Jets Falling Apart After Foxboro Beat-down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jets Falling Apart After Foxboro Beat-down

Things haven't been the same for the Green Gotham Goblins, ever since they were lambasted, 45-3, on national TV by the Patriots. Clearly, the Pats beat the swagger out of Rex and his over paid bunch of mercenaries...who have continued to  point fingers at each other ever since.

Subsequent to the Foxboro Flop, for days after, the Jets and the NY media couldn't stop talking about the loss, and assigning blame. It appeared that the last thing on their minds was the Jets' next game, at home against the Miami Dolphins. The Jets' lack of concentration on the 'Fins was readily apparent, leading to their pathetic 10-6 loss...as they were serenaded by their "loyal"  fans with a chorus of boos.

What? No predictions this week against the Steelers, Rex?: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/football/jets/121610_Sullivan_Rex_Ryans_swagger_now_a_stutter-step_amid_losing_streak.html

LOL!!!     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Jets Falling Apart After Foxboro Beat-down

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Great photoshop. I'm surprised that a picture of Rex exists with his mouth closed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

"puts hands to eyes, mimics 'cry' emote"

you should have put his face on the caboose

good post lone star, havent been here in awhile, good to see your still carrying the torch for the fans

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'm surprised that a picture of Rex exists with his mouth closed

I think he's just been fed a huge mouthful of crow and is having a hard time swallowing it!

Big mouth Rex has certainly toned down his BS lately.His comments suggest he's quite nervous about going into Pittsburgh. As well he should be! The Steelers offense has been short of spectacular also, but their defense takes the ball away and keeps the opposition out of the end zone very well (except when they're led by Tom Brady, that is). I don't see how Sanchez can hope to put up points on them, especially if his WRs keep dropping the throws he does manage to put in the right spot. His penchant for bad decisions does not bode well for success when facing Troy Palomalu, either! I'll bet that guy is licking his chops thinking about the opportunities he could have on Sunday! If Sanchez has confidence issues now, he'll be crying for his mama after this week's game! Only to have to go to Chicago, where the Bears will certainly want to show the NE game was a fluke for their D. By the time they get to the Bills this team may be totally disenchanted, and to be sure their fans will show no mercy. Neither will the media. I'n sure by New Year's even fireman Ed will be using the age old acronym for their name...Just End The Season!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Falling Apart After Foxboro Beat-down:
    I'm surprised that a picture of Rex exists with his mouth closed.
    Posted by Evil2010

Haha, not many do.  Hard to find that one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Bub I find it hard to believe rex has trouble swallowing anything smaller than a whole hog

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

38d3dfcd-b469-4dc3-b1a2-804ddeddb663.Large.jpg

Wrecks Ryan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from novapatsfan. Show novapatsfan's posts

I would not be surprised if the Jets lost all of their remaining games and missed the playoffs; but then again it would be great to see them take another beating in the second round of the playoffs in Foxboro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Yet more proof of the utter desperation of the New York Jets and the NY media: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/16/jets-controversy-unearths-apparent-belichick-tripping-video/, and
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5923502

LOL!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They're not done losing yet...the best is yet to come.  Pittsburgh is going to eat this Jets team alive. 

Rex and the NYJets are a perfect match.  They deserve each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jets catch a huge break, as Troy Polamalu won't play Sunday: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10351/1111429-66.stm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am pretty sure that won't matter.   Have you looked at NY's depth chart at Safety?

Brodney Pool and who else are defending Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Ward, etc, etc?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by BradyMossFan

Great photo...LOL!!!. Have any of you ever seen a team fall completely apart after the loss of one regular season game? Jets coaches and players are still pointing fingers at each other. The Jets fans are, as usual, disillusioned, and irate...LOL!!!

Check out this NY Times article on the Jests. Also, be sure to check out the photo of QB Mark Sanchez atop the article, who has the look of a lost street urchin: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/sports/football/17jets.html?_r=1&ref=football

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Jets catch a huge break, as Troy Polamalu won't play Sunday: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10351/1111429-66.stm
    Posted by TexasPat3

The Jets are going to need more help than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

Well . . .   if I'm Santonio Holmes, I'm breathing a little easier. Those cutesy little slants the Jests love to run can be murder against Bitchburgh.

(incidentally, on December 17th, if you type "Sant" into Google, you get Santonio Holmes before you get Santa Claus -- or I do, at any rate. I found that odd)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dick LeBeau is no dummy. You can't throw a slant over and over again.  It worked against bad teams, but just barely.

That will not work against Pitt.

And there is the Sanchez factor with weather in the mid 20s and snow.

Expect problems for Broadway Mark here on out.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Expect problems for Broadway Mark here on out.
    Posted by BBReigns

"Broadway Mark" <snicker />

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I made a bold prediction this off season that the Jets would implode and never live up to all the hype. My reasoning was that they would lose to the Ravens and Pats to open the season and then have all the pressure from the media coming down on them and especially Sanchez. This would make going into Miami difficult and have them possibly start the seaosn 0-3.

Well....the Pats let them off the hook. But now it looks like the implosion is happening. The last phase to my offseason prediction was when the team actually turns on itself.

Let's see what happens in Pittsburgh this weekend

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I made a bold prediction this off season that the Jets would implode and never live up to all the hype. My reasoning was that they would lose to the Ravens and Pats to open the season and then have all the pressure from the media coming down on them and especially Sanchez. This would make going into Miami difficult and have them possibly start the seaosn 0-3. Well....the Pats let them off the hook. But now it looks like the implosion is happening. The last phase to my offseason prediction was when the team actually turns on itself. Let's see what happens in Pittsburgh this weekend
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Hey Sam! My pre-season prediction on the Jets was that, despite all the hype over their "D", that they would only go as far as "The Sanchise" could take them. In other words, that the continued growth and improvement of Mark Sanchez was a prerequisite to the Jets becoming an elite team.

What has pleasantly surprised me is the great play of the Pats 2010 rookie class, particularly Devin McCourty. With the brutal schedule that the Pats had, I saw them as a 10-6, maybe 11-5 team, that would gradually improve as the season rolled on. I never dreamed that the 2010 edition of the "Good Guys" would be a potential 14-2 juggernaut. But McCourty, Danny Woodhead, BJGE, Gronk, Branch, Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Cunningham, Spikes, Wilfolk, Brady and the boys have made a believer out of me.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I predicted the Jets would go 1-2 or maybe 0-3 out of the gate and the implosion would happen sooner, so I was wrong there.

But, the overall prediction of the implosion and Sanchez getting WORSE, as he did last year, is proving to be true.

How funny is it that McCourty is going to the Pro Bowl, Revis isn't, and the fact Revis held out for 16 million in 2010 and the loss to Baltimore, might be a reason the Jets miss the playoffs?

Does that not encapsulate the difference between the Pats and Jets, in terms of allocating funds to which positions and how to build a team?

Oh my.  

Sanchez's QB rating is the WORST in the NFL for any every week QB starter since Week 1.

Dropped below 80 again after the NE game, as predicted.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go
    Jets team building approach = FAIL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The irony is that it's like having the yankees (of old) in their division.  However, in this case, there is a salary cap; rules to play by; etc...

Maybe the jest should move to another division?  We'll put them alone in their own division so they're always assured of a division crwon and playoff spot.  However, they would still need to play the good teams in the other divisions...drats!  Maybe it's not just the Pats?  It's the league!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Tex,
    I can't agree with you more on this. I had them at 10 wins with the O carrying a still young D. I still can't really put my arms around a team being at the bottom of overall defense and having a chance to go 14-2?
    I also remember you saying how Sanchez would be the demise of the team and I agreed then and I agree now, it's like giving the keys to a Ferrari to an old man with a fedora.

Russ, I remember you and I going back and forth agreeing how this would happen. I really never saw them getting going so I have to say I was wrong there as well.

Now maybe Rex will understand why nobody else uses that offseason bragging and superbowl prediction approach.....because all you end up doing is eating your words and in this case the entire country is enjoying this one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

The most important question yet to be asked:

REX,

WHO THE *$#@! IS GONNA CLEAN THAT GRAFITTI S*$T OFF THE DAMN BUS????

Sections
Shortcuts