Jets due for annual collapse....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jets due for annual collapse....

That was 1986, right?

That was after the collapse against NE in the playoffs the year before. They have always been like that. Very over-confident. I don't know why they do it, but they do.

Early forecast is 40% chance or rain/snow and upper 20s.

Wind at about 10-15 MPH.

Not good for Hair Gel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Let's not discount the jests' long losing tradition. Remember, they've been buying SB tickets since Richard Nixoin was president. It takes more than pulling out a few last minute games against sub 500 teams to turn a traditional loser into a winner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Honestly, does anybody recall the last time the jests had 10 wins in a season? I know they won the division in 2002 on the 5th tie-breaker between the 9-7 Pats, jests, and phins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, this looks like a year where Green New Jersey is trying to make the statement that it's not the same old Jests. We'll see. They haven't been particularly impressive in recent games against the dregs of the league, but at least they're winning those games. New England and Bitchburgh represent two of the three teams that rule the roost in the AFC and if Green New Jersey wants to crack that company, they're not going to do it by squeaking out wins against the Lions and the Texans. If they've actually got any punch to back up the swagger, we'll know soon enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

After two prominent Jets and Vernon Gholston were nabbed for a DUI at 4:30 a.m.,  I predicted that the Jets as a team were too into alcohol to have any stamina down the stretch.  This collapse happens perennially to drunken teams.

The Sancheese has gotten headlines for two out on the town incidents, the last one where he's saying that the Jets is his girlfriend (honk!) before walking down a catwalk at a charity event, and the first where he sang a duet at a karaoke bar.  I don't know about his alcohol consumption, but here's how his last game went:

This was a game dominated by a combination of defense and inept, woeful, disastrous interception-throwing from the quarterbacks on both sides.

In the end, Carson Palmer managed to throw more horrific interceptions than Mark Sanchez did, but the young upstart had to rely on some suspect hands from Bengals corner Leon Hall to avoid a tie in that regard.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/26/refocused-week-12-bengals-at-jets/

It's like Santa's disappointment when he finds the elves breaking down with a bottle of bourbon open on the toyline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed.  Should be interesting. They seem like a team that plays down the competition and up when they have to do so.

If I am Jets fan here, I don't like the match up because my team plays man coverage (90%) and use blitz schemes to rush the passer.

It works great agains the spread offense, but it's not so good when you don't know if it's a pass or run.

Now that NE can run almost at will with the infusion of the TEs and play action aidding that, and Mankins back, at home, Sanchez will have to be lights out in this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets due for annual collapse....:
    [QUOTE]After two prominent Jets and Vernon Gholston were nabbed for a DUI at 4:30 a.m.,  I predicted that the Jets as a team were too into alcohol to have any stamina down the stretch.  This collapse happens perennially to drunken teams. The Sancheese has gotten headlines for two out on the town incidents, the last one where he's saying that the Jets is his girlfriend (honk!) before walking down a catwalk at a charity event, and the first where he sang a duet at a karaoke bar.  I don't know about his alcohol consumption, but here's how his last game went: This was a game dominated by a combination of defense and inept, woeful, disastrous interception-throwing from the quarterbacks on both sides. In the end, Carson Palmer managed to throw more horrific interceptions than Mark Sanchez did, but the young upstart had to rely on some suspect hands from Bengals corner Leon Hall to avoid a tie in that regard. http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/11/26/refocused-week-12-bengals-at-jets/
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Are you a Baptist or something? I noticed you focusing on this alcohol thing before.

Some of the best players of all time liked to have some drinks here and there on an off day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets due for annual collapse.... : Are you a Baptist or something? I noticed you focusing on this alcohol thing before. Some of the best players of all time liked to have some drinks here and there on an off day.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I don't drink much at all.  Mostly I care about the idea because it has legs, because it's a good predictor of long-term behavior, especially these December crash and burns.  I recognize that most of the NFL players drink, but some teams attract more than their share of DUIs with carfuls of players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]and one jet is due for anal collapse - their gay qb
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
    Do you have a problem with gays? Knock that shi ot off as shole.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

its time for their humbling...hopefully in a very unhumbling manner...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

[QUOTE]and one jet is due for anal collapse - their gay qb
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

I don't think Hillary would think to fondly of that statement. Lol