Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade

That's why there is this hold up in the trade. Didnt know they would have to pay the $5 million

This is too great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade

Got this from twitter:

"Broncos contend Jets read over Tebow's contract similar to how Mark Sanchez reads a defense."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Jets have a second chance not to be stupid......let's see what happens

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade:
    [QUOTE]Got this from twitter: "Broncos contend Jets read over Tebow's contract similar to how Mark Sanchez reads a defense."
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]
    Looks like the Jags are trying to get back into this thing. Per Schefter: "More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

makes so much sense for him to go to the Jags

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

They are just a soup sandwich, as good as a football bat.  Wow which is a bigger embarrassment to the league, Miami or Jets?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade:
    [QUOTE]Got this from twitter: "Broncos contend Jets read over Tebow's contract similar to how Mark Sanchez reads a defense."
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]REX cant read! PREMATURE EXCITATION got to him! we need a splash, we need a splash.. that organization has no sense of intellect, all passion and sensitivity. no brain!

better bad joke: if u can throw with 2 arms, ur ambidextrous. if u cant throw with either arm, ur a NY jet qb!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

belichick never makes mistakes like this

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It just keeps getting more and more exciting!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You expected something more from idiots?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I'd say I'm speechless, but I am not.  You can't make it up.  You can't.  You really can't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

REX cant read! PREMATURE EXCITATION got to him!

Actually, while he was reading it someone told him Tim had size 15 feet.....he got distracted!

If they think Tebow will bring that locker room together they need to be tested for smoking crack. Doing that is way beyond Timmy, he'd need to call in his boss personally for that! And imagine the media circus! All the juicy quotes they can get then take out of context. What kind of brain f*rts will we be hearing from old Rex? We'll be seeing the Tebow chants at the Meadowlands the first time Sanchez throws a pick! Maybe they rethink this and say no to the $5 mil. It's bound to get interesting. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I really hope this trade goes through, Yets were a circus last year, add Teblow to the mix, wow. Its going to be a S H I T storm down in NJ/NY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jets announced trade _ and th-e-e-e-e-n looked at Tebow's contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The funniest part about this is, Sanchez now knows their public backing of him is completely phony, which we all knew anyway.

This cannot be made up.  The Jets are the absolute laughingstock of the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Best reaction thus far: "Really who cares, we're riding a psychotic horse towards a burning stable at this point anyhow."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Nevermind I stand corrected this one is better: On Tebow, 1 Jet player tells me, "The wildcat? Nobody runs that anymore. We're taking 3 steps back, rest of league taking 4 steps forward."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

I doubt the Jets' lawyers missed any clause in Tebow's contract. The Jets just want him on the cheap.

Maybe this is the first intelligent thing the Jets front office has done in decades. The Jets are the most hype happy team in sports. They can put him in some specially designed plays a couple of times a game and make millions in merchadise sales.

When Sanchez ( who they already ruined ) screws up they can give the fans what you know they'll be chanting for. Start him the next home game and the stadium will be packed. More millions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I actually DON'T DOUBT they did miss it.  They're morons.  A normal organization, would know what Tebow's contract states, and either take it or leave it. 

NY didn't know about the details and then caught the red flag portion, after the morons announced a press conference to announce their knee jerk trade for a guy who can't throw. Otherwise, if you knew about that part of the contract and had concerns or were negotiating why Denver should pay that part of it, why announce the trade had been consummated?

It's pretty obvious they read the fine print AFTER annoucing the deal. lol

Only the Jets would do this. I am telling ya.  They're so engrossed in making splashes to try to sell their plans to the fans, they don't do anything right. They're legendary morons.  Legendary.

The Jets are now officially the dumbest franchise in the NFL. They make Al Davis and the Raiders or Matt Millen and the Lions look like geniuses.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

"I resign as QB of the NYJ" - TT

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

How dumb in a way. 5 million 5 schmillion... I bet the first week sales from tebow jerseys will be that. Remember... this is all about PSL's. This wouldnt be the first team to gouge the fans for money. Remember the Sullivans? The G-Men got their sales this year the Jets need theirs. Gotta keep up with the Jones' ya know.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Besides the pure comedy in all of this making the Jets look like complete idiots, the next best thing about all this is it's safe to say no Jets fan's will be visiting this board any time soon!  They have to be hiding their heads in shame and embarrassment after last season and now all of this.  It really couldn't get any worse for a fan base or team..... Unless of course you are a Saints fan.

The only person I feel bad for about all of this is Tim Tebow.  Tebow has way too much class to have to play for that team especially now that all the thugs on the team are coming out saying they don't want him.  Looks like Rex still doesn't have control of that team.  The Jets players don't respect Rex and the ownership, otherwise they wouldn't be questioning their decision of trading for Tebow via the public forum.

LOL at the jets!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

It's obvious Rusty is correct in that they didn't realize they would owe the 5mil until after or the events wouldn't have happened that way. I kind of wonder if they all of a sudden realized that it would hit their cap on top of TT salary this year.

But they make it sound like it's major league baseball where a team wants the Red Sox to pay 90% of someones salary for taking a problem player off their hands. I've never heard of a trade go down like this in the NFL.

I also agree with TFB12 about feeling bad for TT. But then if it falls through he should praise god!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets could have seen their players reaction and figured this was a good way to get out of the trade.  What a joke that NYJ team is!!

Sections
Shortcuts