Jets game now crucial and not a gimme

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Jets game now crucial and not a gimme

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to PhatRex's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

and pezz, the pats offense were 0-5 on their last 5 third down attempts.....do i really need to say more?

So? that is meaningless.  Nobody converts all their 3rd down attempts unless they are russell wilson playing the pats in the 4th qtr.

this is also false, the pats defense stopped wilson with three minutes and change left in the game, handed it to the golden boy to close it out, and what did he do? THREE AND OUT!!!! DISGUSTING!! brady's qb rating in the second half was 43! didnt know we traded for mark sanchez...

Not sure if you quite understand why teams build good defenses.  Let me help.  It's to shut down good offenses. 

im not saying the pats defense is great, but i felt they played good enough to win.....if the offense were at least average in the 2nd half, the pats would have won.

What part of giving up 2 td's  with 9 minutes left to a freaking rookie, 29th ranked rookie QB, says they played good enough to win?  You sir are a crusty joke.  You bash the O for not scoring in the 4th but think it's perfectly acceptable for the D to give up 2 TD's in the last minutes to a QB that's played 5 freaking NFL games. UNFLUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

I wouldn't even blame TB for packing up and moving to San Fran.  At least he would be appreciated and have a dam D to boot so he didn't have to carry the dead weight of the team and the pathetic ungreatful fans too.

I guess from now on, the O has to score on every possession no matter who they play so that they can win or else TB is a failure because every one is content with a D that can't get off the field unless they allow a score, or get a turn over.  Boy oh, boy, 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am not sure why every loss turns into the same, Brady vs. the Defense argument. 

Today, Brady had a bad second half and the secondary was crap.

There are a lot of other things though, Ridley could not get yards when he need them on the second to last possesion (in fact he had 7 carries for 16 yards total in the 4th - four of those carries went for 1 yard or less).  Seattle never got consitent pressure on Brady until that final possession. There only sack of the game came when it was the most devastating. 

The coaching overall was terrible. Bad clock management. Getting greedy at the end of the first half instead of just kicking the FG. Wasted time outs in the second half (they used their final time out on defense with over two minutes to go because the got caught trying to subsitute players when Seattle was running the hurry up). 

As unbelievable as it is, Pete Carroll had a better defensive game plan for Tom Brady then Bill Belichick had for Russell Wilson. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

enough of the "ungrateful" accusations....im plenty glad that we have tom brady, but im willing to admit he makes mistakes, and he has made many more this season than usual....this season is far from over, so he can improve....im just going off what i have seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Frnk, i agree 100%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

enough of the "ungrateful" accusations....im plenty glad that we have tom brady, but im willing to admit he makes mistakes, and he has made many more this season than usual....this season is far from over, so he can improve....im just going off what i have seen.

Did any one claim he didn't make mistakes?  No they didn't and that's the point.  If the O has an off day, the D has to step up.  They never do!  NO Qb wins every game on their own merit, yet some here think he should.  Absolutely the worst fan base any where, ever! Spoiled rotton to the core.  Not everyone, but enough clones to make it pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jets game not a gimme?  Good, that's how it should be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

No game is a gimme in this NFL. This Patriots team is similar to last years. If they can get up big they just keep rolling. Three wins by a 21, 24, and 10 points. Three losses by 1, 2, and 1. 

Even last week against Denver, if not for the McGahee fumble. That could have been a 3 point game with three minutes left to play. I am not sure how much faith I would have had in the Patriots O to get a first down in that situation. 

If any team can just keep it close into the fourth quarter, I know longer expect the Patriots to be able to get a couple of first downs or score to seal the game. Even more so, I have zero faith in the defense to stop anyone with the game on the line.

In the three losses, the Patriots have been outscored 31-15 in the fourth quarter. Outside of the ridiculous performance in Buffalo, the Pats have just one fourth quarter touchdown! In fact, Buffalo is the only game this season where they outscored the other team in the second half. 

I would feel confident that Jets passing attack is so weak, but Wilson had a quarterback rating of 75, more picks than TDs and one completion over 40 yards coming into today's game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

Jets wouldnt be a gimme anyways there offense might suck but there defense has looked decent in every game besides 49ers.

Hate to say it but with our secondary Suckchez will probally look like an all-pro.

The good news is no one in the AFC looks head and shoulders above the rest look at the Texans some people have them as the best tean in the NFL and they get smoked at home last night. Baltimore should have lost yesterday ,heck they could easily be 3-3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I am not sure why every loss turns into the same, Brady vs. the Defense argument. 

Today, Brady had a bad second half and the secondary was crap.

There are a lot of other things though, Ridley could not get yards when he need them on the second to last possesion (in fact he had 7 carries for 16 yards total in the 4th - four of those carries went for 1 yard or less).  Seattle never got consitent pressure on Brady until that final possession. There only sack of the game came when it was the most devastating. 

The coaching overall was terrible. Bad clock management. Getting greedy at the end of the first half instead of just kicking the FG. Wasted time outs in the second half (they used their final time out on defense with over two minutes to go because the got caught trying to subsitute players when Seattle was running the hurry up). 

As unbelievable as it is, Pete Carroll had a better defensive game plan for Tom Brady then Bill Belichick had for Russell Wilson. 

The biggest reason why it turns into that argument is because many expect Brady to compensate for the other deficiencies of the team.

The guy puts up a 100 in the SB and people slam him. Others expect him to be judged on his own merit and not on what he is "supposed" to do to make up for other team deficiencies. A 100 in the SB is pretty damned good.

Additionally, some feel he is not to be judged based on "he's Tom Brady" but rather on what he actually does. If he throws up a 79 like he did against the Seahawks that's around "average" by NFL standards. It's not "terrible" because it's Tom Brady doing it.

And if people want to judge him by those unfair standards, then others like me will confront them on it.

He is the 6th rated passer at the moment and 1st in yards. His better than 3/1 TD/INT ratio is in keeping with his career numbers which are just about the best of all-time.

Tom Brady is not the reason this team is 3-3. Having one of the most inept, god awful defenses we have ever seen is.

It's really as simple as that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

100% correct.  BB is getting outcoached regularly.  He has not improved and the rest of the league has. 

It is extremely rare That BB outcoaches anyone.  No imagination left - just vanilla defenses that don't stop anyone.

Remember when BB had the genius reputation?  Give BB a week to scheme and he can confuse any great QB?  Now BB can't confuse Russell Wilson.  Wilson was so comfy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I said this last week--that the Pats can't assume the matchups with the Jets would be a cakewalk.

And believe me, I want the Pats to win.

We seem to be where we were at a certain point last year--no wins against any team that has a winning record, and we don't win unless the offense scores more than 30 points.

(Sarcasm Font) Is it just me, or is the only thing the Pats "prevent" D preventing is having the opposing Offense actually have to run a lot of time off the clock to score points against us?

Sections
Shortcuts