Jets/Colts Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Re: Jets/Colts Game Thread

I am a Pats fan, but there is no way Manning is overrated.  I think his brother Eli is, but not Peyton.  But I am rooting for the NFC to win this year for obvious reasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Boomer...I have to disagree big time!   they would've had everything to play for to show up the Pats....come on...they wussed out and shouldve went for it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

LifetimePatfan;

Do you guys ever drop the pure stupidity??  Let me get this straight:

The NFL is singlehandedly promoting a small market team with a metro population of less than 3 mil, whose sale of merchandise ranked 9th out of all NFL teams this year? 

IAside from the fact that there was a total of one missed call today that clearly had no impact on the decision, it's beyond stupid and absurd to think the NFL has some conspiracy to raise up a small market, relatively average revenue generating team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

i hate this peyton manning fellow with a passion but he's so darn GOOD!!! as a football fan i have to say he's the greatest QB to ever do it in my generation.... as a patriots fan it pains me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter said it best!

Jets got in their shots, Peyton Manning got in last one. Notice how Manning said he was proud of his team for "keeping their mouths shut"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

Lol, you guys hate the "love affair" the media has with Favre and Manning.  Too funny.  Imagine that - a hall of fame QB who just threw for 370+ yds and 3 tds against the #1 ranked D to go to the SB getting some love from the media . . . I can't understand it either.

Kind of reminds me of the countless times I wanted to peuke when even Stewart Scott was ogling over Brady saying he "is kinda dreamy", and Jaworski proclaimed him the greatest QB of all-time before the SB, and Tony Kornheiser verbally masturbated to his image on PTI.

Hillarious how jealous you all are now when other QB's get the attention.  Sorry, but Peyton was the MVP this year and Favre just had the best year of his career.  They are both HOF QB's and deserve the credit this year.

By contrast, your boy just got blown up by an aging and declining Ravens defense.  That's the way it goes.  The players that perform get the attention.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Manning-man-inCA:
    "The NFL is singlehandedly promoting a small market team with a metro population of less than 3 mil"

Since you are so up on all the Colts market stats and merchandizing, do you still want to pretend you are not a colts fan? 

How many millions of $$$ are invested in Peyton (and Eli) commercials?  How big is the Sony contract?  How about Oreos?
    If you don't see that...how stupid does that make you?

Edit:  add these from google:
    "The reigning Super Bowl MVP boasts a stable of endorsement partners, including Sprint, MasterCard, Reebok, and Gatorade"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WomaninCA is a Colts troll...read her previous posts. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Aside from the fact that there was a total of one missed call today that clearly had no impact on the decision, it's beyond stupid and absurd to think the NFL has some conspiracy to raise up a small market, relatively average revenue generating team.

Which one missed call was that? The late hit on Sanchez late in the game or the hitting the helmet in the 2nd?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

CA is underdoggg. Already demonstrated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

What a joy that was and this is.  

Not only do I get a great game, the colts get a ticket to the superbowl, my daughter has a great gymnastics meet this morning, my wife doesn't have to report for jury duty, and some very typical (not all) pats fans are whining like babies without a pacifier.  

First - Bend don't break is not a phrase that was either coined or trademarked by or for the pats.  The colts in the years they had a good scoring defense were considered the same.  Lots of yards given up but not points.  

Second - Did Pinochle really quote Hillary on a football board.  I try to live by the "nothing surprises me" mentality, but I never expected that. 

Third - Enoch Root posted only a few times and everyone of them was a whine about calls.  

Fourth - Does anyone here ever look at the calls on the other side of the ball, like Keller's push off on his TD catch?  Of course not.  

Fifth - Did a pats fan actually complain about Manning whining after Brady's displays this year?  what a joke.  

Sixth - The Sanchez hit non-call was bad.  I understand why the refs missed it.  It was a run and the refs stopped looking at the QB and started looking for Offensive holding.  Bullitt was just channeling his inner Roidney HGHarrison.  Right?

Seventh - The Sanchez hit did not affect the Jets.  They got a first down after that hit on a 19 yard Keller catch.  

Eighth - If you want to complain about calls so be it, but the Jets came out punching hard and were effective and the colts absorbed them and Manning came back and torched them.  When he got that TD before the end of the first half, I knew the colts would be in the game.  When the jets failed on their first drive of the second, I was confident.  Plus the Jets used all their trick plays in the first half.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

manning didn't tourch yhe defense.he throws 5 yard out and the recievers run 20 yards is not a qb tourching a defense.still say manning overrated,he's ok qb but there are at least 5 qb in league right now just as good

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

root.... I was thinking that, especially when he rattled off all these indy market stats... I'm a die hard pats fan and have no clue (or desire) to know the size of our market or merchandizing.

He is trying to argue as an "unbiased" fan...very sneaky

still waiting for him to answer about the endorsement money though ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

James32 - as in Edge?  

Manning did torch that Defense - he had them steppin and fetchin from the end of the first half on.  He made them look silly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

as in craig james ,would have never thought about that other james

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

HRK - I might if I could.  Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

You mean Craig James aka Coach Killer?  Yep, he's one to emulate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from james32. Show james32's posts

that's coming from someone who like's manning.I think I'll stay a fan of craig james instead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

LifetimePat:

I know the merchandise info because I had this stupid argument on another thread, where someone innacurately posted that Manning had the highest selling jersey . . . So I looked it up.

You post "The reigning Super Bowl MVP boasts a stable of endorsement partners, including Sprint, MasterCard, Reebok, and Gatorade" . . . again, what does that have to do with the NFL???  So, are you expanding your argument to include collusion of Gatorade, Mastercard, Reebok, and Gatorade in on the "fix" with the NFL?   That they are lining the NFL's pockets to keep Manning winning? Wow, the list keeps growing LOL.  Again, what a stupid argument.

The NFL is the most watched sport in the entire world.  I don't think they need to fix games for viewership.  In fact, I think Manning recorded an oreo losing commercial a couple of years ago that was played after the Colts lost . . . .  I guess Oreo (or Nabisco) wasn't in on the fix? LOL.

I am a fan of good players.  My official team is the 49ers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

If this is about Leach, Texas Tech and James son then how can you blame James for doing what he did. If a coach did that to my son I'd kill the SOB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maninCA. Show maninCA's posts

LifetimePat:

Let me add that I just saw Favre get hit late for the second time and NO FLAG this time!!!  LOOK, THE NFL WANT'S THE SAINTS IN THE SB?  They didn't throw a flag?

Do you even WATCH football?  There are missed calls everygame, even on HOF's like Brett Farve.

Go grab a kleenex and dry your eyes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

manin--Let me add that I just saw Favre get hit late for the second time and NO FLAG this time!!! 

he got the first one and I didn;t see the second...more than I can say for sanchez...huh?

Dude, when all these sponsors have ads totalling high millions, you bet the NFL will favor their golden boy..  This is not merely speculation, but reality.  The colts get favorable calls all the time which keeps manning winning and in the lime light.....

Otherwise, why would this small time team get favorable calls (proven) to keep them going?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

HRK - What Leach did cannot be defended.  What james did cannot either.  I cannot stand meddling parents.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

HRK- your exactly right about Leach! This was just a case of a coach getting his 'rocks' off. If he made the kid stand for a few hours in the dark, he's an idiot! Same with the coach at USF. If he grabbed the kid by the throat, and then slapped him, he should have been arrested for assault. I raised a nephew, who went on to college to play hoops, and I would have liked to think that he would have refused, and then  told the coach to go stand in the dark room himself! But most people revere coaches as though their 'gods', and can do no wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Dogg, you're a parent, would sit back and let a coach abuse your kid? c'mon.

Sections
Shortcuts