Jets interested in Law firm?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Jets interested in Law firm?

That is what Sports tonight has reported. Is this a real possibility? What would it mean to the Patriots?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Re: Jets interested in Law firm?

Interesting not really a Sexy Rexy type move in FA, I would believe from Bennys comments hes happy here, in NY he's a backup to Shonne Greene day one I would believe, here he's the starter with 2 high draft pics breathing down his neck but he know from first hand experience BB will play the best player to give the team a chance to win regardless of salary or draft order.  To me that gives us an edge vs NY so Sexy rexy needs to pay decenlty MORE than we would be willing to pay benny. Which means they would most likely be over paying to obtain him.  If he goes he goes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If Vereen and/or Ridley can't beat out Benny(if he's still with us) this upcoming season then the running game will be mediocre again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I think the Giants are a more likely landing spot than the Jets.  First, Jacobs is gone.  Second, Coughlin hates guys that fumble almost as much as BB.  He would complement Bradshaw IMO.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Antowain Smith got us two rings doing that. What I'd like to miss seeing is Tom Brady try to throw playoff games away with wild INTs, BJGE inthe backfield or no BJGE in the backfield.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The Pats had confidence in Antowain Smith on 3rd and 2.  They don't have similar confidence in BJGE in those same situations.  That's a huge difference and the opposing D knows that.  So they play the Pats for pass in that setup.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Jets interested in Law firm?:
    [QUOTE]The Pats had confidence in Antowain Smith on 3rd and 2.  They don't have similar confidence in BJGE in those same situations.  That's a huge difference and the opposing D knows that.  So they play the Pats for pass in that setup.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Uh, no it's not.  Weis did not sub for Smith at the same rate O'Brien subbed for BJGE.

That's your difference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats had confidence in Antowain Smith on 3rd and 2.  They don't have similar confidence in BJGE in those same situations.  That's a huge difference and the opposing D knows that.  So they play the Pats for pass in that setup.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

It's not so much the 3rd and 2 it was the 3rd and 3 or 4.  Other than a couple Hernz direct passes the Pats always passed and yes that makes it much easier for the teams to stop us if they can play us one dimesional.  The idea is that vereen and ridley can stop that.  Teams will ALWAYS play the pass more on 3rd down against the pass but hopefully we can start making you guys pay for it.  
    I'm assuming your a Giants fan, if you a jets doesn't really matter your def isn't that good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets interested in Law firm? : It's not so much the 3rd and 2 it was the 3rd and 3 or 4.  Other than a couple Hernz direct passes the Pats always passed and yes that makes it much easier for the teams to stop us if they can play us one dimesional.  The idea is that vereen and ridley can stop that.  Teams will ALWAYS play the pass more on 3rd down against the ***PATS*** but hopefully we can start making you guys pay for it.   I'm assuming your a Giants fan, if you a jets doesn't really matter your def isn't that good.
    Posted by quinzpatsfan[/QUOTE]

That typo really killed my post making sense...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.