Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade

I honestly want to know how the Jets can back out of this? If they filed the trade papers they can't just say "sorry, forgot to read to contract. We want take backs"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Jets didn't read contract on Tebow Trade:
    [QUOTE]I honestly want to know how the Jets can back out of this? If they filed the trade papers they can't just say "sorry, forgot to read to contract. We want take backs"
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    They didn't.  They officially announced the trade before it was finalized.  This never got further than "an agreement in principle."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]I actually DON'T DOUBT they did miss it.  They're morons.  A normal organization, would know what Tebow's contract states, and either take it or leave it.  NY didn't know about the details and then caught the red flag portion, after the morons announced a press conference to announce their knee jerk trade for a guy who can't throw. Otherwise, if you knew about that part of the contract and had concerns or were negotiating why Denver should pay that part of it, why announce the trade had been consummated? It's pretty obvious they read the fine print AFTER annoucing the deal. lol Only the Jets would do this. I am telling ya.  They're so engrossed in making splashes to try to sell their plans to the fans, they don't do anything right. They're legendary morons.  Legendary. The Jets are now officially the dumbest franchise in the NFL. They make Al Davis and the Raiders or Matt Millen and the Lions look like geniuses.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

I go with Matt Millen. Davis was a great owner. Obviously he was suffering from senility in his latter years. Millen and the Jets were born stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

the contract was in Braille but Rex tried to read it with his feet

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Don't believe it, buyer's remorse...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

The trade is back on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Just gotta say,"Stupid is as stupid does!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It is sad as a Jet fan to acknowledge that this Franchise is the worst in all professional sports and I will never witness another championship in my life. Perhaps "69" and Namath was good for the NFL, but it has been bad for this organization. They have been tripping over their own feet for over 40 years trying to recapture it and it just isn't going to happen.

Someone, anyone, please explain to me what the upside is on a football level? The only person Tebow can replace is Fireman Ed as mascot.

Conversation on Tuesday night between Jets F.O.

Woody Johnson: "I have a really bad idea"
    Mike Tannenbaum" " And I know how to make it worse"

4th ad 6th Round plus 2.5 million of Tebow's bonus for a QB with a rating under 24 and a 7th round pick.

Knock - knock - anyone home. You idiots needed a pass rusher, a safety and a linebacker who can play beter than Scott can talk.

Jets are the only franchise in sports that can make the Mets look good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

(Note to Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum: For future reference, when you trade for a player, you assume his contract and all the trap doors, unless he's willing to re-structure. That's NFL 101, my friend. Learn it, know it, live it.) -- Yahoo News

I have never respected Mike Genius Tannenbaum before on this forum, and I'm not about to pull a U-turn today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE](Note to Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum: For future reference, when you trade for a player, you assume his contract and all the trap doors, unless he's willing to re-structure. That's NFL 101, my friend. Learn it, know it, live it.) -- Yahoo News I have never respected Mike Genius Tannenbaum before on this forum, and I'm not about to pull a U-turn today.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I think he is a good been counter and if Tebow was what he wanted, then he did good by getting Denver to pony up half the money. But I agree with you as far as his GM skills. I am still waiting for the Jets to get a pass rusher off the line. I think Abraham was the last one and they traded him for some ridiculous reason.

I cannot season the 2012 Jet football season being anything more than an effort in futility. And considering the strides they made in 2009 & 2010 in becoming a respectable franchise again, they should be ashamed of themselves.

The Cubs will win a championship before the Jets do.

Message to Woody Johnson - You have today's headlines, the Giants still have the trophy.