the passing game is going to improve an offense led by a guy who threw 20 interceptions. It may be true that Green New Jesey will be able to "beat you in several different ways" this season, but I'm betting it's absolutely true that they will be able to lose in the same old way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

O.k., I AM trully sorry to have ta chime in once again now on this one, but the first couple of people got me sorta sweatin' this whole thing still with this "several beating-ways" thing...So- are we- Is this-, Were still talkin' American football here, right?  The one where they look at that billboard in the corner and go, "Alright, You people, -31, -32-, -33, -34 ,AND YOU people, -31, hmmm...So, It's you FIRST people, You guys will be known as "the winners."   'Cause I saw this ancient Mayan game, where the teams hit some ball with their feet & hips, in an attempt to get the ball into through tiny sideways hangin' stone circle, And then every guy on the winning team gets ritually sacrificed to our yellow Sun; And, so I just don't know IF this way to beat someone plays a part now...?  Seriously, WhatInTH do you first couple people and Rex Ryan know for cryin' out loud?!?  You people better start talkin' about this pistol-whipping thing that's gonna happen, along with 5 EXTRA beatings!  Jesus, WHAT is goin' on here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year.":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We're going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year." : They are the best team in the East.  What is else is there to say?  They only got better during the offseason.  I'll look forward to Revis making a little boy out of Moss again this year.

0_0 I am so stupid, I thought 10-6 was a better record than 9-7. Let's not forget that the Jets were 3-3 in the division, the Phins were 4-2, the Pats were 4-2. The Jets were not the best team in the East. And wether or not they got better is debatable. They got old man Jason Taylor, immature Cromatie on defense and lost Kerry Rhodes. They lost 2 of their OLmen who were ranked number 1 in the league, Thomas Jones and signed big head LT and immature Holmes. 

The Jets are a 7-9 team this year, at best 8-8. And Reevis making Moss look like a little boy... The only people the Jets can do that to are the choke artists San Diego Chargers. Always the one everyone talks about asking to the dance, never actually asked. =( 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Rex Ryan is nothing but A dreamer hE SIGNS THESE older players and none TROUBLE MAKERS he is kidding himself
    Big difference He signs older and trouble makers Pats sign younger and better SO ONCE AGAIN RYAN TALKING OUT HIS A** LIKE HE DID  LAST YR ALSO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

It's going to be a VERY interesting year. The Pats are the Pats and will be solid like normal. But the Jets are REALLY good. They have a great Defense, and their O won't be anything to overlook either. Sanchez has proven to be an NFL Starter quality QB and they have a good line, solid RBs and good Recievers.

Then you've also got the Dolphins who are also a pretty solid team. And the Bills....well they're the Bills. But they always step up in a few games in the east, and I'd bet my life Spiller will have a pretty good rookie year. Anyone in here who follows BC knows how bad this kid can hurt you.

So I'd be willing to bet that the best record in the AFC will NOT be coming out of the East, because these guys will be beating each other up so badly. It's going to come down to just a couple of points at the right time, and probably a whole lot of good breaks to figure out the East champ.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

jbolted... let's talk at the end of the season.  I recall you sounding like this about your Bolts every pre-season, picking them to win the SB year after year.  If the SB is won in the pre-season, then the Jests have won it.

One of the biggest differences between this Jets team and others is the bluster of the hot air that blows out of their camp.  They got lucky at the end of last season having played two teams who basically laid it down and somehow thinks this will bode the same in 2010?  They've brought in a lot of vets who have no proven track records in the playoffs and lost too many players that were key in whatever success they achieved last year.  Talk is easy and Ryan's big belly blows it out with the best of them!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]It's going to be a VERY interesting year. The Pats are the Pats and will be solid like normal. But the Jets are REALLY good. They have a great Defense, and their O won't be anything to overlook either. Sanchez has proven to be an NFL Starter quality QB and they have a good line, solid RBs and good Recievers. Then you've also got the Dolphins who are also a pretty solid team. And the Bills....well they're the Bills. But they always step up in a few games in the east, and I'd bet my life Spiller will have a pretty good rookie year. Anyone in here who follows BC knows how bad this kid can hurt you. So I'd be willing to bet that the best record in the AFC will NOT be coming out of the East, because these guys will be beating each other up so badly. It's going to come down to just a couple of points at the right time, and probably a whole lot of good breaks to figure out the East champ.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

Frankly I don't agree that "the Jets are REALLY good". Not yet anyway. They may be, but until they prove it on the field it's nothing but speculation and braggadocio on their part. There's no way of knowing if all these big egos they brought in will gel as a team. They still haven't signed Revis and might not. They expect Cromartie to play like he did three seasons ago, ignoring the last two. They opine that Kyle Wilson will be great, but he's a rookie with potential, nothing more. On their defensive line they are hoping that Jenkins stays healthy all year and they have to fill Faneca's spot with either a rookie or someone that may or may not be as good as he was. Plus their safeties are okay, but not spectacular. On offense, Sanchez has NOT yet proven to be a quality NFL starter. He had a horrendous rookie season during the regular season, for the most part. The fans are all hanging their hats on the fact that he played better in the play-offs, but he was helped considerably by relying more on their run game. He may end up being good, but again that's absolutely not proven yet. Their RB situation is also questionable. Everybody is counting on LT to rebound from his last two mediocre seasons, but again, on what basis. Greene looked good last year, though with limited playing time. Can he stay healthy and shoulder the load for the full season? Their depth at that position seems to rely on another rookie, McKnight. Add in questions about their special teams and their kicking game and it all looks to me like a helluva lot of things have to fall in place for their blow-hard coach to be correct. Speaking of which, jets fans think old Rexy is the best coach in football after last year. I'm not kidding, many of their delusional fans actually believe this loud mouth. They ignore the fact that last year around the middle of the season he admitted to knowing very little about his own team's offense (REALLY!!!) and pronounced them dead and out of the playoffs at one point, showing how smart this guy really is (not very). Other than that, I agree with you that it will be an interesting season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I've been waiting all summer for the jets' anual pre season claim to the championship. I especially like the 'everyone says' routine. Are those the same 'everyone' that predicted a Chargers/Cowboys Super Bowl last year? Funny how they all forgot that the Jets backed into the playoffs last year courtesy of the Colts who happily spanked spanked them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

jbolt awfully quiet this pre-season, are your Chargets gonna win the super bowl this year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Agreed Russ, which probably would mean they would leave Miami 0-3. At that point the NY suicide hot-lines would be lighting up at a record pace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

A lard azz an a BIG mouth, does no a coach make. This moron will beat himself, trust me he won't need any help!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Stick to basketball, lest you forget that the Jets only made the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals forfeited the fourth quarter of the Jets' last two regular season games.

Come back when Sanchez doesn't need the color-coded SPED playbook.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

First: 1/21/2010
    Last: 8/8/2010
    It's going to be a VERY interesting year. The Pats are the Pats and will be solid like normal. But the Jets are REALLY good. They have a great Defense, and their O won't be anything to overlook either. Sanchez has proven to be an NFL Starter quality QB and they have a good line, solid RBs and good Recievers.

Are you daft man???? Where'd you get the "really good" from? Rex Ryan? What gave you ANY indication that the Jets are "really good"? Not "might be" good or, perhaps they will be good but you said the Jets are REALLY good? Where are you getting this from?
    Why would you say their O isn't anything to overlook either? They got worse in the offseason and weren't that good last year.
    Where'd you hear that Sanchez has proven to be an NFL starter quality QB? His performance thus far hasn't indicated such. They got rid of their best RB and brought in a broken down replacement, so where's the solid RB's you're speaking of?
    See, you just can't come in here, make krap up and not expect someone to call you on it. Almost all your statements were/are fantasy.
    Will be awaiting your reply

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

Hmmm, very interesting as "Jabba the Hut" puts even more pressure on his young QB...it's a QB driven league, so let's take look at these regular season stats:

Tom Brady in 2001 (15 games played, 14 started):
    Yards = 2,842; TD's = 18; Int = 12; Com Pct. = 63.9; QBR = 86.5
    Tom Brady in 2002 (16 games played/started):
    Yards = 3,764; TD's = 28; Int = 14; Com Pct. = 62.1; QBR = 85.2

Mark Sanchez in 2009 (15 games played, 15 started):
    Yards = 2,444; TD's = 12; Int = 20; Com Pct. = 53.8; QBR = 63
    Mark Sanchez in 2010 ????

Unless his stats improve dramatically, there is no way the Jets will win the AFC east and Jet fans I wouldn't count on it, especially since 2nd year QB's typically have a tougher year 2 (soph. slump). Just ask Matt Ryan. Not to mention the more film BB has on a QB the better his defenses seem to play vs. them.  See game 2 of Pats/Jets last season, a 31-14 decisive Patriots victory. The Jet defense can be first in the league again and they can be #1 running the ball, it won't make a difference unless Sanchez plays better which as we all know remains to be seen, and although Brady statistically did better in his 2nd year playing, it was his actually his 3rd year in the league..."Food for Thought"!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I like Welker's response during the ESPN interview, when they asked him what's the Patriots slogan. He said "one game at a time"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

I've had quite a few comments directed to me on this thread. A few thoughts:
    • I don't think the Jets are the AFC favorites
    • I don't think the Jets are AFC East favorites 
    • I was stirring the pot because I find Rex amusing
    • On Jet additions Cromartie and LT- Cromartie doesn't hit on run plays & LT has lost 2 steps not 1
    • LT is very good on screens & Cro is very good man to man
    • Sanchise was very solid in every game at SC and appears to be consistent at NJ; he is overrated by Jet fans and underrated by Patriot fans
    • The Jets were handed their last 2 regular season games and beat a very flat Charger team, then, reality set in against an slightly above average Colt team in the playoffs
    • I said before a game was played last year (TO CARAWAY)-"slice it any way you want, the Chargers will go farther than the Patriots this year" THEY DID in spite of a poor postseason showing
    • I believe SD will have a better regular season record than New England this year too & will advance farther in the playoffs this season too.
    • The Charger schedule is the most favorable this season since the before the 2006 season. The easiest schedule Philip Rivers has seen since becoming the starting QB and it will be proven to all providing BigMac & V.Jackson get in camp 
    • The Indianapolis Colts and Dan Dierdorf suuck
    • Ryan Mathews will gain 1400 rushing yards
    • The 'curse of Ellis Hobbs' exists

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

"I dont care who you are, dat rat der is pretty dag gum funny "
    -Larry the Cable guy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I hope we have the same confidence. Quitely of course but we should believe that we're going to win it all. why else play if you give in before it even starts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

SD will not go further in the playoffs than the Patriots.  Better regular season record, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on KC being all that easy this year either.  And possibly the Raiders will have discovered the difference between their posteriors and their elbows.  Either way, you won't get deeper in the playoffs, we will be going the deepest you can get.  I do appreciate your ability to express coherent thoughts however.

Sections
Shortcuts