Jets Fan Posting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Jets Fan Posting

I can truthfully say that I regret ever having posted on this thread.  It's all yours guys.  Feel free to rip one another to shreds, electronically speaking, but for crying out loud whatever you do, don't even think about having a civil discussion on football.  I mean we might after all actually learn something.  Can't have that now can we? 

I'm out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Fan Posting:
    [QUOTE]Make no mistake, the Jets have a lot of fight in them.  Ryan clearly is an emotional leader, and players respond to that...for a while.  However, if it is true that Ryan publicly blamed the punter for taking a chance that was offered to him, some of those players that respond to emotional coaching will feeled betrayed by Ryan.  It becomes a slippery slope. My problem with the Jets and their fan base is that they have a collectively cocky sense of entitlement: "We live in the world's greatest city (true), therefore we shall have the greatest football team this season...no, I meant next season...I meant the season after next season...I meant within five seasons..."   Then Jets fans come here in the off-season and pre-season and relentlessly rub our faces in it, every year: "Look at what so-and-so said at which-and-what about the Jets! Super Bowl-bound, Cheatriots!"  It is an annual celebration of unsubstantiated, premature boasting. And when the Patriots (at least under BB and Kraft) again win the division, and perhaps the conference and the title, year-after-year, the Jets fans come here and bring up SpyHate (completing ignoring their own team's spying history leading up to that event, or its other treachery, like repeated contract tampering, etc.), or they talk about Brady's girlfriend/wife/haircut/chin/other such nonsense. Or they talk about how they hate BB's persona, Massachusetts liberals, clam chowder, and blah, and blah, and blah. No class.  No congrats.  Because Ryan relies on the fragile method of emotional coaching, has a poor QB IMO, and is riding a tiger of lax discipline, I fully expect the Jets to self-destruct as a result of this most-embarrassing-loss-following-unprecedented-hype.  We've seen this movie before...over and over and over.  But for now, they are 5-2, have a strong D, and a somewhat talented coach, despite his foibles. The Pats fans should not expect the Jets to roll over in the re-match, or even remain out of first in the division.  We'll just have to wait and see...which is what we Pats fans wished your run-of-the-mill Jets fans would learn to do.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Good post.

He did blame the punter, I think. He questioned his decision making when aksed of the play after the game. I question why on earth a coach would give the punter that kind of authority in playcalling, which appears to be the case.

He either couldn't admit the punter has clearance or he chose to throw Weatherford under the bus.

I agree that's a reflection on a low IQ coach.

Some coaches are really only coordinators and Rex is one of those people in a very long line (Norvie, Marvie Lewis, Lovie Smith, Wade Phillips, Gailey, etc).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I can truthfully say that I regret ever having posted on this thread.  It's all yours guys.  Feel free to rip one another to shreds, electronically speaking, but for crying out loud whatever you do, don't even think about having a civil discussion on football.  I mean we might after all actually learn something.  Can't have that now can we?  I'm out.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

We have civil discussions all the time but never involving the Jets or with their trolls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Make no mistake, the Jets have a lot of fight in them.  Ryan clearly is an emotional leader, and players respond to that...for a while.  However, if it is true that Ryan publicly blamed the punter for taking a chance that was offered to him, some of those players that respond to emotional coaching will feeled betrayed by Ryan.  It becomes a slippery slope. My problem with the Jets and their fan base is that they have a collectively cocky sense of entitlement: "We live in the world's greatest city (true), therefore we shall have the greatest football team this season...no, I meant next season...I meant the season after next season...I meant within five seasons..."   Then Jets fans come here in the off-season and pre-season and relentlessly rub our faces in it, every year: "Look at what so-and-so said at which-and-what about the Jets! Super Bowl-bound, Cheatriots!"  It is an annual celebration of unsubstantiated, premature boasting. And when the Patriots (at least under BB and Kraft) again win the division, and perhaps the conference and the title, year-after-year, the Jets fans come here and bring up SpyHate (completing ignoring their own team's spying history leading up to that event, or its other treachery, like repeated contract tampering, etc.), or they talk about Brady's girlfriend/wife/haircut/chin/other such nonsense. Or they talk about how they hate BB's persona, Massachusetts liberals, clam chowder, and blah, and blah, and blah. No class.  No congrats.  Because Ryan relies on the fragile method of emotional coaching, has a poor QB IMO, and is riding a tiger of lax discipline, I fully expect the Jets to self-destruct as a result of this most-embarrassing-loss-following-unprecedented-hype.  We've seen this movie before...over and over and over.  But for now, they are 5-2, have a strong D, and a somewhat talented coach, despite his foibles. The Pats fans should not expect the Jets to roll over in the re-match, or even remain out of first in the division.  We'll just have to wait and see...which is what we Pats fans wished your run-of-the-mill Jets fans would learn to do.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I doubt any rational person expects the jets to roll over. Their whole identity and that of their fans seems to revolve around beating us. Pats fans on the other hand have loftier goals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Fan Posting : Is there such a thing as a negative IQ number?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

in weeweedueshe case yes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Fan Posting : I doubt any rational person expects the jets to roll over. Their whole identity and that of their fans seems to revolve around beating us. Pats fans on the other hand have loftier goals.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

It's the equivalent of Red Sox fans badgering Yankee fans every year prior to 2004.

Until that season, no Red Sox fan had business pestering Yankee fans without a real leg to stand on.

The payroll was millions off, the infrastructure was out whack, the philosophy with how to approach building was flawed, etc.

Jets fans are insecure because they are the redheaded stepchild fanbase in that city. Even Giants fans make fun of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Fan Posting : It's the equivalent of Red Sox fans badgering Yankee fans every year prior to 2004. Until that season, no Red Sox fan had business pestering Yankee fans without a real leg to stand on. The payroll was millions off, the infrastructure was out whack, the philosophy with how to approach building was flawed, etc. Jets fans are insecure because they are the redheaded stepchild fanbase in that city. Even Giants fans make fun of them.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

As a 20 year resident of upstate NY.... All the years I've lived up here I've known 2 Jets fans. I never saw people wearing jets gear or showing car decals or flags. Now all of a sudden it's everywhere. Even the sporting goods chains have reduced the number of Bills and Giants gear in their displays to be replaced by Sanchez shirts. It's hillarious.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I feel sorry for them.  Even that Fireman Ed toolchest acts 12.

Buffalo and Giants fans are secure with whom they are and just are normal fans.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Fan Posting : in weeweedueshe case yes

I'm still trying to figure out how the movie is a threat to his manhood. Obviously he lacks the capacity to appreciate intelligent humor. Maybe it's a hate for medieval things. I wonder how he feels about the Holy Grail?

Maybe he went to a Medieval Manor type place and got crapped on by the king or bslapped by a serving wench..

Sections
Shortcuts