Jets' last five wins and next Monday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday

In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : ...Next Monday is a must win for the Patriots and a statement game for the Jet's...I for one can't wait and am alredy stocking up on popcorn...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I think it is more a must win for the Jets than the Pats given the remaining games each team will have.  Pats win out and they have the title and home field.  The Jets must not only win, but need to still play the Steelers in Pittsburgh, Pats already took care of that game, and both have Chicago on the road.  The Pats still have Green Bay, but at home, to which the Jets already lost to at home.  I like the Pats chances against GB at home.  Either way, the next 5 weeks will be interesting for sure!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Monday night game is for homefield advantage thruout....no way the Patriots lose this game, way too much at stake....this loss by the Jets could be the straw that breaks the camels back....alot of tough games for them at a time when they really need to win....Jets could be starting a 4 game skid begining with the Patriots.....wouldn't it be funny to see them as the 5th or 6th seed & maybe even lose out on the playoffs all togather....so many egos I bet once the losing starts the downward spiral will be brutal....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

I hope they win just to shut that A-h@le Rex Ryan up...total d@uche bag!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : I totally agree with this post. I too believe it is a mistake to underestimate the Jets. Although i like neither the team nor the fans they are a good football team.  A team does not get to 9-2 at this point without being good. It will take a total team effort by our Pats to beat these guys.    
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Its also a mistake to over-estimate them, as the entire NFL has done this year. Between fat rex's and numerous b ig mouth jests' constant  boasting and the NY media's spinning each win over sub 500 teams as amazing feats, I believe they're hugely overrated and will take an azz whipping Monday night against the mighty Pats!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey Phat... let's just end this trash talk with this.. You like your team, we like ours.  May the team playing best on Monday, 12/6 win!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Unless the pastsies put up 45 points, their chances of beating the Jets are about as good as the first time around, you know bofore Pace and Holmes were on the field.

Rex I appreciate your passion about your team. I wish sometimes there wern't the personal attacks here. I like to talk football. Anyway I have a hard time believing that the Pats have to score 45 to beat you. but you know, we could do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

One aspect of the game that is rarely mentioned so far is that of the Special Teams. Does this come into play? I was not very impressed with the Pats return team vs. the Lions. But I haven't seen enough of the Pats to say definitively if this is a weak spot on the team. Can anyone enlighten me on this because field position may have a lot to do with the outcome of this game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, expect for FatRex. However, good teams find ways to win the close games.  And the Jets have been winning the close games. I also think, judging by the way the Patriots kept targetting Moss in the first game, BB felt it was more important to clean up the Moss mess than to beat the Jets in that game.  So, the Patriots used that game to showcase Moss knowing that even if they did lose they could even up the series in the second game.
    Posted by Will-Redd[/QUOTE]

fitndng a way to win u are including stafford getting hurt and suh missing a xtra point because detroits kicker got hurt, thats pure luck to me.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The NFL is conspiring to give the Jets home field to pay for their new stadium.  Unfortunately the conspirators are no match for Brady and the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Personal attacks are only for those deserving.  I have no doubt the patsies are capable of putting up 45, just not against the Jets D.  In reality, that number is probably 30 and that is nearly as unlikley.  I would guess 21-24.  You can't keep a great O like NE down to 14 every game.  How many ppg does NE give up?
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Phatrex - last year the Pats put up 31 points against a better Jets defense than this year's Jets defense.  All my Jets fan buddies tell me the Jets D is not as good this season and that the Jets have little pass rush.  They don't like the safety play also.  Another honest point is that they say the Jets Offensive coordinater is pretty bad and that he's responsible for Sanchez not paying well at times.  Sure the Pats defense isn't very good - I agree with you.  But the game is in Foxboro so Pats will probably win just due to that.  Plus the Pats are a lot better now than week two - tons better really.  I like the Pats chances in this one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]One aspect of the game that is rarely mentioned so far is that of the Special Teams. Does this come into play? I was not very impressed with the Pats return team vs. the Lions. But I haven't seen enough of the Pats to say definitively if this is a weak spot on the team. Can anyone enlighten me on this because field position may have a lot to do with the outcome of this game.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Losing Gostkowski hurts the Pats in this department. He was a touchback machine, and Graham has a tendency to drill line drives, which hampers the return team's effectivness -- which is not even to mention Graham's effectiveness on field goals under pressure. We simply don't know. Generally, the Pats special teams have been strong. Losing your starting kicker is a huge blow, but it hasn't bitten the Pats too hard . . .

. . . yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Graham for cincinnati was the leading scored. lol for all thats worth. I don't think he's that bad. Missed some but not like vanderjag.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

From here on out, the Pats and JESTS play teams with the SAME EXACT combined records: 30-21. They each play a 9-2 team (each other next Monday night), two 7-3 teams (the Pats: Packers and Bears; the JESTS!: Squeelers and Bears). They both play the 5-5 'Fins, and the 2-8 Bills. The combined opponents still have a reasonable chance of making the playoffs, with the exception being the 'Fins. The difference in games played lies in four teams: the Pats beat teh 5-5 Bolts, and the 6-4 Colts (first place schedule). The JESTS! beat teh 3-7 Brokebacks and the 4-6 Texans, a 2nd place schedule).   

The difference in each team's recent play has been teh pats abilioty to get out front and hold on, exception being the Lions. But, when looking at teh opposition (Squeelers and Colts), that's not unusual. Bottom line is the Pats won and made late game stops when they HAD to. The JESTS! had to come from behind to force OT or even win, against vastly inferior opponents, and the Pats are supposd to feel scared or intimidated by them? GIMMIE A BREAK! Give BB 10 days to game plan and watch out. I'm betting he makes the JESTS! "one dimensional" come game time; the question is which way? MAKE Sanchez beat them with his arm or shut him down and make the running game beat them. We'll know by the 2nd and 3rd JESTS! possession. 

Unitl then, let Jabba The Jett continue to makea  fool of himself and let teh national media hores get all excited and jiggly over his team, what he says, and how he cross dresses.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Tate had the flu, cut him some slack. At least he didnt fumble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Jersey Pats Brandon Tate has 3 Kick offs returned for TDs (1 preseason) and I believe is the all time NCAA return leader.  That said, they did not seem to adjust very well to the ball being kicked to the same place every time.  That was by far their worst performance of the year.  Edelman and Welker are reliable punt returners.  Kick off coverage is middle of the pack, puint coverage is top third.  Bottom line Jets are better on kickoffs, Pats on punts. Punting is dead even on net yards.  The Jets punter has more inside the 20 but that is due to Jets punting 59 times to NE's 41 times. FG - Jets are bottom dwellars with the most misses of any team and 27th in accuracy.  NE lost its kicker and has Shane Graham.  His kickoffs are unimpressive and his FG accuracy is unknown because NE is scoring TDs
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think field position is going to play a big part in this game. You are not going to see many, if any 50 yard plus plays from either offense. Shorter field is definitely going to be big in this game.

Sections
Shortcuts