Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read.

Another opponant lets the Patriots off the hook..
    It's so simple really. If you expect to beat the Pats you have to play for 60 minutes. The Cowboys learned that lessen today, and it's remarkable other teams haven;t realized it either.

After going up 3 pts with a FG late in the 4QTR, the Cowboys' defense held Brady to a 3 and out with under 4 min remaining.

Pats had all 3 TO's at that point. Instead of staying aggressive and playing to make 1st downs the Cowboys went the conservative route running the ball 3 x and punting. This set Brady up wuth 2timeouts and just over 2 min to play. He only needed a field goal, but had no problem driving the full 80 yards for a game winning TD.

Teams can not let up against these guys. If you give them a crack Brady will always make you pay.

Run your offense, spread the filed a little bit. Make a couple of throws to WIN the game and go home happy.

Such fools. You can;t beat Brady with a conventional approach.
    Unread Today, 08:33 PM
    Veteran

Second week in a row where a Ryan brother came out with an excellent defensive game and the offense failed to support against a week Pats D. How the Pats get so lucky is beyond me. One thing is for certain though, the Pats don't look quite as good as they did last year. I think the Steelers will give them a run for their money next week.
    Unread Today, 08:35 PM
    Pro Bowler

It's quite simple really how they pull these wins out of a hat, they have all sold their souls to the devil!

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." General George Patton Jr
    Unread Today, 08:35 PM
    Veteran

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GangGreenage505 View Post
    Second week in a row where a Ryan brother came out with an excellent defensive game and the offense failed to support against a week Pats D. How the Pats get so lucky is beyond me. One thing is for certain though, the Pats don't look quite as good as they did last year. I think the Steelers will give them a run for their money next week.
    Refs are so freeking sympathetic to shrady! UGH, and let's face it, EVERY THIRD AND DOWN is a TIGHT END PLAY. Whether is 81, 82, or 83. IT'S GOING TO THEM.

When a team can CONSISTENTLY shut down those TE's and stop the run game, that's when Brady goes home with a big L. BUT the Cowboys should have won that gome, oh well.
    Unread Today, 08:41 PM
    Veteran

Yea the Pats run a Madden offense and teams don't know how to stop it. Can't believe the boys gave up on Dez Bryant at halftime, he was torching the Pats secondary. Trying to play conservative never really pays off against the Pats. You have to take your shots, especially on a secondary as bad as NE's.

It is a shame the Pats don't have to play the Ravens this year, I would love to see Brady get squished by Ngata...
    Unread Today, 08:47 PM
    Veteran

Maybe in the playoffs ***CROSSING FINGERS!!!***

But you're right, STOPPING Brady is about two things:

(A) make him feel uncomfortable in the pocket but most importantly
    (B) TAKE ALL HIS TE'S OUT OF THE EQUATION; his WR's are okay at best.

STOP the running game and take his TE's and it's over. I'm so tired of seeing 81, 82, and 83, consistently making the plays.

With that being said, I WANTED US TO DO THE SAME!
    I really like DK and Mulligan and it's so UNFORTUNATE Cumberland is out . . . I hope Schotty was half competent to utilize them in good packages. Let's face it, TE's in the NFL nowadays are the true play makers in offensive schemes.
    Unread Today, 09:11 PM
    Rookie

Cowboys went the conservative route running the ball 3 x and punting. .[/QUOTE]

They had no choice, if they put the ball in the air at this point and Romo turns it over AGAIN late in the game {like wk 1 when the Jets got their gift win and 2 wks ago against Lions} then they're done for the season and Garrett is out as coach
    Unread Today, 09:11 PM
    Veteran

I was really hoping Keller would become an elite TE this year, and for the first few games I thought it was going to be true. It looks like he has learned a lot from Tom Moore this year in terms of getting himself open. Schotty needs to call a lot more plays downfield for Keller, and he needs to be isolated in open space as well. He has the most lethal spin move of any TE and he is a beast when it comes to YAC. He can also beat safeties pretty well and if he is utilized at the deep level it will only make other plays like LT and Holmes run wild with the short stuff. If Keller has a good game, Sanchez usually has a good game simple as that.

Kellers production is a direct product of Schotty's terrible play calling. He needs to get targeted at least 5-8 times a game and at least 2-3 of those should be deep passes. We have Holmes, Plax, and Keller who can all win a 1v1 matchup yet we fail to take advantage of it. So far Schotty has not been smart with his match ups or his adjustments and he doesn't call plays to take advantage of the situation.

Who knows, if losing to Miami gets Schotty fired it might be a blessing in disguise...
    Unread Today, 09:17 PM
    Rookie

Scary thing is the Pats have put up 2 pretty solid defensive efforts together.
    Held Cowboys to 1 TD; and defensively they're not as bad as people here like to think they are
    Remember we did nothing on them for three qtrs. and most of the yards in that game came in the 4th when they went into drop back preventless "D" just to let the clock run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read.

There's something wrong. The last poster sounds too realistic and intelligent to be a Jets fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

maybe he knows a thing or two about football, unlike the rest of them fake yets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Rookie

Scary thing is the Pats have put up 2 pretty solid defensive efforts together.
    Held Cowboys to 1 TD; and defensively they're not as bad as people here like to think they are
    Remember we did nothing on them for three qtrs. and most of the yards in that game came in the 4th when they went into drop back preventless "D" just to let the clock run
    ........................................................................................................

Not many smart jet fans out there but here is one. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read.:
     There's something wrong. The last poster sounds too realistic and intelligent to be a Jets fan.
    Posted by Evil2012

Funny thing is, Evil, the last poster comes off as far more mature than the rest and he's listed as a "rookie" and the others "veterans". lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Posted by Evil2012

He must be a disguised Pats fan. NO way could a Jets fan actually sound the least bit knowledgable and rational. Either way, I get a kick out of reading those pathetic posts. Haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

What's with them talking about the TEs, 81, 82, and 83? Last I looked, our two TEs were 81 and 87, and 83 was a WR.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like that one dudes avatar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read. : Funny thing is, Evil, the last poster comes off as far more mature than the rest and he's listed as a "rookie" and the others "veterans". lol
    Posted by Hog73

Didn't notice that. I guess he's too new to have his brain sucked dry by the rest of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read. : Funny thing is, Evil, the last poster comes off as far more mature than the rest and he's listed as a "rookie" and the others "veterans". lol
    Posted by Hog73

lol well said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, I don't know, but the jet troll activity sure has quieted down....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

#82 making plays? That Dan Gronkowski is a beast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I like that one dudes avatar
    Posted by tcal2-

you know they have one with him without a shirt on lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read. : lol well said.
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence

Nice post, btw, NMD. If I'm ever bored those Jets posters never fail to humor me. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read. : Nice post, btw, NMD. If I'm ever bored those Jets posters never fail to humor me. lol
    Posted by Hog73

Who needs clowns when you have yets fans lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Discussion on PATS vs Boy's game must read. : Who needs clowns when you have yets fans lol
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence

Jets fans are clowns. They're amatuer clowns. Not smart enough to be professional clowns

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Dumbest fans in the NFL, by far; and it's been that way for a long, long time (I had several run-ins with them back in the 80s when I was in college in upstate NY---Jets fans are some of the dumbest people I've ever met).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The really scary part is some of what they were saying makes sense.

Last week against the Jets it was a dominant game by the Pats. The D and O made some mistakes but there was no doubt in my mind they had control of this game.

This game though... The D was in control the O wasn't until the last 2 mins. When you turn the ball over 4 times it's hard to win and Dal running the ball 3 times on their last drive certianly benefited us. After the first run gets you nothing you might try a screen or a very high % pass to get a 1st but then they shot themselves in the foot again with a penalty.

If Dal was more disciplined it might have been a diferent game but they weren't and we took advantage of their penalties. That's what good teams do.

The Jets fans do have a great reason to be scared though. Our D has put up back to back to back games now that they have held when they needed to which should scare a lot of teams.

What's really scary is if you take away garbage time TD's and the 1 pick 6 Brady tossed the Pats D is giving up just under 18 points per game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

They blame thier OC too much... They dont realize the simple truth... THEIR QB IS TERRIBLE!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

They blame thier OC too much... They dont realize the simple truth... THEIR QB IS TERRIBLE!
    Posted by Coolguy55220

stop!!! we want them believing they have a great qb. if we can just figure out how to drive the fan base to insist to management that they should give the guy a long contract, i'd be there supporting the effort.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

you crack me up...of course there's nothing we do here that will matter to whatever deal sanchez has, gets or does not get.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts