Jets' last five wins and next Monday

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday

Jets are toast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Agree, Jerks are TOAST!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I don't think this incarntion of the Jets D is better than last years D, however, last year's D had to compensate for more turnovers from Sanchez. Like it or not, Sanchez is making more plays and has fewer turnovers. He is hitting his receivers on short-intermediate routes and thus gaining confidence to throw the occasional deep route. The Jets are also getting quality production from LT.

I don't buy into the we beat so-so by more points than you and are team is therefore better than yours line of thinking. Neither of these teams (Patriots/Jets) is trying to improve their BCS ranking so margin of victory does not matter. Only winning matters. If the Patriots win out they get homefield throughout the playoffs. I don't much care if they beat the Jets by three points or 30 points as long as they win.

At this point I want to make it clear that I hate the Jets and want the Pats to crush them every time they play, but to say there has been no improvement on the entire Jets team would be incorrect. Not only incorrect, but a dangerous presumption to make going into what could easily be the most important non-playoff game of the year for both teams.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

and which Jest team will show up the one coming off their bye and getting shut out at home or the one that has needed Denver, Detroit, and Cincinnati to mess up in order to win?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday:
    [QUOTE]The question is, which patsie team will show up, the one that got crushed by the Jets or the one that got crushed by the Browns?
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Or the one that crushed the Steelers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I absolutely, positively HATE the Jets - specifically their loud mouthed coach, their 'classy' running back and their obnoxious fans.

However, they do worry me - the fact they barely beat mediocre team is interesting - but the fact is they are winning - and winning close ones.

Credit where credit is due - they are a solid team. You are who your record says you are - and they are 9-2.

I am optimistic we will win - but it is going to take a solid performance in ALL 3 phases, for the ENTIRE game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think any team can be underestimating any other team.   NE will want this game badly.

I am sure NE is looking to serve up a little humble pie to a hated rival who has some incredibly arrogant players on it, led by their coach.

If Sanchez thought last year was tough in NE, he hasn't seen anything yet.

I expect it to be a madhouse, too.  Weather will probably be unfavorable for Hair Gel as well. 

NE is a much different team and has been playing tough competition for a while now, while NY has cupcaked itself along for a month.

Anyone catch Sanchez last night?   Yup.  Not really very impressive when you actually watch him.

The Bengals are like the Vikes.  They quit 2 weeks ago and NY is struggling at home.  This is what they have been doing: Finding ways to win but spending 3 quarters basically daring the crappy team to beat them.

Well, the Pats aren't crappy.

How about contact on the punt with Caldwell? How does Marvin Lewis still have his job?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]The question is, which patsie team will show up, the one that got crushed by the Jets or the one that got crushed by the Browns?

How about the one that embarrased the Steelers at Heinz field?  Would you like to see that one? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone seems to be so impressed that Brady had such a great day yesterday.  No denying, he's a great QB and ovbiously he is the reason why the patsies win their games that they do.  However, that not only was the Lions, but the the Lions minus a decent QB that the patsies were getting beat by well into the third Qtr.  That Detroit team is one of the few teams in the NFL that has a worse D than the pats.  Many of you want to penalize the Jets for almost getting beat, but not actually getting beat,  which shows your total ignorance about football and you lack of knowledge of the team you root for along.  Many comments about 'almost' losing to the Browns, perhaps forgetting that they made Brady look like an average QB as the Jets did too. It's hard to figue where this over confidence about the patsies chances of beating the Jets are coming from.  The Patriots have a great offence and a bad defense the Jets have a great defense and an average offense.  Unless the pastsies put up 45 points, their chances of beating the Jets are about as good as the first time around, you know bofore Pace and Holmes were on the field.

As usual, you're dumb. BB made adjustments.  He did it in the Pitt game, too. No one does it better.

If Bill O'Brien doesn't fiddle with the spread in the 1st half, you aren't even talking about 17 points.

Detroit played their SB and NE took it away from them in the 3rd quarter.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This is what makes you dumb.  You think NE is going to lay an egg at home against the hated and obnoxious Green New Jersey with the diviison on the line?

bwahahaha

Most deluded fanbase in the NFL.

That's your only hope, apparently.   Hey, maybe Brady will get the runs and miss the 1st half?

If Sanchez was my QB struggling against teams like Cincy at home, I'd be concerned too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Yep, just another example of a top 3 defensive team getting done on luck, happens all the time.  BTW, who gives up 24 points to a backup QB no one has ever heard of?

Not all of us are homers.  The Jets' record is who they are. A W is a W is a W. I don't care how it's done. I don't like the Jets, but Kudos to them anyways.

It'll be fun to watch the re-match, regardless of the outcome.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Did he make halftime adjustments in the first Pats/Jets game?

You can bet on this rematch that the Pats won't have to worry about keeping Moss happy and will take what the Jets D allows.  Not that Moss didn't completely sink Revis island that day.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Of course the Packers have a great D, do the patsies?  I miss the patsie fans from week 9 that were lined up on the edge of the cliff crying about how bad the team is.  Can we assume that you'll all be back after another loss to the Jets.

Yes Phatty I'll be here win or lose. I've been here for sometime now been banned more times than I can remember. I'll be here...question is will you and WeeWee?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Did he make halftime adjustments in the first Pats/Jets game?

No, it was Week 2. He was still trying to figure out what he had with 4 rookies starting in Sept.

You play your SB in Sept, the Pats like to play theirs in February.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I'm not an "on the edge" guy, it's a long season we'll both be there in the end barring any major injury/collapse. One will be the division winner one will be the WC, who knows maybe we'll meet three times this season whooo hooooo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Detroit was playing a number of teams pretty well before they met New England and turned into Hello Kitty.  Last week they were a 7.2 victory team by my statistics, the Patriots were only 6.5 point favorites, and so the Patriots’ major win on the road earns considerable cred in my all-numeric system. 

The Jets had a pretty good win but over a worse team, and at Giants-Jets (second billing) stadium.  I had the Jets by 10.2 points and they won by 16, yep, the final safety is counted under my current rule system. 

Here’s a flash peek at the top of the newest ratings to show the movement of New England and the Jets especially.  Note that this year I give a little extra weighting to the very last game, in order to more properly weight any potential brand new injury factors or players returning to the lineup.  Teams that haven't played this week, and that have lost that weighting, have slid up and down a bit.  My power ranking is the number of victories expected out of 16 games if the season started fresh tomorrow.

1   ne   14.6   (last wk. 2)

2   phi   13.1   (last wk. 1)

3   gb   12.9   (last wk. 3)

4   bal   11.2   (last wk. 5)

5   atl   11.0   (last wk. 6)

6   nyj   10.9   (last wk. 9)

7   pit   10.8   (last wk. 4)

8   sd   10.7   (last wk. 10)

9   chi   10.3   (last wk. 11)

10   ind   10.2   (last wk. 8)

I have New England over the Jets by 8.6 points on Monday, December 6.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets' last five wins and next Monday : Already lining up your excuses, I see.  I will just assume that your mantra during the off season will be more of the same. 

Losing a road game in the diviison is an "excuse"?  NY had to have that game and they got it.

Look, idiot:

NE gets everyone's A game. Period.  We all know it.  It's been like this for 8 years.

The Jets have crowned themselves the 2010 SB Champs, so they better live up to it.

Your team held serve at home like a 2010 SB Champ should, right?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.