Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillericaHawk. Show BillericaHawk's posts

Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record

Has anyone noticed that the Jets have only beaten 1 team with a winning record?  The Pats during week two...  (whose young D were not coming together)... Why are they getting a high ranking from the experts when they have one win against a team with a winning record, and two losses against teams with a winning record (b-more and G-bay).  Can't wait to see what they do in freezing December, away at Pittsburgh and then away at Chicago.....  oh yeah,,,   We will see then.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record

And that was us. So the rematch looms so much more important. We'd be bragging it up too if the cleat was on the other foot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Um. Yeah. I noticed  that the Jets beat New England. 

That is why they have the lead, and why the Pats/Jets matchup in Foxboro is as important as any divisional game in a decade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

And the Patriots have only beaten three. It seems this season nobody is really standing out and being dominant. Even the top teams have had a few close calls with "lesser competition". All of that is moot, though. It's the game in two weeks that really matters. The strength of the Jests is in being able to close out games, something NE is struggling to do. The Steelers will be a tough one for them, but the Bears O-line is inconsistent, and I'm sure Rex will test them early and often. But whatever happens with the Jests, it is up to NE to handle them, and not hope for another team to knock them off the path! Maybe we'll get lucky and both Edwards and Holmes will wind up in jail by playoff time! NY has been winning games much like we did back in 03. It may well be that these two will meet in the AFCCG. If so, hopefully it will be in Foxboro! But unless Sanchez starts playing like Favre, the division will probably hinge on the game in two weeks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup. This is what I have been saying.  Sanchez is eeking by against average or bad teams.

He throws a pick to lose the game, but Houston is so poorly coached, NY somehow wins again.

Will their luck run out on Thursday night or 12/6?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

they are using it all up early...  luck that is...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

And you lost the teh Browns, a team with a losing record.  What gives?  Most of you think that teams hand us wins going back to last year.  I figured that the week 2 beating we put on you would have lost its sting a little bit but you should still respect us.  We will see you in a couple of weeks, bring a lunchbox because it is going to be that type of game.  Bringing a Rex size whooping to your rebuilding project.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record:
    And you lost the teh Browns, a team with a losing record.  What gives?  Most of you think that teams hand us wins going back to last year.  I figured that the week 2 beating we put on you would have lost its sting a little bit but you should still respect us.  We will see you in a couple of weeks, bring a lunchbox because it is going to be that type of game.  Bringing a Rex size whooping to your rebuilding project.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT
    ...calm down. We still have to play the Bengals while NE plays the Lions. As to "whooping" you talk a good game. I don't see it that way at all. Both teams can be on their game and then off it. It will be a typical Jets/Patriots game..hard fought. If the Jets can win it, they'll be in a great position to take the division. If NE wins, it'll be down to overall record where every game is critical

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Leon my little bug you just keep telling yourself that.  After all you've awarded yourselves the Lombardi trophy every pre season for a few years now. But hey  after 42 fruitless years I guess you need to win championships in the press since you can't do it on the field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edi5386. Show edi5386's posts

Yup. This is what I have been saying.  Sanchez is eeking by against average or bad teams. He throws a pick to lose the game, but Houston is so poorly coached, NY somehow wins again. Will their luck run out on Thursday night or 12/6?
    Posted by BBReigns

Obviously you didn't watch the play because the interception was caused by the rush.  The LB caught his arm while he was throwing it.  BTW, he was on the run the whole day for his life with Mario havinga  monster game.  yeah, it shouldn't have been close and yeah we beat the teams on our schedule.  Will settle up the score with you guys in two weeks. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record : You dont have to tell me to calm down bud.  You can kiss up to pats fans while they disrespect you all you want, dont worry about me.  Look at the title of this thread, look at the way they talk about our QB hiding behind our run game.  You can sit back and eat it all up.  Dont worry about me ripface, as a matter of fact, keep my name of your threads...
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Temper temper little bug.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

LOL! what a temper tantrum or is it your time of the month.  Ignore is for WeeWeepussies

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

welcome to ignore harley, you are truely a mental midget to continually post things like that in a public forum.  At least have half a thought on a subject to contribute.  Enjoy the basement, hope you have a space heater for this upcoming weekend, it is supposed to be cold.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

You're too funny bugboy. Even if he lived in a basement it would still beat that dumpster you call home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record : I guess eeking by is still better than losing to a bad team like the Browns.  Brady looked great against that monster D.  And speaking of bad playcalling, isn't that how the patsies won yesterday?  Kick the field goal and then beat them in OT.  The pastsies could not stop Manning until he threw of the mark. 
    Posted by PhatRex

He threw off the mark because he was pressured but don't let that little fact bother your annual jets win the SB fantasy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

unfortunately, the one team they did beat was us...so..the rematch in Foxboro will be huge for us..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Aww poor WeeWee he got mad and is ignoring me. Does Gholston ignore the ballcarrier? he must because he never sees him.

repeat aloud WeeWee,
    m sofa king ray tar ted

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

p*ssys put people on ignore so its typical of a troll .... there are people i dont like on here but I would never report anyone or put them on ignore...typical p*ssy move...

and as far as the jest beating us(woopin us or whatever the comment was) we beat ourselves that game son... get a clue..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record : I guess eeking by is still better than losing to a bad team like the Browns.  Brady looked great against that monster D.  And speaking of bad playcalling, isn't that how the patsies won yesterday?  Kick the field goal and then beat them in OT.  The pastsies could not stop Manning until he threw of the mark. 
    Posted by PhatRex

lol!!

You just proved you have no idea how BB runs his D. He's always mixing man and zone and disguising.

Keep in mind NE DOMINATED GOMER last year for 56 minutes until a 40 yard PI call came out on Darius Butler and then the incorrect 4th and 2 spot.

He was picked twice, sacked and hurried quite a bit until TBC and Ninkovich went down.

The two TDs Mannign threw outside the red zone to Wayne and White last night were textbook throws, too.

Schaub is not going to the HOF. Manning is.

Go ask Gomer how he feels facing a BB D.  BB is always camouflaging players in different ways against Manning.

I am more annoyed with the 4th quarter offense.

NE ALMOST lost the TOP AGAIN this year because of O'Brien.

I think this team has won it ONCE all year and that was last week. Maybe the Minny game, too.

They had a huge lead in TOP and then lost a bunch of time in the 4th due to 3 and outs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

p*ssys put people on ignore so its typical of a troll .... there are people i dont like on here but I would never report anyone or put them on ignore...typical p*ssy move... and as far as the jest beating us(woopin us or whatever the comment was) we beat ourselves that game son... get a clue..
    Posted by jcour382

Now how exactly did the Pats only lose because of themselves?

Jets won every faze of that game.

Just interested?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record : Obviously you didn't watch the play because the interception was caused by the rush.  The LB caught his arm while he was throwing it.  BTW, he was on the run the whole day for his life with Mario havinga  monster game.  yeah, it shouldn't have been close and yeah we beat the teams on our schedule.  Will settle up the score with you guys in two weeks. 
    Posted by edi5386

I thought the Jets O Line was the best in football?  It doesn't matter if his arm was hit or not. He threw the ball. Not a smart play at that point of the game.

That's the point!! WHEN it happens.  Don't just look at the box score.  Very misleading. 

Look at Gomer last night. The guy throws for 396 but it's irrelevant.

Sanchez also took a sack to push their FG out to 53 yards where Folk missed it.

It's these small things that I am talking about. 

Roethlisberger and Eli Manning also do dumb things like this during games.

At some point those little slant routes will be taken away from Sanchez by much better Ds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Jets Have only Beaten 1 Team w/Winning Record : Now how exactly did the Pats only lose because of themselves? Jets won every faze of that game. Just interested?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Funny that you and leon always seem to show up together and defend each other. Do you go to the same elementary school?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ordinarily I simply disregard posts from the disruptive visitors from the swamplands but in this case I must post a question to WeWe whatever your handle is:

<<What gives?  Most of you think that teams hand us wins going back to last year.  I figured that the week 2 beating we put on you would have lost its sting a little bit but you should still respect us. >>

Are you on the Jets 53-man roster?  Their practice squad perhaps? Coaching staff?  A ballboy?  No, seriously; otherwise how is it that the use of personal pronouns enters into your posts.  'We'?  'Us'? 

No, I mean really, please convey to those of us who are less enlightened how you come by the standing to consider yourself a 'We' or an 'Us'?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

And the Patriots have only beaten three. It seems this season nobody is really standing out and being dominant. Even the top teams have had a few close calls with "lesser competition". All of that is moot, though. It's the game in two weeks that really matters. The strength of the Jests is in being able to close out games, something NE is struggling to do.The Steelers will be a tough one for them, but the Bears O-line is inconsistent, and I'm sure Rex will test them early and often. But whatever happens with the Jests, it is up to NE to handle them, and not hope for another team to knock them off the path! Maybe we'll get lucky and both Edwards and Holmes will wind up in jail by playoff time! NY has been winning games much like we did back in 03. It may well be that these two will meet in the AFCCG. If so, hopefully it will be in Foxboro! But unless Sanchez starts playing like Favre, the division will probably hinge on the game in two weeks.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

I could not disagree more with that excerpt above.  The Jets barely squeaked by with wins over the past three weeks, all to horrible teams that each made obvious, stunningly stupid mistakes to lose their respective games. In this light, exactly how are the Jets "putting away" games in ways the Pats cannot do?

I think the re-match in two weeks is to the Pats' advantage.  The Pats have an equal record to the Jets now.  If both teams win Turkey Day, the Pats stand to gain an advantage in the rematch that they do not currently hold.  If the Jets lose, the lose an advantage they currently hold.  And the Jets are on the road.  Finally, the Pats have beat two tough, contending teams in the past two weeks, throttling one of those teams, while the Jets have beat two softies...barely. The Jets are under more pressure, IMO. And even if they win, I would not at all mind watching the Pats whip the Jets at the Mob-Dumping-Lands in the post season, should it occur.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Hey Jet's fans, thanks a bunch for discarding Woodhead. He only has 529 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns since joining the Pats

Sections
Shortcuts