Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones?

In response to "Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones? : You do make some very good points and quite honestly what you are saying is the NFL draft in a nut shell, however I think Gholston and Coples have something in common...lack of heart. I remember watching Gholston play in the most important game of his life before he left for the draft, and I couldn't believe what a dog he was. This was a guy with all world talent and he was getting pushed around, not chasing down plays and he could care less about putting his body in a pile. From everything I've read about Coples, he has some similar traits. I will always bet against a defensive lineman that doesn't have heart or is known for not giving max effort. When you weigh 260 plus pounds and have to move guys that are 300 plus pounds, it is very hard to do if you historically aren't an effort type of guy. I've just seen too many of these types fail. There have been some guys that had amazing talent, but with questionable desire/heart that have done well...Chester McGlocton, Trevor Price, Haynesworth, but most of these types are big disappointments. The three I mentioned above were no picnics either. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] I do remember this was the big criticism, he disappeared in Ohio's biggest game. There were signs, but it's certainly easier to see in hindsight than it was then. There were signs Brady could be great, but I suppose you can go back with almost anybody and look at something and say "how did we miss that".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones?:
    [QUOTE]Character DOES matter. Virtually the entire group recruited to NC by the sleazebagger coach had problems. They were all talented, but lacked the qualities you want in a player. When was the last time the Jets were in the Superbowl??
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]

Sleazy and low class NY and NJ types like Mangione wouldn't know character if it fell on their head during a taping of Jersey Shore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones? : Matched up in zone?  I see.  My apologies.  That makes a lot of sense now why the pass D was so awful.  BB had them playing zone, McCourty was playing man.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

You are a dumba$$.  McCourty was asked to play a lot more man to man last year against top receivers and he struggled.  Of course since you don't actually watch football you wouldn't know this.  In addition because Arrington was moved to the outside he was given most of the safety help and McCourty was left out on an island.  Wilson meanwhile was rarely asked to cover anyone of note because Cromartie and Revis were almost always asked to cover the best receivers.  Despite the fact that Wilson was routinely assigned scrubs to cover he was still in the bottom of the league in terms of completion % allowed.  McCourty has at least demonstrated that he can perform at a pro bowl level.  Wilson has shown he can sort of cover team's 3rd best receivers.  If McCourty bounces back to even half of what he was his rookie season he would be better than Wilson.  Wilson "improved" only because he was so useless his rookie year.  Of course it is ironic that you are even making these claims given that you constantly whine about how you cannot evaluate picks so early on.  Then again all you do is spin to fit your pathetic Jets homer agenda. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones? : I see.  IYO, it is more impressive to fail badly against "top receivers" than succeed in the slot- the easiest place for a DB to play.  That makes sense.  The patsies have all the best players on one of the worst Ds and the Jets have all of the worst players on one of the best Ds.  I guess it just comes down to better coaching.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Nice straw man.  I never said the Jet's secondary was terrible.  Revis and Cromartie are both excellent corners.  As usual you are overrating Wilson.  He was not that great in a vacuum as I noted previously he was in the bottom of the league in terms of completion percentage against (per Pro Football Focus) let alone when you consider who he was tasked to cover.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

What a shock, Mangione overrates another Jets player. "Tannenbaum traded up for him or he took him in the 1st rd, so he must be an All Pro in a Jets uniform! Yay!  All the way to the SB this year!"

Kyle Wilson wouldn't even make the PAts roster.  Kyle Arrington is better than Kyle WIlson. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The patsies have all the best players on one of the worst Ds and the Jets have all of the worst players on one of the best Ds. I guess it just comes down to better coaching.
    Posted by JetMangione

Apparently it does because how else do you explain a terrible D allowing only 36 points in 2 games to the awsome D that allowed 67 points?
    SWEEP!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Yeah, right. Only the Jets play man coverages. No one else does. 

NEWSFLASH: BB is the greatest defensive mastermind in NFL history and is walking into the HOF the day after he retires.

The NY Jets, are a trash organziation with overrated/me players and a loser owner, GM and coach.  You'll never win jack squat even with your odd fixation repeating the terms "man coverage".  lol

Who cut Molden? I didn't. He wasn't resigned. The champion Giants sure thought he was good enough after BB resurrected his career here last year.

Meriweather was in the last year of a very cheap rookie contract.  Butler was being paid 2nd rd money, so the money in each case was meaningless.

How many SBs have your current DBs played in?  lol!!

Keep talking up your overrated players on that vaunted Jets D. 2009 and 2010 are long gone, inbred.  Long gone.  Your team missed their window as a paper tiger.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE] The patsies have all the best players on one of the worst Ds and the Jets have all of the worst players on one of the best Ds. I guess it just comes down to better coaching. Posted by JetMangione Apparently it does because how else do you explain a terrible D allowing only 36 points in 2 games to the awsome D that allowed 67 points? SWEEP!!!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

The Jets also gave up more points than the Pats on the year.  Maybe one of the better defenses is not as good as one of the worst defenses.   

Bizzarro World Football.  The Jets offense scored about 200 points less than the Pats.  I guess that makes the Jets offense the best in the league.

It's no wonder the Jets have won 3 imaginary Superbowls in a row! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Erred in Taking Coples Over Chandler Jones? : The Jets also gave up more points than the Pats on the year.  Maybe one of the better defenses is not as good as one of the worst defenses.    Bizzarro World Football.  The Jets offense scored about 200 points less than the Pats.  I guess that makes the Jets offense the best in the league. It's no wonder the Jets have won 3 imaginary Superbowls in a row! 
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

Typical Jets' fan logic...LOL!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Why was Vernon Gholston a bust? People act like they knew all along now, and all the people around here that liked him have developed amnesia. People now say he was just a workout warrior. He wasn't, he was a leader in sacks in the big 10 and faced some very good tackles like Jake Long (and was the only guy to beat him for a sack his last season). Mayock had him as the fourth best player in 08. You can google his scouting reports almost everyone had him as a top 10 pick and those that didn't had him as a first rounder still. How could everyone come to the same conclusion, and everyone be wrong.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    If you want a research assignment, go back that far and read my posts.  A week before the draft I was opining on this forum, "Puh-leeze let the Jets take Stone-Hips Gholston".  Then the Jets actually took the guy!  I don't give a hoot about national reporters.  I lay it out there and call 'em right sometimes.

I respect Wes Bunting of the National Football Post.  He's the guy that noticed how stiff Gholston's hips were.  He couldn't play linebacker!  Next, he had no moves for pass-rushing except for a bull rush, and at that he was an undersized flyweight on the line.  So what else would happen to him?

If you want a recent research assignment, go look at my correct call on the rumor that yes, the Patriots are very, very hot for Chandler Jones.

I now consider Coples's benching to be an indicator that he ticked Rex off something fierce.  Rex has to motivate this guy.

That does it!  Quinton Coples just earned himself a new nickname, Quinton Motivation Coples.  Just wait until he talks to Plaxico Quitter Burress about how to handle the Jets' front office.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hey Texas Pat- I agree with you--BTW Mike Mayok?   said Chandler Jones will be the best defensive player taken in the entire draft in 3 years! And MM is arguably the best talent evaluator amongst his peers-bar none!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Texas Pat- I agree with you--BTW Mike Mayok?   said Chandler Jones will be the best defensive player taken in the entire draft in 3 years! And MM is arguably the best talent evaluator amongst his peers-bar none!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Let's hope Mayock has it right, Jimmy!

Sections
Shortcuts