Jets Get a Break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jets Get a Break

It's been reported that RB Reggie Bush will miss the Jets game Sunday, due to a knee injury: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/30/reggie-bush-out-for-sunday-vs-jets/  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Jets Get a Break

still a snowballs chance in hell that they will make the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

They will find a way to lose any ways

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I actually would like for the Jets to make the playoff (lower draft pick) and then come to Foxborough and get trounced !

The teams I want to beat enroute to the SB are..

Ravens and Jets (the teams we lost to the last 2 years) !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Get a Break:
    [QUOTE]still a snowballs chance in hell that they will make the playoffs
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

It's not as far fetched as you think:

Recapping what the Jets need besides a victory over Miami: A Cincinnati loss against visiting Baltimore; a Tennessee loss at Houston; and a Denver loss against visiting Kansas City OR an Oakland loss against visiting San Diego:
    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/jets-long-shot-chance-is-put-at-9-percent/?ref=football
         It's probable that the Ravens will beat the Bengals. Baltimore needs to win to  hold off the Steelers, and win the AFC North. It's also forseeable that the Houston Texans will be angered after losing to the "Keystone Colts", and will beat the Titans. Denver losing to KC, and/or the Raiders losing to the Chargers is at least a 50-50 proposition.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Get a Break : The Jests need all three to happen to make it.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    ...and monkeys will come flying out..... 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Ben Roethlisbeerger, Troy Polamalu, and Maurkice Pouncey all are presumed to start this Sunday in Cleveland. This causes me to change my pick, from Cleveland to cover, to the Steelers to cover the 7 point spread: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11364/1200259-100.stm

Likewise, the news that Reggie Bush will miss the Jets game, and the increase in the spread from +1 to +3 for the Jets, causes me to change my pick from the Dolphins winning, to the Jets covering, or winning out-right. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The OR an Oakland loss is possible. The shakeup with the coaching staff can go anyway. The Tennessee game I'm not sure on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets Get a Break :      It's not as far fetched as you think: Recapping what the Jets need besides a victory over Miami: A Cincinnati loss against visiting Baltimore; a Tennessee loss at Houston; and a Denver loss against visiting Kansas City OR an Oakland loss against visiting San Diego: http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/jets-long-shot-chance-is-put-at-9-percent/?ref=football      It's probable that the Ravens will beat the Bengals. Baltimore needs to win to  hold off the Steelers, and win the AFC North. It's also forseeable that the Houston Texans will be angered after losing to the "Keystone Colts", and will beat the Titans. Denver losing to KC, and/or the Raiders losing to the Chargers is at least a 50-50 proposition.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

The key is they need to beat Miami. Jets will lose this game even with out Bush. Taylor's last game, Miami will be up for this, a win gives them a good start to next year. Jets are on the outs

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

i don't know, if they somehow get the 6th seed they will probably beat houston ... they might be dangerous: pat's o-line is hurting, might be a low-scoring game...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In favor of a St. Jude finish for the Jets:

Baltimore has a 55% chance of beating Cincinnati.  That's a close game.  Baltimore has been ordinary as of late.

San Diego has a better than 50% chance of beating Oakland.

I've forgotten all of those other little twists and turns.  The heck with them.

Not in favor of a St. Jude finish:

Mark Sanchize has to take the field and win a game, and on the road.  He's not lighting it up lately.  Rex's full confidence in Sanchize is a kiss goodbye.

LaDanian Tomlinson is pretty broken down and he's quitting.  He has no financial reason for playing hard and getting injured, because he has no new contract and no football paycheck coming up to work for.

They could can Rex Ryan too.   What's his motivation to crack the whip, versus make some more friends within the NFL?

The Phins are actually playing good in the second half of the year. 

So, my favorite long shot to come in is that Cincinnati loses, yet makes the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Jets make it. They've found a way to backdoor sleeze their way into the playoffs every year that fat basturd's been the warden over them. This year's different.........they got nothinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

I pray they make it and come to Foxboro so both Rex and Sanchez can be exposed for the weak failures they are!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jests are DONE.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I still see Miami and Marshall as being winners this week as well as JT. Go Fins

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In some ways, I think it would be good if the Jets made it because I think they may be easier to beat than Cincinnati.  The Bengals have some darn good receivers. The Jets . . . they've got pretty much nothing. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I have no doubt whatsoever that the Jets make it. They've found a way to backdoor sleeze their way into the playoffs every year that fat basturd's been the warden over them. This year's different.........they got nothinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! I pray they make it and come to Foxboro so both Rex and Sanchez can be exposed for the weak failures they are!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

As long as the Patriots take care of business against the Bills, and suffer no further injuries in the process, I could care less about what happens with the Jets. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I didn't see the Phins beating the Jets with Bush, now that Bush is out then it's pretty much a sure thing Jets win it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Jets will make the playoffs, win their first game, and then face the Patriots. They always seem to find a way to make the palyoffs...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Call me crazy, but so far this season whenever Rex Ryan opened his mouth regarding things such as "How the playoffs for NY begins Right Now," ALL the teams near them in record, which NEED to lose...DO lose.  

The unimaginably improbable scenario of The Only Way NY Jets get into the postseason, In reality has a million-to-one shot of occuring:  Jets Win + Cincinnati Loss + Tennessee Loss + <either a- /> Oakland Loss <or b-> Denver Loss...

Denver can't and won't lose b/c The holy Tim Tebow tale is a marketing dream...but now...Cinci + Tenne + Oakland, well now=NYC's a far bigger market, with far more passionate fans, and the super-commish- being a former jets employee, is bar-none emotionally (even if just the slightest) invested in that franchise's success. 

~Normally, I give this a 1 in 100 shot...For The NY Jets?  50-50 on this insanely improbable scenario.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The NY fix is in...Jets and NYG both make the playoffs.